European Championship betting types, help!

Angellike

As the Euro's approach so do the various betting options, such as predicting the whole championship. My question to you is which one is preferrable?

The two I have come across so far are:

1) You get (A)points in prediciting the exact outcome of a match (e.g. we predict a 2-0 scoreline and the match ends 2-0 France vs Romania), (B)points for the correct aggregate (e.g. we predict 2-0, match ends 3-1), ©points for prediciting the correct 1-X-2 result (e.g. we predict 2-0, match ends 1-0). Most A-points win.

2) You get points based on the 1-X-2 odds pre-game, e.g. 1.30 points if you predict France to beat Romania and they do, 4 points for a draw and 11 points for a Romainian win.

I'm sure there are other variants, which one do you prefer (and where can one find it?)

I won’t disclose the details just yet, but we're planning to run a competition somewhat similar - but still very different - to the ones you mention. Would be great with some more thoughts on the preferred type of competition - nothing is set in stone yet, and we might very well amend the competition, based on the feedback in this thread :)

It depends a bit on the type of audience you are trying to attract.

For a beginner/intermediate I think the simplicity of "Choose scoreline --> Hope it hits' is attractive. 

For a somewhat more experienced player the aspect of getting points for the subseqent odds provides a much more (skillful(?)) challenge. It's also a lot more hard work as the odds will change and being quick/up to date will benefit you a lot more than the abovestanding. Having said that, having a beginner choose who is going to win might work as well, as they don't care about the odds --> Their gut feeling is much more important.

I'm sure there is room for multiple competitions, especially if you offer a broad selection of buy ins.

If I where a person trying to attract people to gamble on my (European Championship) style of betting, my first order of business would be: "How do I get the person most interested in watching the game?". Even if a EC is very interesting on its own, finding a way of having them come to my site is obviously paramount. I might try something very "gambly", e.g. having people predict the number of corners, goal kicks, throw ins, cards, subs, goal scorers etc (perhaps all of them and call it "Euro-precition-o-rama!"   

Archived