Community WC fantasy chat

BonusPater

Thought I'd create a thread for discussions around team selections, predictions etc. related to the community fantasy competition for the WC. 

So, if you'd like feedback on a player or your team, share important information, or just talk fantasy, this is the place :)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I'm sure I've put together a winning team for the "€500 Round 1 Draft", I won't share my entire team, but here is one of my stars 🤣, who's actually on both my draft teams :D I dare you to share a player from your own team :)

tempsnip.png.2d8313a548b8fa89d889077c2ddb7973.png

Well, i'm from Romania (unfortunately my team is watching this tournament on TV :)) ) 

Bets i made :

Winner (and my favourite) : England

Top scorer: Griezmann

Group D will be  absolutely amazing with Argentina,Iceland,Croatia and Nigeria

For me Nigeria is the best team from Africa (right now) , Croatia with some amazing players (Modric,Rakitic,Mandzukic and Perisic) , Iceland with the best team in their history (won their group against Croatia,Ukraine and Turkey) and Argentina who don't need any presentation.

Will be no surprise if Argentina will finish on 3rd place, anything is posible.

Group D= Group of Death

I ask other members from comunity :

What do you think it will be "group of death"?

To me, group A, C, D and H will be the most interesting ones.
- Group A: Russia somehow managed to get a group they might actually finish second in, despite being horrible. It's going to be very close and I'm not at all sure who'll finish second.
- Group C: My country, Denmark, is also in a very exciting group. It's going to be close between Peru and Denmark, and Australia are definitely not without chances either.
- Group D: I agree with you, @Ivanus, that is a good candidate for becoming the most interesting of the 8. Anything can happen, and all four teams will believe they can progress. Odds 3.6 on Iceland and 3.40 on Nigeria to finish in top 2 shows this very well.
- Group H: This is the closest of the 8 groups and definitely one I'm looking forward to. 

2044477274_GroupH.PNG.5edeb284d4d95b4dacef6c72ba9d8d0d.PNG

So, @Ivanus, who did you put on your fantasy team? ;)

@testuser1 wrote:

@WuDu asked about the points and whether clean sheet e.g. applied to all players. I've clarified this on the "HELP?" page, but thought I'd write here as well.

So, just to confirm: all actions apply to all players, no matter their position :)

Maybe in future, if we have this fantasy again someday, clean sheet could be just for goalies and defenders?

It would narrow the gap of potential points of defensive and attacking players and could bring table more tactics and different kind looking teams :)

@Livertool wrote:

@testuser1 wrote:

@WuDu asked about the points and whether clean sheet e.g. applied to all players. I've clarified this on the "HELP?" page, but thought I'd write here as well.

So, just to confirm: all actions apply to all players, no matter their position :)

Maybe in future, if we have this fantasy again someday, clean sheet could be just for goalies and defenders?

It would narrow the gap of potential points of defensive and attacking players and could bring table more tactics and different kind looking teams :)

Will use my own points system in the future, as this out-of-the-box one just sucks :)

@Boby, I disagree. 3-4-3 will always be the best formation with the current point system, so it doesn't really make sense to let people choose themselves. There will be different formations for different contests, but think it should be the same for all members :)

Archived