Ante post bet

Goody1

I placed £10.00 on Frodon to win the Cheltenham Gold Cup in January at 201/ it now looks like it won't be running in the Gold Cup ,but possibly running in the Ryanair Chase instead. Does that mean I lose my £10.00 stake money or will it go on to the Ryanair Chase ? 

Hi @Goody1, welcome to the Community. 
As a general rule, quotations offered in advance of the day of a particular race. Bets so placed are lost if your horse/hound is a non-starter I'm afraid:"f. Ante Post betting
1) For a bet to be considered as an Ante Post bet (AP) it is to be placed prior to the overnight
declaration stage. Usually such declaration is effected 48 hours prior to race start for Flat racing
and 24 hours prior to race start for National Hunt racing.
2) AP stakes on horses/hounds which are not participating in the race will not be refunded and
Tattersalls Rule 4 does not apply, unless specifically stated"

/Ray

Former Community Moderator

Hi im trying to take advantage of the Cheltenham ante-post free bet offer for new customers - basically get a free £10 for everyday of the festival if i place a £10 antepost bet. My question is and this is a noob question but ante-post is this a bet that i can place before the race - how long before the race does an ante-post bet need to be to qualify for the free bets??

Hi @nigeng  @NeilCole22  @Luke129196 @Goody1  The perils and pitfalls of Ante Post.

Ante post bets are usually bets placed on horse racing or dogs more than 24 hours before the race, usually to gain a better price on your selection, 😃 but the drawback is that if your selection is a non-runner your bet is lost. :teardrop:  In your case @Goody1  your horse is deemed a non-runner as @RayL says, as you've backed it in the Gold cup and it is now running in a different race, and in these cases the bet is not transferred as the markets for two different races will be completely different. Good luck in the world's best and most competitive race meeting. 👍

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Hi @NeilCole22 , @nigeng , @Luke129196, welcome to the Community :)
I can see in the progression of your Bonuses that everything is going acording to plan. The initial bets have been placed and registered in the Bonus system, no issues there whatsoever.
I can also see in the terms of your Bonus that the Free bets will start being credited from tomorow, I'll leave the full terms below and highlight the relevant parts. 
@GR1ZZL3R , thank you for the explanation sir :) It's always highly appreciated.

) Eligibility to receive the bonus:

This offer is available to:

- New customers only.
- Aged 18 years or older.
- Located in United Kingdom
- Minimum deposit is £10

2) How to claim the welcome offer:

- Opt-in to the bonus during registration and make a first-time deposit of at least £10 (£9.70 via the Paysafe payment method).
- Place a £10+ single (£5 e/w) Ante-Post bet on The Cheltenham Festival at odds 1/1 (2.00) or greater before Monday 11th March 23:59 (GMT).
- If you're Ante-Post selection becomes a Non-Runner prior to Tuesday 12th March, you will not receive your free bets.
- You will receive the free bets regardless of whether your qualifying £10 bet wins or loses.

Using your Free Bets:

- Only once you have placed a £10+ single (£5 e/w) ante-post bet on The Cheltenham Festival at odds 1/1 (2.00) or greater will you be eligible to receive your daily free bet.
- A £10 free bet will be credited into your account each day.
- This can be found in the ‘bonuses’ section under ‘bonus offers’ by 10:00 (GMT) which you will have to opt-in to each day in order to receive.

- You will receive a £10 free bet on the following days:

Tuesday 12th March - £10 free bet - minimum odds 1/1 (2.00)
Wednesday 13th March - £10 free bet - minimum odds 1/1 (2.00)
Thursday 14th March - £10 free bet - minimum odds 1/1 (2.00)
Friday 15th March - £10 free bet - minimum odds 1/1 (2.00)

- You will receive the free bets regardless of whether your qualifying £10 bet wins or loses.
- Any returns from the free bets will not include the stake.
- There will be no wagering requirements on any winnings from the free bet.
- The free bet will appear when adding selections to your bet slip.
- The free bets will be valid to use for that day only.

4) General Conditions:

- Offer ends Monday 11th March 23:59 (GMT)
- Only one bonus per household is permitted.
- Unibet reserves the rights to amend or terminate the bonus at any time.
- Amendments to the bonus will not be made after you are opted in, unless there is sufficient evidence to show you are attempting to break the rules of the promotion.
- General Unibet terms and conditions apply.

@NeilCole22  If a bet is placed more than 24 hours before a race and the horse is then declared a non-runner you lose the bet as it is classed as ante -post. If you bet on the day of the race and your horse is declared a non-runner you should get your bet back but as non runners can be declared at any time, even up to the time of the start of the race, you won't know until the race actually starts. If you bet and get a non runner I'm not sure you would get your free bet as you won't actually have had a bet, unless you have another bet. It can get complicated!:scared:

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@ns10 wrote:

I have just placed a £10 bet on the 13:30 race tomorrow at cheltenham, will this qualify as antepost in line with the £10 free bet per day??

Timewise you might just be inside the usual 24 hours for an ante-post bet, you would have to check terms and conditions for your actual bonus.😃

So, @NeilCole22, if the bet placed today is a non runner, you will still receive the Free Bets starting from tomorrow, yes :). This in the case that the initial bet placed today respects the terms and conditions mentioned above,(minimum amount to bet, odds, times etc) which it does.

/Ray

@T3pp3r This is a bit more complicated. They woudn't have been in the same race when you made your bet would they, so if one has been taken out of it's original race and put in the same race as the other I think it may be classed as a non runner for the original race, and under normal terms for an ante post bet it would be deemed a loser. However, your bet being a double, normally when a non runner is involved in a double the whole stake becomes a single on the other horse, so your bet may still be "live"

Archived