An ode to the WTA, volume 1: Australian Aperitif

Plotinus

Aussie open 2016 1st round. Little sister Radwanska (Poland) versus talented teenager Ana Konjuh(Croatia). Have you ever singled out an epic value bet only to fall asleep and discover that the match is well underway by the time you're awake? Of course you have. Maybe you've even had those few seconds where you forgot if you actually made the bet or not - after you've looked up the score. Well this was one of those times. I had wanted to bet on the still unknown Konjuh, a very talented and hard hitting player. One of my favourite betting strategies in the WTA is to find value in youngsters before they've become household names, and her opponent Radwanska had struggled ever since her injuries. Yes Konjuh at almost even money was a mighty good price - I thought. Well I woke up and looked up the score, one set was finished and.. it was bagel time! 6-0 Radwanska and thank God I hadn't, as it turned out, made the biggish bet on Konjuh as I had planned. My read was completely off, but as every tennis fan knows, the WTA just like God and women in general works in mysterious ways.

Well I still hadnt given up on Konjuh and looked for a livebet opportunity. After all, it was first round, maybe she just needs an adjustment before hitting that Radwanska out of court Serena style.

Nope. 6-0 3-0 three games in to the second set. Tears are on their way for the teenager; she is toast! Served well done courtesy of the Australian summer sun.

But look at those odds..hovering around 13. Can you feel it? 13 times your money back, ka ching!! Nothing like scoring big in WTA live betting. Lil sis Radwanska is like a house of cards, I remind myself. If my girl Konjuh hits some winners, she'll turn the polish blonde into Bambi on ice in no time. Let's keep looking for that opening. Two games and a couple of points later it was there. Yes, Konjuh was about to level the score in the 2nd set and I got on the Croatian diesel train while there was still value to be had. Come on Konjuh! Yee-hah! I got in at 7 when the score was 2-3. I had made a good investment looking at roughly a 1k euro payout if I won. Now it was all down to the ladies squaring it out. Yes, it was all blood, tears and sarcastic looks in the direction of their coaches. Did I mention that Konjuh has one of the meanest eye rolls on the tour..?

Well she quickly took care of the 2nd set and half an hour later she had the 3rd set in her pocket as well, 5-1. It is just very nice when you're on the right side of a momentum swing in tennis. It is like a cool breeze on a hot summer night. Swish! Swoosh!

Well, it never comes easy, does it? 5-1 turned into 5-3, but the tennis gods were just teasing me this time (with emphasis on this time). Boom! Ana finished her off, 6-3. Polish tears and nasty hand shakes were on their way. A beautiful sight.

750603364_lastned.jpg.ea460d5101505dcfc941742e4567e43d.jpg

Yes! Of course : p  Technical glitch. For some reason the site refused to make a post that contained "h-e-l-e" in it, which I later realized was the title of the print screen, in norwegian: "ta inn h-e-l-e skjermbildet". Anyways, here we go:1234bbg.thumb.jpg.24021b71b456eb2815427d84e34536f9.jpg

Cool story bro. For ages i bet on Tomasz Sikora. It was a live coverage on Eurosport but I took care on my PC. So I saw that there is a Live logo under the Eurosport's one and Sikora in on the first place.  So I bet on Tomasz to win the race with 10X odds. Unfortunately channel was muted and and I thought the race is on. But there was only a replay because it was a delay due to the bad weather conditions. Fortunately Tomasz Sikora has won the race again.:smileyvery-happy:

Archived