A cancellation of a bet by a mistake in the listing

Felien12345

Good evening @JeppeL,

If you make a fault, it is your responsibility to redress that fault. Ok, maybe it is written in the conditions that if there are mistakes in the setting of the odd, the bets are voided. First of all, it is a very strange rule, because you can do whatever you want... Second, if you make a fault, you can at least redress your fault by giving something to the client. It can be a bonus or something else, but at least something! It is really not fair that you all leave us behind with a nasty feeling. We all feel robbed by Unibet! I ask, once again, for a compensation. For a company like Unibet, it is not a big deal to give us a compensation...

Thank you.

Floris

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Floris wrote:

Good evening @JeppeL,

If you make a fault, it is your responsibility to redress that fault. Ok, maybe it is written in the conditions that if there are mistakes in the setting of the odd, the bets are voided. First of all, it is a very strange rule, because you can do whatever you want... Second, if you make a fault, you can at least redress your fault by giving something to the client. It can be a bonus or something else, but at least something! It is really not fair that you all leave us behind with a nasty feeling. We all feel robbed by Unibet! I ask, once again, for a compensation. For a company like Unibet, it is not a big deal to give us a compensation...

Thank you.

Floris

@Floris Sorry for the very late response! I get your point and it's been brought up before in a situation like this, but we see things a bit differently: 

If you make a fault, it is your responsibility to redress that fault.

We do address the error by voiding all bets placed when the odds are wrongly set, both the bets placed when the odds were incorrect that appear to be winners as well as the ones that looks like will be lost - that's a way to go back to even grounds for everyone, no losses, no wins, but everyone back to status quo before bets were placed.

Ok, maybe it is written in the conditions that if there are mistakes in the setting of the odd, the bets are voided. First of all, it is a very strange rule, because you can do whatever you want...

The terms and conditions is the agreement made between you and us when you register your account, it would be nonsensical if we didn't settle bets in accordance with the rules agreed to by both parties.

There are players who only look for these opportunities and to bet when the odds are heavily in their favor because they're set erroneously.  Then there are other players who are more opportunists, and will place a bet on wrong odds if they see them, on top of whatever else they play. In both cases, these players would not have bet on the event if it hadn't been for the wrong odds. I don't find it reasonable to expect us to reward this kind of play by giving out a bonus or something similar to everyone who played, not when the odds are clearly wrong and made in error. 

So I need a better argument than "you can do whatever you want", because as we wish to make Unibet a good of place to play as possible, and we'd never intentionally set an incorrect odds just to void everything later. We'd be out of business quickly, both because players would leave, but also because we could never turn a profit on the bets as all stakes are given back to the players. 

And because you can claim that someone can do something in therory, it doesn't mean that they are. Do you feel there's a general problem with wrongly set odds? Because the information I have says that compared to how many bets we're offering live all the time, wrongly set odds only happen very rarely.

Second, if you make a fault, you can at least redress your fault by giving something to the client. It can be a bonus or something else, but at least something! It is really not fair that you all leave us behind with a nasty feeling. We all feel robbed by Unibet! I ask, once again, for a compensation. For a company like Unibet, it is not a big deal to give us a compensation...

I started out my post by explaining the problems we have from our side "compensating" for this, and I say it like that because I'm not sure you can consider it a compensation when nothing has been lost as everyone in the scenario ends up breaking even. I do apologize again for the error, and I guarantee you that it's something we put a lot of resources into making sure happens as rarely as possible.

But out of principle we cannot offer anything for this scenario. If we did that and the next time people saw a bet with obviously incorrect odds, everyone could just place the biggest bet possible and come out on top with no chance of losing as we'd still void all bets like our the T&C states that we have to, and then claim a compensation for it either through here or at Customer Support - so it would end up a very big deal actually if I gave you all something on the basis of this :)

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, why not payout at the correct odds? Not 36 but 11 or 9 or whatever. That seems the logical solution. And were only the odds for one team to win wrong or the other options were wrong as well? It makes a huge difference