World Cup Handball

Hoovers

My craziest, and the most cowardly played coupon was several years ago on unibet. It was world cup handball and i was just waiting for sweden to play against norway. I was expecting sweden to beat norway . Sweden had for 2 previous games been down a few goals in halftime and then showed their fighting face winning the match with a great second half. I played sweden - norway 2/1 at odds 11. Not having a lot to play with, due to cash shortage, i wanted to combine it and played 2 other world cup matches to end with a draw, dont exactly remember the odds but was about 8-9. So i played three doubles and the triple with the triple giving 1300 to 1 or so. Since i was out of cash, i played 1 SEK ( about 0.1 euro) on each combo and to my surprise and delight, all three happened giving me a total of around 210 euro. My main concern was why i didnt put in 10 SEK instead.....

When in a hurricane, some people build shelters while others build windmills.

• 7 months later...

I think that a swedish win ( yes, i´m from sweden :D) is possible , mind you all that Qatar beat Germany, and think that a bet on Sweden is well worth the money. Sweden have atm probably the best team since the glory days in the 90´s when we were the leading nation in handball. I would strongly suggest on bets with a close match and for the gamblers a swedish victory.

An even better bet IMO is a Qatar victory @ Slovenia. I think the Qatar team will upset another strong european country, Slovenia - Tunisia was 28-28 and Qatar is by far better than the tunisians

Spain will crush Croatia.

When in a hurricane, some people build shelters while others build windmills.

It could easily end up with a Swedish surprise, @Hoovers 😀

Agree with you, @psrquack. Slovenia should win tonight. Qatar is getting too much credit for their victory against Germany IMO and I doubt they'll be able to do it again. Goalkeeper Saric was outstanding in that game and saved 43% of Germany's shots - his tournament average is only 34%. They're missing Markovic (team top scorer at the Olympics last year) and even though Capote seems to be unstoppable, I believe Slovenia have the tactical routine to get him under control. Despite a couple of poor games defensively, Slovenia has played some of the best attacking handball I've seen so far and they should be able to knock out Qatar without too much trouble.

Former community moderator

I was so surprized when Qatar took the lead in the second half against Germany. I think it was a short blackout on the german side, because they have controlled the game and it's seemed they can win easily. That's the reason why I think that Slovenia will win tonight. They can show a better average performance.

I think Norway will win tomorrow, they had a very easy game against Hungary, so they could rest a little bit. I saw the match and they have a lot of talented, fast young players, most probably they are fresher than the croatian side. 

But of course, no team can stop Karabatic and co, this is like a golden generation in french handball. 

Archived