Why is my bet lost?

Flashy

Hello all,

How can Kerber Bouchard, tip Bouchard +3,5 be settled as odd 1, if kerber withdrew from the game at 3-6, 0-5?

Bouchard won the game and played the second day against kuznetsova.

now theblibe chat person says the result can't be estimated...she won the game and i had her not lose bu more than 3,5 games!!!

My bet slip was still a winner but divided by the 2.18 odd.

what can i do in this situation because i feel it's a terrible error?

thanks

It is stated that if a player withdraws for the game, all bets will be voided. 

So the odds should indeed become one

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@VikingsAF Where did you read that? Not on Unibet for sure 🤣 At Unibet ,if a minimum of set has been played,and one player retires after,the bet will be settled as win for those who bet on the other player,regardless of the score .

The thing with this one is that,normally,it should have been won,but if you look at the T&C of Unibet,you will find out that is a bit more complicated. 

""Handicap" offers on unfinished matchesthe outcome of which is already determined before the interruption of play and/or where any further continuance of play could not possibly produce a different outcome to said offers, will be settled based on the result achieved until the interruption. For the calculation of these settlements, the minimum amount of occurrences which should have been needed to bring the offer to the natural conclusion will be added as necessary depending on the number of sets which the match is scheduled for. Should this calculation produce a situation where no possible alterations could affect the outcome of the offer this will be settled as such"

This match was scheduled for 3 sets,so even if it sounds SF,there is a way that Kerber could have won the second set and had a very easy 3rd one,so in this situation the bet would have been lost.If it was a bet for over/under number of sets ( i.e.: Over 22 games in the match) and the score was 7-6 ; 4-4 and one of the players retires at that time...the bets Over would have been Won because even if the match continues there will be at least 23 games in the match in total.But with "Handicap" bets it gets a bit more complicated on Unibet if the retirement happens in the 2nd set.

Still hope your bet will be settled as WON,that would be the logical thing to do.

"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"

I thought the same because i didn't take the time tk read t&c. All that changed this week when Sharapova abandoned her match in the third set and my bet on her was shown as lost.:)

so yeah, at unibet, if an abandon comes after the first set, it's considered a loss.

Well if the bet would've been bouchard -3,5, i would understand they consider it impossible to determine.

But in this case bouchard+3,5 means literally she won't lose by more than 3 games.

So, if she won the game by the opponent abandoning in the second set, how can she lose by more than 3,5?:))

It seems ridiculous to me

This should be a win
I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

@psrquack well, the live chat agent says they did that but the betting team replied they cannot determine the outcome of the handicap.

Basically saying: Bouchard won the game but we can't determine if she lost the game by more than 3.5 games....mindboggling i tell you

Your best bet is to wait till either Jeppe, Marco or Stubbe reply and see if they can help you out. Since it's the weekend they might not be available until Monday.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Hi @Flashy and welcome to the community :)

I'm afraid I have to confirm what @AndreiBN and my colleague explained. The bet it settled correctly as voided. The reason is simply that the bet wasn't determined at the time the match ended. Even though the chance of Kerber doing a comeback in that scenario is so small, there is still a chance that you could end up losing your bet, if the whole match was played. E.g. if you have placed a bet on Bouchard +1.5 sets, you would've won the bet, as there was no way Kerber could've won the match by two sets.

I totally understand if you feel it's unfair, now that Bouchard was so close to win the match before Kerber retired (she was probably going to win the match anyway), but we can't settle a bet like this as won unless there's no chance at all of losing it. If we decided to settle your bet as won and the Kerber -3.5 line as lost, we would have some trouble giving an explanation to all the punters who had a bet on Kerber -3.5 games, since we would be saying that there's 0% chance of Kerber making a comeback before she retired.

Former community moderator

Hi @MarcoV,

thanks for the explanation.

I understand it's a difficult case but for me, it's just the fact that by the rules bouchard won the game.

Since all these are algorithms, in the current circumstance there is no mathematical way that bouchard wins the game and the bet is lost.

ex: the worst case scenario for this bet is kerber coming back from 0-5, wins second set 7-5 and then loses third set by the minimal margin 6-7...

Even in this sci fi scenario the bet is still a win.

so for me, when we say the outcome cannot be determined, it means that there would be a scenario where the bet loses,  and that is not the case here.

thanks again

@Flashy

But if Kerber comes back and wins the 2nd set with 7-5 ,there is a chance ( even if it's 0.1 % ) that Kerber can win the 3rd one with 6-0 and in that case your bet would have been lost.This is the worst case scenario.

"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"

Good point, @Flashy. It may seem a bit weird that you would've won if you just placed a normal "match" bet (Bouchard to win), but you end up getting a + handicap bet voided.

The thing is that if Kerber ended up winning the second set 7-5 and the 3rd set 6-0, your bet would've been lost. Again, the chance of this happening is so small but we can't just exclude the tiny possibility of Kerber making such a comeback if the match was played till the end.

@MarcoV@AndreiBN

As i've said my point is based on the fact that in reality kerber retired.

your scenario is based on an assumption that would change the actual outcome of the game.

that's why i have a hard time accepting it:)

if that would be the case, why did he officials allow bouchard to go through in the tournament?

. Well because her opponent retired and she has won the game. That should be the starting point when you analyse his issue!!

But i get it that a logical point might be hard to incorporate in the t&c

There's a difference between betting on a match winner and betting on handicap, as you would have won the bet if it was Bouchard to win without any game handicap - that's also why I mentioned it may seem a bit weird that you end up losing this one, since there was a actually bigger chance of winning the handicap bet (before the match started) compared to betting on the winner of the match.

If you bet on handicap (or over/under number of sets), the bet itself has to be determined at the time a player retires. We can't just settle your bet on +3.5 as won and then void the bet on Kerber -3.5. It has to be either won/loss or void.

Well that's actually what you should do as kerber-3,5 should be a clear loss in this particular case where she is way behind in the game as she abandons.

Or just deem all handicap bets as void in case of abandoned games, as house rules, and nobody would  be complaining.

either i think i've made my points quite clear. If your system can't decide an event like this, i would say there is clearly a programming problem with it.

Have a nice day.

Archived