Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

Almost been a month without a post in the thread, so it's about time I get going again. The Bundesliga is finally back on Friday at 20:30 with the match between Freiburg and Bayern.

Before Christmas I posted a bet on Eintracht Frankfurt to win against Leipzig. At the time the odds was 5.75, and I thought the odds would decrease slightly in the following weeks. The opposite happened, and I'm now sitting with a shitty bet - luckily this doesn't happen very often; I believe it's only the third time I've gotten my odds movement prediction wrong, in this thread.

I've got one more bet for the first round of 2017:

Werder Bremen vs Borussia Dortmund - AH Dortmund -1.5 - Odds 2.43 :cash:

I'll be keeping a close eye on the odds on Ingolstadt to win against Schalke, as I believe the odds will get close to 5.1-5.3, as we get closer to kickoff (decent value). 

• Like 4

Despite not expecting a lot from Schalke in the weekend - as mentioned in the previous post I'm considering a bet on Ingolstadt - I see a bit of value in Avdijaj to score. He's been great in the 44 minutes he's played in the Bundesliga (3 shots on goal, 1 goal), and he did great in the first friendly game this year. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.f6fffc397f1a0a15966d5da37bdc87c0.PNG

Huntelaar, Embolo and Di Santo are all out with injuries and there's a chance Choupo-Moting won't play. Burgstaller (came from Nürnberg this winter), Reese and Kono are also candidates for the starting 11, so there's a good chance the bet will be voided.

Schalke 04 vs FC Ingolstadt - AG: Avdijaj - Odds 3.40 :Cash:

• Like 1

Great day yesterday with +8 units. A shame with both Dortmund and Frankfurt (Hradecky surely takes home the medal for the most stupid red card of the season).

A bet for the next round:

Schalke 04 vs Eintracht Frankfurt - Under 2.5 goals - Odds 1.75 :cash:

• Like 3

Starting this week I'll be posting one odds 20+ bet each week (always a single). These bets won't always have value, and I'll only put 0.25 unit on each. Betting on something that doesn't necessarily have value is against the concept of the blog, but I feel there's a need for an occasional bet for the punter who prefers a higher risk and potential reward :)

The first bet is:

Schalke 04 vs Eintracht Frankfurt - Scorecast: 1-0 and Burgstaller - Odds 23

• Like 5

Just ordered a green screen for our betting picks setup. I hope it'll arrive Thursday or Friday so we can post a video this week. This time it'll be a recording but next week I might try with a live stream, depending on the feedback on the first video we do :)

Is there anything in particular you think it'd be interesting to hear about in the video (preferably betting related)? - other than where we think there's value and why. Up for talking about anything; our preferred bet types, best betting moments, explanation of bet types, winter transfers in the Bundesliga etc. etc. 

• Like 2

Looking forward for the video guys :D @testuser1 @MarcoV

Here are some (stupid) questions from me :

1.Do you belive that you betting can be a "full-time job"" ?

2.What's like the "O.K." BR to start if you wanna keep betting strictely as a hobby?

3.Did you ever got so drunk that you came back home and start betting? And had a nice surprise next day winning a lot? ( Most cases you lose everything,but maybe there are also stories with a happy end ) :)

4.Are you affraid of betting on something else that you are used to? 

5.Do you follow other picks,if they are not related to your favourite sport?

I'll come up with more :D

• Like 4
"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"

Would be nice to hear more infos about staff members of the teams in Bundesliga and how are they approaching the games(differences between playing at home/ away, mentality, trainning...), maybe some conflicts between managers; also(except the things you mentioned), like @AndreiBN I'm interested in your bankroll management strategy, maybe some stories about how you guys had ups and downs; maybe some moments you remember where you had lots of luck or you were damn unlucky...

• Like 2
You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

About the content I'm at 17 minutes so far and I love it 🆒

This kind of information I'm looking for and it's clear to me that you watch lots of games from Bundesliga and you know a looooot about football and how to pick value bets too :)

*Update

Done now, I learned a few things about Handball too, thanks @MarcoV

Keep up the good work and bring us more videos like that in the future :)

• Like 2
You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

Looks nice! I scanned through it quickly without sound (will watch tomorrow with sound) and one thing you could improve is that you could sometimes switch to a close up on you guys while talking just for some variation. And maybe zoom in on the bets when it updates.

But great idea, this can be great!

• Like 1
The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.
-Eldridge Cleaver

And the first bet has been won. Dolenec scored five goals in the first half. Well done @MarcoV :)

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys :) 

I'm not really able to adjust the volume, without affecting the quality. Note to self:  probably a good idea to test this before recording :)

I haven't really decided if I want to do more videos, but both Marco and I had fun doing the recording, so I don't think it'll be the last time we do this. The setup is very homemade, and I need to get some proper software (Used my streaming software for this recording). In the future I think I'll just do some simple recordings/streams sitting in front of my laptop, as it takes a bit of time setting up the green screen etc.  Depending on how it goes with these, I might set up a proper studio at home, so we can do some more professional ones as well :)

• Like 6