AndreiBN's betting thread

AndreiBN

Australian Open : Day 3 - 18.01.2017

1.Malek Jaziri - Alexander Bublik - 2 @2.60 on Unibet ( ATP - Australian Open - Melbourne - 01:00 CET) After watching Bublik in the first round against Pouilee,it's impossible not to give him a shot in this match.Not really sure if Lucas was having a bad day,or it was just Bublik's tennis,but what a tennis it was!!Seemed like he is just having fun on court,really missed a player doing this,playing at it best,amazing beautiful shots,drop shots,depth,anything you want,you name it,and Bublik will deliver.Hope it wasn't just a one time thing from him,and i'm looking forward to his performance tonight.Easy first round for Jaziri against Soeda,finished pretty quick,in 3 sets and this will be the real test for him at this edition of Australian Open

2.Varvara Lepchenko - Ying Ying Duan - 2 @1.90 on Unibet ( WTA - Australian Open - Melbourne - 01:00 CET)  Not far from like 10 days ago,Duan managed to defeat Lepchenko in straight sets in Sydney.And i think it will happen again.Wasn't very convinced after the match Varvara had against the dutch lady ,Bertens, because she got a lot of luck that time and ,even tho she won with 2-0,for me wasn't really deserved,but this is tennis.On the other hand,Duan did had a very good performance agains talented Sramkova in the first round,and i think she will continue on this path,at least until the next round.

3.Alison Riske - Shuai Zhang - 2 @1.80 on Unibet ( WTA - Australian Open - Melbourne - 01:00 CET) A very interesting encounter tonight ,but i only see Zhang winning here.Riske is a player with big problems with her own serve and this will turn out to be a great advantage for Shuai,as she will probably manage to get some breaks to help her finishing the sets .Confident,powerfull,very good court moving for the chinese lady ,so i'm expecting to watch some quality tennis from them.

4.Jelena Jankovic - Julia Goerges - 2 @1.70 on Unibet ( WTA - Australian Open - Melbourne - 03:00 CET) This is more like a sentimental bet from me,because Goerges is one of my favourite players in WTA circuit.I do belive that she deserves to be at least in top 20 with her qualities,and i do hope that this year would be her year.She had a goost start and will be very happy to see her as far as possible in this Grand Slam.Bookies see Jancovic as an underdog here,but for sure she will not give up easily.A lot of exeperience for her,she had seen it all,so i will definately don't wanna miss this one tonight.Still belive that Jelena could play at least a couple of years ,and still to be at least in top 50.

5.Kristyna Pliskova - Irina Camelia Begu - 2 @1.90 on Unibet ( WTA - Australian Open - Melbourne - 04:00 CET)  I belive that Begu is slightly getting back on track ,after she didn't play so much lately,and when she did,nothing good happened.She's a very determined player,string one and she's capabale of great comebacks.I see Pliskova kicking off strong tonight,and she might even take the first set,but not able of keeping up in the next ones with Begu. Possible a 3 sets match here ,with a long final one.

6.Alex De Minaur - Sam Querrey - 1 @4.00 on Unibet ( ATP - Australian Open - Melbourne - 06:00 CET) Keep saying that this player,De Minaur,is one to follow up closely in the future years.He has huge potential and if he will continue to practice as he is doing now,in 2-3 years i could see him without any problem in top 10.Very impressed also by how strng mental he is as such an early age and how he managed to focus in the extremply important points of a match.This are rare qualities nowadays and for thiss odds on him,for sure it's worth placing a bet on Alex.He loves the crowd,crowd loves him in Australia,so for sure we'll have a exciting game to watch early in the morning CET.

"Double-up" Tip of the day : Combine 2 bets = Odds @2.31 on Unibet :

7.John Isner - Mischa Zverev - 1 @1.41 on Unibet ( ATP - Australian Open - Melbourne - 02:30 CET) Both players managed to get into the second round without to many problems,so this will be the real first test for them.I belive the american will pass it.A couple of months ago,he won against him and from what i recall,was a pretyy easy match for him at that time.I know a Grand Slam is  something completely different,but Isner really likes playing in Australia,feels confident,a full complex set of shots,so i'm almsot sure he will win tonight.

8.Diego Sebastian Schwarztman - Steve Darcis - 1 @1.64 on Unibet ( ATP - Australian Open - Melbourne - 05:30 CET) Great performance by the argentinian in the first round against Cuevas and i really belive in him a lot.Even tho he is really short guy,he has great tennis court movement,great anticipation and clear,depth shots.Darcis is kinda of a rollercoster,he can make great games and the next one to lose them unbelivable easy,so not so sure what to expect from him after i've seen him playing against Groth,which is out of hand for some time now.

Good luck guys and hope you enjoy as much as i do this first Grand Slam of the year ! :)

• Like 10
"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"

@AndreiBN wrote:

Australian Open : Day 3 - 18.01.2017

@2.Varvara Lepchenko - Ying Ying Duan - 2 @1.90 on Unibet ( WTA - Australian Open - Melbourne - 01:00 CET)  Not far from like 10 days ago,Duan managed to defeat Lepchenko in straight sets in Sydney.And i think it will happen again.Wasn't very convinced after the match Varvara had against the dutch lady ,Bertens, because she got a lot of luck that time and ,even tho she won with 2-0,for me wasn't really deserved,but this is tennis.On the other hand,Duan did had a very good performance agains talented Sramkova in the first round,and i think she will continue on this path,at least until the next round.

@2.Varvara Lepchenko - Ying Ying Duan - 2 @1.90 on Unibet ( WTA - Australian Open - Melbourne - 01:00 CET) Final result 1-2 ( 1-6 ; 6-3 ; 8-10 ) BET - WON

• Like 4

Querrey was too good after the rubbish first set, better than anytime in the last 6 months. But about De Minaur, man if you loose to Querrey 0-6, 1-6, maybe better to forget everything about tennis and retire. That`s shame, doesnt matter the age. 

Let`s see Khachanov now, i think he can have a set. 

• Like 1

First day i was on fire, but after that.... How on earth Isner lose to Zverev?? Why Bublik doesnt even get one set with Jaziri??? To be honest i like tennis of Jaziri, his strokes/movement but he is always so out of shape that you can't treat him seriously. Minotaur with Querrey should also make at least one set. I made some money on Seppi (but at the end i bet some on Kyrgios too), but still i was unlucky in two fold with him and with Harrison (i had also 3fold Bublik/Seppi/Harrison, that would be like 60 odd). Also Estrella one set was pretty good bet, since i even thought he can beat him, some unlucky balls in two tiebreaks and thats it. Pretty much Harrison is in form of his life and he isnt taking not even one set from pretty ordinarly (as always lol) playing Berdych (i make the prediction that he will be out before quarters). What i have seen if Harrison closed that unlucky 2nd set he could have shot for a win, instead he immediately folded. Mental monkey as always. Im also dissapointed in Rubin, that he didnt take many chances to win one or two sets with Federer. Oh and i didnt bet on Evans win 😠, only that he take one set. Strange cause he is in form of his life and Cilic looked pretty bad against Janowicz. I dont know i thought he would be tired or something. 

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Australian Open : Day 4 - 19.01.2017.Having a cold/flu so not really able to write some analysis,but will do tomorrow if i will feel better :)

1.Pablo Carreno Busta - Kyle Edmund - 2 @1.80 on Unibet ( ATP - Australian Open - Melbourne - 01:00 CET)

2.Donald Young - Philipp Kohlschreiber - 1 @3.00 on Unibet ( ATP - Australian Open - Melbourne - 01:00 CET)

3.Sara Errani - Ekaterina Makarova - 1 @3.20 on Unibet ( WTA - Australian Open - Melbourne - 01:00 CET)

4.Ivo Karlovic - Andrew Whittinghton - 2 @3.50 on Unibet ( ATP - Australian Open - Melbourne - 06:00 CET)

5.Benoit Paire - Fabio Fognini - 2 @1.70 on Unibet ( ATP - Australian Open - Melbourne - 06:00 CET)

6.Daria Gavrilova - Ana Konjuh - 2 @2.00 on Unibet ( WTA - Australian Open - Melbourne - 08:30 CET)

"Double-up" Tip of the day : Combine 2 bets = Odds @2.39 on Unibet :

7.Jelena Ostapenko - Yulia Putintseva - 1 @1.57 on Unibet ( WTA - Australian Open - Melbourne - 01:00 CET)

8.Jennifer Brady - Heather Watson - 2 @1.52 on Unibet ( WTA - Australian Open - Melbourne - 03:00 CET)

• Like 2

Ivo Karlovic will win easily. Either 3-0 or 3-1. 

• Like 1
I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

The world number one doubles is out, Murray and Soares choking again :laugh: Soares served very badly in the tiebreak, and Young closed it out with a fantastic passing shot. They (Querrey and him) might have a good run. I have two things in my mind:

- after Querrey`s performance yesterday, and after Murray/Soares lost against a challenger double in Sydney final, why i didnt think to bet on them on odds of 5.00? :wonder: I just checked now the odds, i thought no. 1 is around 1.35, but it was a trap for 1.14 :wow:

- i really love that we can watch all the matches via stream. It is so amazing, we cant really miss a good match. 

• Like 1

Biggest surprise at Australian Open so far :  Novak Djokovic is OUT!!Denis Istomin made the match of his life and managed to send home player no.2 in the world in 5 sets  ( 7-6 ; 5-7 ; 2-6 ; 7-6 ; 6-4 ) .After Cilic yesterday and many other big,unexpected eliminations,this could be the Grand Slam with some of the unpredictable results ever!!!

• Like 8

@AndreiBN wrote:

Biggest surprise at Australian Open so far :  Novak Djokovic is OUT!!Denis Istomin made the match of his life and managed to send home player no.2 in the world in 5 sets  ( 7-6 ; 5-7 ; 2-6 ; 7-6 ; 6-4 ) .After Cilic yesterday and many other big,unexpected eliminations,this could be the Grand Slam with some of the unpredictable results ever!!!

Tomorrow Federer is out as well. Wawrinka maybe next, first round he should be gone already. Nishikori so bad, Nadal has no chance for a GS, so left only Raonic and Murray. I think if Murray concentrate and dont do mistake like in the US Open (the f..ing noise :)) he win easily. And actually he will be number one for the whole year. 

• Like 1

Tough tournament to bet on so far but at least we had some really entertaining encounters and for sure Istomin vs. Djokovic was one of them 🆒

@cris1285 I liked how Nadal played so far this year and he might have a chance here, especially that he has a 17-9 H2H lead against Murray, Raonic has a big chance too... At girls, I also think Pliskova played so far the best tennis but you never know the winner from WTA, Konta played well also, Wozniacki too(will be interesting match to see between Konta and Wozniacki), Kerber and Serena are still here- at Doubles we had so many upsets that I don't want to say anything...

Good luck all with your bets and enjoy the tournament :)

• Like 2
You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

@BillyR23 wrote:

Tough tournament to bet on so far but at least we had some really entertaining encounters and for sure Istomin vs. Djokovic was one of them 🆒

@cris1285 I liked how Nadal played so far this year and he might have a chance here, especially that he has a 17-9 H2H lead against Murray, Raonic has a big chance too... At girls, I also think Pliskova played so far the best tennis but you never know the winner from WTA, Konta played well also, Wozniacki too(will be interesting match to see between Konta and Wozniacki), Kerber and Serena are still here- at Doubles we had so many upsets that I don't want to say anything...

Good luck all with your bets and enjoy the tournament :)

Nadal had a good start, but he can get out so easily from his comfortzone recently. Just not confident enough if the opponent playes a high quality tennis. Like Pouille in NY, or Raonic in Sydney, both beat him when they raised their level. Not enough.

Serena is not too bad now, but Kerber is far away from her best. I always tought she is overhyped, let`s see this year if she can hold the no 1 title in this very very weak WTA.

From now on i think Kontinen and Peers can make it again, they played superb at the end of last season, unbeatable. And dont forget, the crowd is with them, since Peers is australian.

C'mon Nadal certainly has a shot at winning since Djoko is out (with Istomin of all people lol never would have guessed it). Naddal look to me focus, his strokes bears resemblance to the old ones and probably he is finally fit (i dont think he was 100% fit in NY). If that is the true odd of 15 on him is value (now is 11). Same with Wawrinka (placed odd 15 now is 7). When he was winning two slams he had always matches when he was a small thread from elimination. He can make four 5sets matches and still win this slam. Raonic, well i dont think he will ever win slam :), but i also placed a bet of him to win since it was 17 odd (now is 7). Most probably Murray will win it though, but betting on him is 0 value for me. With women, how do you think people if there is a small chance that someone outside top 4(for now in slam) will win it? I mean all those odds of over 20. Maybe Svitolina at 21, Timea at 81 :d:D. Muguruza is certainly unpredictable and with 11 on her there is some value. Pliskova is 5 and she looked great so far, but Serena or Kerber can sleepwalk through slam and still won it. 

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Australian Open :  Day 5 : 20.01.2017

1.Eugenie Bouchard - Coco Vandeweghe - 1 @1.70 on Unibet ( WTA - Australian Open - Melbounre - 01:00 CET) Genie looks like she's back of track this start of the season.I've seen some really nice performances from her so far,and i think she will continue them as well tonight.None of the players have lost any set by now in this edition of Australian Open and it will be an interesting encounter for sure.Happy to see that Bouchard has much more precision with the long shots,they are very strong and have depth and i've seen some improvements in her serve as well,so i strongly belive in this bet for tonight.

2.Steve Darcis - Andreas Seppi - 2 @1.70 on Unibet ( ATP - Australian Open - Melbourne - 02:30 CET) So much calm and confidence showned by Seppi in the thriller against Kyrgios,that makes me belive he can win tonight.Don't see a 5 sets match here,even tho Darcis like to live on the edge sometimes.Not a big fan of the belgian player,due to his lack of consintancy.But i must admit,he is a very talented player and think this match should have more even odds.

3.Bernard Tomic - Daniel Evans - 1 @1.80 on Unibet ( ATP - Australian Open - Melbourne - 06:00 CET) If it wasn't for the biggest surprise at Australian Open ( elimination of Djokovic in round 2 by a player outside top 100 ) for sure Evans would have still been the talk of the town after the send home Marin Cilic.All that story about the sponsor leaving him and the fact that he had to play with a plain €15 t-shirt on non-branded,made him like the Cinderella of the AO.But he will have to face a not so welcoming crowd tonight,as he is playing against one of them.Tomic didn't impressed so much against Estrella,but i'm sure he will do better now.

4.Sorana Cirstea - Alison Riske - 1 @2.60 on Unibet ( WTA - Australian Open - Melbourne - 06:00 CET) Sorana is a very pleasant surprise so far at this edition of Australian Open and she's in a great form from the beginning of the season.Lots of confidence,much more motivation and of course a well improved serve.And i think this will be the key to this match.Riske has huge problems when serving and if she will not be capable of winning them back,we will see a short match tonight.

5.Ashleigh  Barty - Mona Barthel - 2 @2.10 on Unibet ( WTA - Australian Open - Melbourne - 09:00 CET) Came out of nowhere this Barty and even tho she eliminated Rogers ( the one that send home Halep) don't see her standing any change in front of Barthel.Much more experienced,better player  in my opinion,the german lady will have an easy won tonight,even if the bookies consider her an underdog,this is one bet that i will use for some combos.

6.Anastasija Sevastova - Garbine Muguruza - 1 @3.50 on Unibet ( WTA - Australian Open - Melbourne - 11:00 CET) In the last Grand Slam of 2016 ( US Open ) Sevastova send her Muguruza in 2 straight sets and i fell like this scenario will happen again in Australia tomorrow morning.I like Muguruza,she is a special player,but she's definately not in her best form at the moment ,and i really feel like she needs more time to recover entirely.

"Double-up" Tip of the day : Combine 2 bets = Odds @2.35 on Unibet :

7.Elina Svitolina - Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova - 1 @1.50 on Unibet ( Australian Open - Melbourne - 01:00 CET ) The ukrainian is playing such a good tennis and i see her soon in top 10.Even in this edition of AO i can see her all the way through the semifinals ( why not? ) It's not gonna be an easy match for her,that's for sure,but in the end she will claim the victory.

8.Jo-Wilfried Tsonga - Jack Sock - 1 @1.57 on Unibet ( ATP - Australian Open - Melbourne - 02:30 CET) Will wanna watch this match for sure.It's gonna be very entertaining as both players like to take risks and play also for the crowd.The french man is very spectacular ,especially in the Grand Slams and my bet is that he will have a word to say at this edition of Australian Open ,even if not so many give him chances,but let me predict that he will go at leats into the semifinals in the men's single event :)

• Like 4

Like your Svitolina pick @AndreiBN (and also Svitolina :inlove:), IMO there is a great value. 

There is more story about Evans vs Tomic. 3 years ago they suppose to train together, but Tomic`s father said Evans not good enough for his son for hitting. Than the next tournament, in the US Open the british eliminate Tomic 🤣 To be honest, i hope he can carry on this great permormance. I remember 1,5 year ago i was betting on him while playing in futures tournament... Big turnaround, and he is really playing so well. Never gives up. He said hopefully the dark time is over, because even tho he was in top form last summer, he was very disappointed to loose against Wawrinka where he had matchpoint. Also his supplier left him, now he had to go to the nearest shop to buy 20 shirts and shorts - crazy :) 

Hmm, Barty is a very talented player and much more consistent than Barthel, im still thinking to place a bet on her. 

What i bet is Wawrinka 3-0, Mischa Zverev, Berdych-Federer 3,5 set over, Svitolina, and still thinking on Barty and Querrey-Murray some game over. I just refilled my coffee and energydrink on my "support" shelf, so ready for the third round :Cheeky:

• Like 1

@AndreiBN wrote:

@2.Steve Darcis - Andreas Seppi - 2 @1.70 on Unibet ( ATP - Australian Open - Melbourne - 02:30 CET) So much calm and confidence showned by Seppi in the thriller against Kyrgios,that makes me belive he can win tonight.Don't see a 5 sets match here,even tho Darcis like to live on the edge sometimes.Not a big fan of the belgian player,due to his lack of consintancy.But i must admit,he is a very talented player and think this match should have more even odds.

@2.Steve Darcis - Andreas Seppi - 2 @1.70 on Unibet ( ATP - Australian Open - Melbourne - 02:30 CET ) Final result 1-3 ( 6-4 ; 4-6 ; 6-7 ; 6-7 ) BET - WON

• Like 2

@AndreiBN wrote:

@8.Jo-Wilfried Tsonga - Jack Sock - 1 @1.57 on Unibet ( ATP - Australian Open - Melbourne - 02:30 CET) Will wanna watch this match for sure.It's gonna be very entertaining as both players like to take risks and play also for the crowd.The french man is very spectacular ,especially in the Grand Slams and my bet is that he will have a word to say at this edition of Australian Open ,even if not so many give him chances,but let me predict that he will go at leats into the semifinals in the men's single event :)

@8.Jo-Wilfried Tsonga - Jack Sock - 1 @1.57 on Unibet ( ATP - Australian Open - Melbourne - 02:30 CET) Final result 3-1 ( 7-6 ; 7-5 ; 6-7 ; 6-3 ) BET - WON 

• Like 4

Pfff, i needed one more game on Murray-Querrey. 4-4 30-30, find that point later on the internet, if you didnt see. Murray was already on his knees, but still managed to win the point, and close it out 6-4 in the third. Amazing point, but my bet lost, one game shy. I placed it for the "1.4 promotion", the line one lower was only 1.39 :speechless:

• Like 1

@AndreiBN wrote:

@4.Sorana Cirstea - Alison Riske - 1 @2.60 on Unibet ( WTA - Australian Open - Melbourne - 06:00 CET) Sorana is a very pleasant surprise so far at this edition of Australian Open and she's in a great form from the beginning of the season.Lots of confidence,much more motivation and of course a well improved serve.And i think this will be the key to this match.Riske has huge problems when serving and if she will not be capable of winning them back,we will see a short match tonight.

@4.Sorana Cirstea - Alison Riske - 1 @2.60 on Unibet ( WTA - Australian Open - Melbourne - 06:00 CET) Final result 2-0 ( 6-2 ; 7-6 ) BET - WON

• Like 6