Unsettled bet - Inefficient customer support

AndreiBN
Go to solution Solved by RayL,

Hi @RayL , @JeppeL 

I have a pending bet for over 30 hours now. The bet was placed on a live tennis match, friday morning at 5 AM CEST. The match was played and won both of my selection , but only one of them is settled as a winner, the other one being pending . Below is scrrenshot of the bet together with the match result ( which os fairly easy to find , by anyone, expect for your traders apparently ) :

Capture1.PNG.6222a22ae064373bfa5372e52cac33f3.PNGCapture.PNG.b18caddc002f3518dc7b5cd726485fcc.PNG

As a fun fact, in the meantime , Eudice Chong/Sutjiadi A. won also the next match scheduled for today and won the torunament :)

Having to wait for so long for a bet to be settled , thought myself to give a chance to the customer support. Like always, an extremly bad idea.

After asking for the cupon ID and "checking" the bet, tthe live customer support agent came with his own assumptions regarding my bet :

1. That the tennis match in question was canceled.

2 That will have to wait for 12 hours ( even tho is has been over 30 hours the moment i contacted him )

3. That most likely the bet will be be voided and i will get the odds @1.00 for this bet.

Had to explain to him that none of that was true , so he did was he was supposed to do from the beginning: pass my request to the relevant department for "further checkings".And told me that i will get an email in maximum 2-3 hours with the "final decision" 🤣 .

And in case i don't hear from Unibet in 2-3 hours time , i shoud contact them again. What kind of support is this??? How can you advise a customer to come back if you are not capable of handling such an easy task? So me, as a customer , should i just waste my time and just contact you over and over again? What is his job then?

Of course 3 hours passed and the bet is stil pending , no e-mails what so ever from Unibet , etc.

When i contact customer support i am doing that because i need a problem to be solved. I do NOT need a customer agent assumptions. If he is not capable of checking a simple fact , why would he give this kind of info. If a new customer , or someone who is not very good at checking results from a third party went for customer support and got this kind of info from a customer support agent , he will just be very confused and for sure not getting his problem solved. 

I use Unibet's customer support on a very rare occasion , as this is an exemple why. Of course the community is at a different level and the guys here are amazing ib fixing these kind of things, but the problem is that they can not be always "online". They have days off, other things to do , etc. So in these situations you have no alternative than to wait for ever of contact customer support ( which is kinda the same thing ) , but comes with an extra head ache. Again, so disappointed in that department....

• Like 3
"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"

@FunckyFish wrote:

@AndreiBN 

It's a known fact that RO support for Unibet is useless ... Our luck is Ray and Jeppe who can help in this situations

Very strange that the match didn't settled auto...if it's live, all tennis matches are settled like this. 

@FunckyFish ,

Only after my 2nd attempt today with Live Support, the bet was finally settled. It took about 40 hours to settle a match which was extremly easy to find the result for.

The same guy in the Live Support mentioned that maybe there isn't an official result yet, so that's why they are still investigating the case 🤣

Had to explain to him that ITF website ( where the screenshot caption is ) IS the official website in this case, as they have under thier umbrella all the ITF tournaments. 

So for me still a huge question mark to what the traders ( Kambi ) explanations are? The game was not delayed due to bad weather, it started as it should , the result were posted online in time, but still , Unibet's trader were still investigating 🤣 . The team i made the bet played the final in the meantime and went home with the throphy , but Unibet was not able to check the semi final results .Took them over 40 hours . What a joke. To have some money blocked so long , due to the incompetence of some employees. And i strongly belive that Unibet should ask Kambi ( betting platform provider ) to clear things up , and the Unibet brand is the one taking a bad review in these cases...

• Like 1

Like menitoned in community, unibet has made desicion to hire more customer service oriented people rather ones that has actually know something of igaming so i guess this is what you get. But like you said, that is quite unacceptable that cs is giving own opinions why bet ain't settle rather actually knowing what is the reason or just sending straight to sportsteam. Not like that :dissatisfied:

• Like 2

Heya guys, @AndreiBN, @FunckyFish, @Livertool.
Sorry for the hassle regarding your bet first of all @AndreiBN, After I've raised the case in Friday afternoon, a first update arrived at 22:21 with the mention "Waiting for 3rd party provider". Not sure where to draw the line here with my colleagues assumption as I'm fairly sure that he based his comment on the case mentioned above but it was definitely a mistake to communicate it as a personal assumption.
In any case Andrei, there's no doubt that there was a lag or an error within the communication with our provider, that much is clear and we apologize for it :happyshy:. I'll look into the chat log as well and contact our colleague personally as well to avoid further communication mishaps in the future. A confirmation that the bet was settled was received 03/Aug/19 14:33 in the meantime, so at least I can happily say that even though late, the bet has been settled.

Sorry again for having to wait.

/Ray

Former Community Moderator

Thank for your input @RayL  ,

Kinda pointless now , but i just wanna mention a few things , which , in my opinion , are wrong, false and makes Unibet looking bad.

1. The match was played and completed around 06:00 AM on Friday 02/08 . So receiving an update at 22:21 from the sports traders with : "Waiting for 3rd party provider" shows their incompetence and ignorance towards settling a bet after a case was raised by you. At 22:21 the match was completed for over 16 hours and on ALL specific sites the result was posted. Including on ITF website , which is the OFFICIAL provider in these cases. So the official resut was out there for anyone , just few clicks away long time before the update you received. 

It's really bad from your side ( my bet was made on Unibet , so to me as a customer , should not really care too much about your errors with your provider , etc . ) to have some money blocked , which can not be used to place other bets. And i'm not talking about 2-3 hours, i'm talking about around 40 hours , and i repet myself, on a bet which result was posted on all the spefic channels and was available for your traders.

2. Please do check the chat logs and see how the customer support agent pointed out , many times , that i will be notified via email as soon as they receive a response. Not even today , after the bet was finally settled and 2 more days passed did i get a single confirmation or apologies from Unibet whatsoever. Again, i'm sure i will get that :" there has been some technical issues when sending the email " and bla bla, but i got that so many times now that i don't even have a reaction when a customer support agent tells me that i will be informed as soon as possible. 

He , at some point , asked me , on a rude note , where do i come with those 40 hours since the bet was not been settled, pointing out to me that the bet was made at 05:00 AM and i contacted him in the afternoon. He did not even realise that the bet was made a day before and after i told him , he did not even apologies or anything and kept saying to be patience and that he will send me a confirmation email :Puking:

• Like 2

• Solution

I can't say I disagree with your point of view of this particular case @AndreiBN , at least not with all of it. I think it's important to have a quality Customer Service experience and I also think that processes, settlements, verifications, basically everything that goes from point A to point B within our company needs to be smoother than butter. Which is why I'd dissect this in 2 sections. Number one, is the obvious lag, mistake, error in communication, of the provider in settling this bet and keeping it pending more than it should have been. I mean, I've seen it happen before and it can happen again although it's not a day to day occurrence but that doesn't it make it right, and we're not "sweeping it under the rug". There's constant development going on in the background to have this as fluent as possible. Long story short :happy:, sorry you had to wait up to 40 hours for the money.

Second aspect and the one that I believe was the catalyst of this post is the communication with our agent in which multiple things were not as professional as we would like them to be. I've pulled both chats and am having a close look at how we can improve that for the future for you guys to avoid any hassle and provide a better Customer Service experience.

Thanks for reporting it and apologies again for the late settlement. 

/Ray

Former Community Moderator