Match format changed, bet still valid...

RaduPhantom
Go to solution Solved by RayL,

Coupon ID 2142430898

Coupon ID 2142421396

2019-09-29_11h44_43.png.fb07ba75c90c28148997a5beb3a9edf3.png

A dota match that was scheduled as a best of 3 (like all the matches in the tournament) got delayed for a couple of hours and when it finally started, the format was changed to bo1 because the teams had another tournament to play soon after that. I waited for hours for the bet to be settled thinking it would be cancelled, but it just went through anyway and I lost. If I knew it would be a bo1 I would have bet a smaller amount (or none at all) since it's riskier. Is this decision to transform the bet from best of 3 to best of 1 normal for this site or just an error? Other sites I bet on would void the bet when this happened.

Edit: I found a few paragraphs in sport rules on unibet which state that a bet is void if the format is changed (in winter sports, in football regulat time change, in tennis boX changes...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hi @RaduPhantom and welcome to the Community.
My apologies for keeping you waiting with a response, your post flew under my radar unfortunately 😞, I've reached out to our traders regarding an explanation over the settlement of your bet and below in the spoiler I've attached the terms that apply. Unfortunately based on these terms, the settlement is correct:

Terms and Conditions E.2.c.ii 

(ii) Series
Outcome
• Bet refers to the aggregate result deriving from any combination of consecutive
matches/series valid for the same round/stage played between the same participants
within the same tournament.
• The first scheduled Map in all matches included in the series must start for betsto
stand.
• The first official decision on the outcome of the offer issued by the governing
association within 36 hours of match completion/abandonment will be the deciding
factor for the settlement of the bets including but not limited to any decisions involving
disqualifications, withdrawals, concessions, etc., which will be taken into account for
settlement purposes

/Ray

Former Community Moderator