Euro 2020 outrights

RegularFries

Yesterday, Unibet cancelled my outright bet placed in March 2019 due to current events and refunded the stake.

I understand the event has been rescheduled for 2021.

My concern is the bet was placed before my selection qualified and the price has halved.

Are Unibet refunding bets placed on teams that failed to qualify? If not my view is the bet should stand until the competition takes place in 2021 or they should be refunding more than just the stake.

Had anyone else experienced this situation and not satisfied with the actions of Unibet?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I placed a bet on the euros outright on England at 9/1. The bet was pre qualification of any nation other than the holders.

Subsequently, England qualified and the price halved. 

Unibet have voided my bet and refunded the stake only.

My issue is the competion has been postponed and will proceed at a future date. 

If my bet is voided as just the stake then all bets should be refunded including those placed on teams who failed to qualify.

• Like 1

Thanks for clarification @RegularFries, I'll send the question forward.

I doubt the ones that have been lost before would (or should) be settled at 1 (voided) since they lost before any changes happened.  But lets wait what the official word is. :) 

Thanks. I agree that non qualifiers are unlikely (or should be) refunded but I hope my point is understood that with the price halfing, the least Unibet should be doing is offer a cash out or allow the bet to stand untill the competition eventually takes place. Otherwise they opened a market which has been settled without risk.

• 3 weeks later...