promo May : only good for multitabling regs

wwaanneess

Hi Unibet

First of all, great work on earlier promo's & current rakeback! Really like it before that the pie was always divided to all players in the pool & not only to the top! Keep that up please!!!

Sadly the current promo spring bootcamp is good for nl25 & nl50 players who play every day 8 to 10 tables at once.

@DaVitsche has tried it earlier in his personal stream to grind his way through the top of the leaderboard on nl10 & it was quickly clear that it was simply impossible to get anywhere deep.

Now I see the pricepool is incredibly steep; only top 30 gets paid in first three weeks (& top 50 in last week). That makes it even more impossible for a 'normal' recreational player who plays once in a while after his job hours.

Once again, I think Unibet is a great site & I will always stay loyal to it even if it's once in a while a promo I don't like, because I think its mentality & customer service are incredibly cool!

I kinda disagree.

The grind that we undertook that week was kinda timed wrong because it was double prizepool that week. Our reward was still pretty good considering the stake we grinded on. We got 12? Buy-Ins for the stake we played on, not so sure how much extra rakeback that was, but it was pretty high.

You have to look at the rewards in relation to the stake that you're playing and the rake that you generate during that week.

It is, however, very high variance because straight flushes have such a huge impact. So finishing high will rather rely on hitting a few straight flushes rather than playing a lot, which in turn will increase the straight flush chances. If you play a lot, but don't hit a SF, you're kinda screwed.

The fact that it is limited to 10NL-100NL is actaully awesome for microstakes players. I'm gonna give it a go from week 2 onwards. Too much stuff this week.

We didn't end 12th, we ended 31-35ish, not really sure where. I aimed at top 30, but fell short due to more 400NL players in the race due to double leaderboard prizepool.

Keep in mind that during that race, a 400NL player only had to play a quarter of our volume to get the same amount of points.

I think we earned €120 from that, which is 12 BI's for playing 10NL, so still very nice.

Okay but still, this promo is for players who play a lot.

Other promo's were doable for players like me who like to play 1-2 hours at most on 2-4 tables max (and 3-5 times a week), or at least one of the promo's was. Now the 2 promo's are only for cashgameplayers involving a leaderboard. (So not like moving-on-up, where everybody could get a prize if they did their best)

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@VikingsAF wrote:

Other promo's were doable for players like me who like to play 1-2 hours at most on 2-4 tables max (and 3-5 times a week), or at least one of the promo's was. Now the 2 promo's are only for cashgameplayers involving a leaderboard. (So not like moving-on-up, where everybody could get a prize if they did their best)

In my understanding Unibet is targeting different players with different promotions. Since they can’t run 10 promotions at the same time there will be always months without any interesting promotion for you unless you play all games/all stakes.

True that it shouldn't always be for the same type of player! All games, stakes & volumes should be adressed. But top 30 (& top 50 last week) is very narrow field & I'm pretty sure (i will never know for sure ofcours) that more or less the same players will get most of it every week. But I'll shut up about it now, I had my rant :) + I'm sure this summer the promo's will be better for us recreational amateurs (read fish) :p

I feel as if I'm defending the promo a bit too much :) but you have to look at promo's in a sort of rakeback way.

Say you play a sick 14 hours per day on 8 tables 10NL, you would play around 80*8*14*7=~62k hands. If I estimate it correctly, you generate around 350-400 rake.

You already get some tickets and bonusses, not sure how what that value is though, but say you get a top 30 spot, then that's at least an extra 25% rakeback. If you make it into top 20 (which is doable with this insane grind) then you even get a whopping 50% extra.

It's a very unromantic, but efficient way to approaching those promo's.

This is very different with promo's like Tournament leaderboards etc. where a little rungood is all you need to finish high.

EDIT: we'll do this on week 2 & 3. I'll be aiming for top 10's in both those weeks. If we fail to hit any SF, top 20.

@wwaanneess wrote:

@DaVitsche : with all that Unibet-defending you're like the Negreaunu of Pokerstars: 'More rake is good for the game'

Just kidding ofcours :D Looking forward to watch your future streams from time to time! Keep it up!

LOL, no! Rake is an annoying but necessary evil. I was defending the promotion, because it's a lot better than you think.

Was hoping for some moving on up for cash players. Its not even for the easy way of getting the tickets, but the field is a lot bigger at every start of the 4 weeks of promotion and its really loose play :laugh:. I will focus on the tickets grinding this month and taking more sun maybe 🆒. Looking forward for next month , anyone know whats in store for June?

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@jerry The problem with repeating promotions all the time is that people get used to them and expect them and demand them or get annoyed when they aren't there anymore, so they end up losing their effectiveness. But knowing unibet, there will be plenty sick promotions to come, maybe some repeats, maybe some new ones, a lot of cool stuff :)

Archived