Half a billion tourney (50kGTD)

VikingsAF

Hi guys,

I don't know why this tourney isn't more talked about, but just noticed the half a billion promo. 

Whats it about?

For what I know it ends in a 50k GTD tourney (june 4th) with 100 euro buy in. For now I found 3 satellites (2 freeroll flips with 1 ticket and one 4 euro tourney with 20 tickets ADDED to the first 20 players).

I supose these are going to be held weekly?

Can anyone from the poker/unibet team give some extra info? @Robin-Unibet@DavidP_Unibet@testuser1@JeppeL or @MarcoV

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

thx for pointing this out @VikingsAF 👍

5K starting unl. rebuys for 130mins and a 10K addon.. this is going to be an expensive one :scared:

As fee is on the higher side at high-buyins with 11.11%, I wonder how the unibet policy is on rebuys/addons. Do those include juice as well?!

still excited tho, this could be huge :]

I'm nowhere close to afford this tourney with my bankroll :p

But I will ofcourse try to get some final tickets :p (So for me the fee is nothing that I should worry about)

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

Btw @Tillus I don't think the GTD will be reached ;) so don't know if the fee will matter :) (except when they will keep giving away the tickets at this speed... 36 freeroll flips + 5*20 in the 2k added, and maybe there will come even more) 

@VikingsAF from the informations in the lobby I'm pretty sure this tournament isn't exclusive for "ticket only", so players with a great bankroll won't need to play in the satellites and just buy-in directly... 

For sure I'll try my luck in the flips freerolls and the 4 euro satellites(2k added is an impressive value, thx Unibet ❤️ ), my question is: if we'll have more than one 50k GTD tickets will we be able to rebuy or add-on chips with this tickets?

GL everyone and hopefully many community members will be able to participate in this awesome milestone tournament :)

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

@BillyR23 yes you will be able to rebuy with tickets :) 

But I mean. I know people with the big bankroll can direct buy in, but still... It needs over 500 direct buy-ins/rebuys to reach the gtd ;) 

@Robin-Unibet  @FeelsBadMan

I'm in this exact case:  i bubbled the tournament to win tickets but i guess my luck was back for the flip because i just won a ticket tonight :)

I'm going to Glasgow in june and i really would like to play this tournament but 'ill be busy with UK tour :(

Is there any way to put this tournament a week before or after ?

@Mynona I got an answer about it and it's because there are no good dates to put it on. A week before it's the Unibet Open which would be even worse timing. Maybe the mods can assist with converting the ticket to something else if you're at the UK tour and can't play. Personally I'll see if I can get some good internet there and might skip the live community event if they overlap. If I don't go deep in the main :)

Or you donate it to someone who can play O:) for some % of the money

Hahaha nono, just try to exchange it. 

Hi community members,

We really wanted to do something reaching the Half Billionth Hand milestone and of course we all want to see a big GTD tournament on Unibet!

It's busy times with Unibet Open Copenhagen and the Unibet UK Tour the week after. Initially we planned to run the Half Billionth tournament on the 4th, but after considering your feedback we postponed it tot the 11th June.
It would be nice if anyone ,that like to play, don't see a conflict with our live events and at the same time this gives us some more time to promote.

Hope you all like the idea and will be able to enjoy a shot in this one :)

@Mynona reaching itm should be easier than winning a flip mtt with a gazillion runners, so you're good to go. Although you're obv in at a disadavantage if you plan to not use add-on if you reach that stage, with extra 2xstarting stack for the same moniez. So you might just flip your way to a 2nd ticket - ez game 😉

@Robin-Unibet is it correct that fee of the tourney is gonna be 11.11% on buyin/re-entries/Addons as opposed to 6.38% in the €4-rebuys?

@FreedoM There is the daily flip freeroll running until June 3rd where there's one ticket given away each day, then from late May there'll be added qualifiers along with a proper promotion page on the site, so should be plenty of chances to qualify :)

@boliver88 I'm sure the ticket will be extended automatically, or we'll add a new one for you :)

Former Community Manager

@JeppeL im little confused ...

i found that info in this thread:

"For what I know it ends in a 50k GTD tourney (june 4th) with 100 euro buy in. For now I found 3 satellites (2 freeroll flips with 1 ticket and one 4 euro tourney with 20 tickets ADDED to the first 20 players)."

I dont see any satelites in lobby now, no flips, no 4€ with added tickets.

Veni,Vidi,Vici

Got an e-mail today with details. Sounds good.  However, there are no details of when the package is for so at this stage I don't know if I would be able to go even if I fluke a win.  I assume it's for the WSOP.  Does anyone have any more details?

• 2 weeks later...

I am disappointed at how you guys worked out these qualifying methods for 50k GTD. Imo those freerolls for the 50k GTD should have not existed. I bet there will be players who would join for the lolz and never play the 50k GTD I am 100% sure of that. Some 1 euro flips would have been much more appreciated instead of freerolls. Or Sattelites starting from 1 euros not from 4.40 . I love the idea of this forum , it is very active , why don't we have an opinion to say in this? 😞 

Poker's a day to learn and a lifetime to master. ~Robert Williamson III

Archived