New law introduced in Norway for foreign bookmakers

Dochen

Same situation in my country.

If Unibet has a licence-no problem.

If not and the government wants to give out licences before the deadline starts Unibet will get one- no problem.

If the government wants to protect the market- Unibet will close all the accounts and you will get the money via bank transfer.

In my country is situation two (with some problems) but in other countries with the same legislation the situation three exists.:annoyed:

I expect a short (I will ask the legal team) answer from the guys not before Monday.

I've requested more information about this from our payments team and will post here as soon as they get back to me :)

Have any of the admistrators here more info about this? The new law start today and I tried the Norwegian Live Chat, but there are 18 people before me.. 

Can we make a deposit or not?

Our payment solution remains the same and will not affect our customers in any way. We have merely changed our payment service provider, which we do from time to time in order to improve the customer experience.

In other words - you have no reason not to be calm, as the payment solution has not changed :) Placing a bet in Norway is not illegal and therefore our customers are free to do so. Nor is it illegal to transfer money out of Norway through foreign payment service providers.

Former community moderator

Hi!

I cashed out some bucks on Friday, got aware of the new law-thingy on saturday..

I've yet to recieve anything, so i assume it's been blocked by the bank..

So, what happens now? Are they just floating around somewhere?

I'll recheck tomorrow, but i have my doubts.

:(

edit: Sweet stuff you guys are doing at unibet. What the Norwegian government is doing is kinda against the "EØS" (EU) agreement, so good thing you do your stuff to prevent them to make it through :)

Same situation here, I normally would have received the withdrawed money already, but it still did not arrive in my account. The Unibet employees guaranteed me that I would have my money if I would win and cash out, so if it doesn't I am done with Unibet for good!

Archived