€3,300 special unibet open package

Destroyer666

@LosVegas What information would you like? :) We'd like to help out as much as possible, but the destination hasn't been confirmed as of yet, so where the tournament is taking place is not something I can disclose at the moment :(

@Insideman Unfortunately you can't search a specific thread outside of alt + F for keywords. The package has a main event seat included, which is a NLHE tournament, so you'd have to place that in case of qualification.

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jeppe-Unibet,

5 weeks ago I got this message:
"We thank you in advance for your patience and will be in contact with more information shortly (including travel expenses), so please make sure you check your inbox."

When will I get the details? I would like to buy the flight tickets as soon as I can!

I understand @LosVegas and I'm sorry for the delay, but we're not allowed to communicate any details out until the venue is confirmed(which should be very soon). Say we did publish this ahead of time and the negotiations fell through, we'd have a bunch of players with flight tickets for a destination with no UO.

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

This is an unfortunate situation.  I understand it from Unibets POV as cancelling a UO is bad... but cancelling a UO with 100 flights booked is 100 times worse.  And from the players perspective it's bad as well because who wants to qualify for something when they don't know where it is... there's travel visa's, vacation time needed etc.

Hopefully this works itself out soon.

What is the approx. date for the stop? Late septemeber?

that is 2,5 months from now.. 

- flight prices are increasing every day (I don´t know how much spending money is included in the package, but the later the actual destination is announced the harder it will be to buy tickets that don´t bust the budget.

- people need to plan ahead  

• job
  • studies
  • kids
  • vacation

I hope you can enlighten us about what exactly is taking so long. Its not a few weeks, in fact we are waiting for almost 7 months if I remember correctly.

The pokerrooms/Hotels in .................... are probably trying to squeeze out as much money for their hotel rooms and poker rooms as possible.  🤣 

F___king greedy criminals all over the place in the mysterious 3rd destination :puking:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

750 Euros is ZAR11183 the cheesiest ticket is ZAR14000... 30 hour flight with 2 stops... Phew! I'm sure my Avios will cover the rest. Thanks for the info 

Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !

I want to say I've been extremely impressed by Unibet in the two months I've played here.

However I am very disappointed in this package. At 3000 euros we get a 960 Euro buyin to a rebuy tournament. 750 to travel. Where does the remaining 1290 euros go?

To put this in context I attended a $3500USD package with Bodog a few years ago. That got us All-Inclusive (including ever-refreshing minibar and room service) for 7 nights at a 5 star resort in the Caribbean with all sorts of additional perks. 

As far as I can tell this package affords us (an admittedly very glitzy) bed and breakfast with dinner thrown in? And we are expected to pay 50-70d dollars for each lunch? How much does a drink cost?

We get wifi for free, that would normally cost 80dollars?? Are there any other hidden charges? Towel usage?

@abc12321 wrote:

I want to say I've been extremely impressed by Unibet in the two months I've played here.

However I am very disappointed in this package. At 3000 euros we get a 960 Euro buyin to a rebuy tournament. 750 to travel. Where does the remaining 1290 euros go?

To put this in context I attended a $3500USD package with Bodog a few years ago. That got us All-Inclusive (including ever-refreshing minibar and room service) for 7 nights at a 5 star resort in the Caribbean with all sorts of additional perks. 

As far as I can tell this package affords us (an admittedly very glitzy) bed and breakfast with dinner thrown in? And we are expected to pay 50-70d dollars for each lunch? How much does a drink cost?

We get wifi for free, that would normally cost 80dollars?? Are there any other hidden charges? Towel usage?

Players' party! Heidi Fleiss and Chapo Guzman don't work for free, buddy...🆒

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Sorry, i don't get the Chappo Guzman and Heidi Fleis reference?

Anyway, The Wynn imply that they impose hidden charges ("Become a wynn insider and guarantee no hidden charges!") With this in mind...

"In-room internet on up to 4 devices" is valued at $80 PER NIGHT. So I ask again, what is towel service price? What is room cleaning service, what is air conditioning service?

I love I've the fact I can bring a friend, but how can I invite them when I don't know how much they'll end up spending?

Due to it being a rebuy even the tournament itself requires me to spend almost a €1000 to be in with an even chance of cashing. 

Speaking as a recreational player on a low income then I'm very disappointed this package has been revealed to be a financial liability.

After making players wait months to find out where and when the tournament was even going to be I am very surprised that this is what has been provided. 

A lot of people massively exaggerating and being over dramatic here. Obviously there is no towel charge , relax; the package gives you luxurious room, bed, breakfast and dinner (which i believe is the buffet which is top restaurant quality food), unlimited wifi, time in the gym if you should so wish, unlimited time at an amazing pool (with towels of course) 

Not sure where you get the fact it's a re-entry costs you money. If you make it through to money it benefits you as there's more money in prize pool. 

As regards telling your friends what it could cost.. they should be happy to stay in one of the best hotels on the strip for free with meals included (you can eat a lot at breakfast and it will easily last you till dinner). 

Vegas is an unbelievable experience and I applause unibet for their ambition on this and trying to give their players an experience they'll remember ; as legislatively it will have been very difficult and complicated 

Dw, I'm chill, man.

But IMO it really isn't obvious. Like I say, if the hotel charges $320 for something that would normally be completely free (as wifi has been in every hotel, pub, and bar I've visited in the last decade) and $160 for the gym, one is absolutely entitled to ask what other facilities they charge extra for. It looks like a sweet room, yes, but even on-demand TV you have to pay extra for.

As for cramming my stomach with so much breakfast so that I'm not hungry until dinner, it's not exactly the 5 star experience promised.

Regarding tournament re-buyin, I agree purely pot-odds wise it is similar. However, if one player had 5K and another has 10k the one with 5k is less likely to cash. As a recreational player cashing is realistically the best I can aim for in a 200+ player field.

And unfortunately Unibet say friends are not entitled to dinner (estimated at 50-70USD per night).

Archived