5 seat SNG challenges

Stoned_midgetz

is there a reason why the only challenges on sng's are 'during the first 2 levels of play' (apart from bubble boy). This seems to be extremely unfair as the requirements are quite difficult to hit anyway. limiting them to 2 x 3 minute levels, with the volume of expected occurences of each acheivable requirment seems to be quite harsh. any chance of making it maybe 3 levels, as a lot of sng grinders seem to take longer per decision during the first two levels than later, thus lowering the chance of actually acheiving something. i understand they are a bonus situation, and they are gratefully appreciated, but it seems like it is to force you into playing a higher volume of games to be able to complete these challenges example. i payed in excess of 10 sng's today with no completion on any challenge. the closest i came was being the bubble boy twice, and even that still needed 3 occurences to complete. point is, its good having these targets / goals / challenges but for the small amount of points we are receiving, im beginning to think its not worth the time or effort.

The path of the rightous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

@GotWhatItTakes wrote:

100% agreed. Because of the 2levels only rule, I don´t play the 5max games at the moment. 

In my opionion they take waaaay to long too. Its possible to play more than 40minutes for one single game and that is way too long for me.

@GotWhatItTakesNo, the structure of the SNGs here at Unibet is almost perfect, especially if you compare it to the competition! Top-2 getting paid and 5 guys playing is absolutely the way to go. Here you can reach the heads-up phase being a 1500-8500 underdog and still have a realistic shot at winning. The challenge point system is what's wrong with it. It's just stupid for us to play 35-40 minutes, if we do well in a SNG, yet only the first 6 minutes count for the challenges. I'm saying that for 3.5 months now.

On a positive note, I don't think anybody plays at Unibet for the rake-back, definitely not at our levels. Maybe you should switch to the low-level daily qualifiers or the SE satellites, if you want fast games and challenge points. We do need more players there...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Yeah, maybe you are right.

I hate the fact that you commit yourself to play for almost an hour when you start a session of 5max games.

Of course the 2 levels only is a 100% joke. The argument that it protects recreational players is not valid in my opinion. 

Everyone is around 70bb deep in the beginning, so there is a lot of postflop play and that takes time. Sometimes you only play 1 or 2 hands per level. 

And that is the same for recs and regs. The whole point is that nobody is getting any challenge points what is really disapponiting. 

In heads up games you play way more hands per level because you have just two players and players tend to decide what to do rather quickly.

Furthermore, people openfold or fold to a single raise way more often than in 5max games. Also it would take 4 times longer in a 5max game to be folded to the player in the big blind.

I think, Unibet should change the challenge system - at least - regarding the 5max games. 4 levels would be great, but I don´t think that is gonna happen, so 3 levels might be a compromise. Actually, the best thing would be to just go back to the old rakeback system. But I don´t consider that to be a serious possibility.

Rakeback for guys with around 100k points per quarter is a 100% joke. :-(

What do we end up with? 10%? While the guys with huge point accumalation get up to 70%... 

Did you already start with the SE satellite grind? How´s it going so far?

I didn´t have much time and energy to post in this forum regularly, but maybe it is time to start a serious grind, both on Unibet Poker as well as in this forum? :)

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

@GotWhatItTakes wrote:

Yeah, maybe you are right.

I hate the fact that you commit yourself to play for almost an hour when you start a session of 5max games.

Of course the 2 levels only is a 100% joke. The argument that it protects recreational players is not valid in my opinion. 

Everyone is around 70bb deep in the beginning, so there is a lot of postflop play and that takes time. Sometimes you only play 1 or 2 hands per level. 

And that is the same for recs and regs. The whole point is that nobody is getting any challenge points what is really disapponiting. 

In heads up games you play way more hands per level because you have just two players and players tend to decide what to do rather quickly.

Furthermore, people openfold or fold to a single raise way more often than in 5max games. Also it would take 4 times longer in a 5max game to be folded to the player in the big blind.

I think, Unibet should change the challenge system - at least - regarding the 5max games. 4 levels would be great, but I don´t think that is gonna happen, so 3 levels might be a compromise. Actually, the best thing would be to just go back to the old rakeback system. But I don´t consider that to be a serious possibility.

Rakeback for guys with around 100k points per quarter is a 100% joke. :-(

What do we end up with? 10%? While the guys with huge point accumalation get up to 70%... 

Did you already start with the SE satellite grind? How´s it going so far?

I didn´t have much time and energy to post in this forum regularly, but maybe it is time to start a serious grind, both on Unibet Poker as well as in this forum? :)

Honestly, adjust the points respectively and forget about the levels and let people accumulate challenge points whenever they play, whether it's in level 2 or level 10. If you want, exclude the heads-ups.

Yes, if you are generally in the 85000-120000 points category, Unibet is having its way with you, especially in the 3rd month of the quarter. But like I said, the cash-back here should be considered a bonus, if you want to grind for rakeback, you have to go to ipoker, but I guarantee you, you'll be back in no time...

I'm playing the UOs, the Dailys and the SEs. Dailys and SEs are OK but I start from the ground up, so I'm still at the 1 Euro level. If you play MTTs anyway or if you want to attend the UO/UK and want steady flow of challenge points, I advise you to play the qualifying tournaments. There are 3 SE25 qualifiers running daily, that's 3* 250 points for you. Or if that's too much, you can play at the lower levels.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@GotWhatItTakes If they make it 4 levels they halve the points you get (or double the requirements) , so there will be no change, you will have to play the exact same amount of SNG's to reach a goal. You might make an argument that in levels 3-4 the challanges are easier to complete, okay, then the points will be less than half. They will take the averages that are on the playerpool and design based on that, so it will be the same thing. Might give a bit more satisfaction of completeing steps I guess even if it's for less points. 

One other downside to making it more levels (maybe 3 or 4 is not too much but 10 probably is) is that it decisively influences the game way too much at higher blind levels, as opposed to lower levels where it might make you open of fold a hand but you'll have plenty of blinds to not completely throw your tournament life away for the challenge. 

@FeelsBadMan, a few days someone from Unibet claimed they were thinking about making it two or three levels and in the end they ended up with two levels for making points only. They are still thinking about changing into it 3 levels, without changing the amount of points you get for a challenge. That would be a progress at least. 

The old points scheme:

20 x 10€ 5max games = 20 x 0,50€ Rake = 10€ Rake = 1000 Points

Today´s scheme:

20 x 10€ 5max games = 20 x 0,50€ Rake = 10€ Rake = 100-200 hands seen in the first two levels. You are 70bb+ deep, I don´t know what you´re opening ranges look like but I have the impression that one has to play as much as possible just to fullfill these absurd challenges and to see as many flops as possible. I don´t like the fact that I have to play hands in the first two levels just to earn the points. And if you keep on folding in the first two levels you don´t get almost any challenge points aka 0€ rakeback.

Also, you can´t say "I have to play x amount of games for x amount of challenge points" anymore. 

It´s getting weird and difficult to gather a set in stone figur of challenge points, that s why you can´t calculate what amount of games you gotta play in order to achieve a certain rank (e.g. 100k / 250k /1m challenge points per quarter).

@WuDu, you just keep being an eye-opener for me. I think I will get into the satellites in the next couple of days.

750 points guaranteed per day seems nice :-)

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

From the volume I have played so far this qaurter; I have earnt almost the same amount of points playing "normal" as you would if the points were coming directly from rake. There was another thread about this last week, I showed some stats as an example. https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/General-Poker/SNG-Rakeback-Challenges-questions-etc/m-p/81956#M14328

As a Reg, you should just play and the points will come. As a Rec, I can understand it may seem like a long time before you complete your next challenge. So i do somewhat agree that the number of levels could be increased a bit while points are decreased. To make it seem like you are getting somewhere with the challenges when you are a low volume player.

The thing with allowing the challenges to go on for a whole game is that people may spaz limp every hand just to flop 727 for a challenge, Or they may call every flop at t200 for a chance to see the A on turn. It will make people play outside of their normal game. Which is both good and bad depending on player tendencies.

Not actually Old.

@GotWhatItTakes

Don't forget the UO, UK qualifiers. YOu can also play the Daily-series and Saturday Stack satellites. They all pay 10 points for every 1 Euro you risk.

Pretty much to chose from, that´s what I wanna see 🆒

@WuDu, did you notice the Las Vegas Satellites offered by another Pokerroom (it is a big Party over there.. 🤫 )

You can earn 12,000$ cash. That s how it is supposed to be : 0,01$ - 1,10$ - 5,50$ - 22$ - 109$: Survive 18 levels and get into the 1,050$ Final with 10 x 12k$ packages guaranteed. If you manage to win a package, you earn 12k$ cash you can spent however you want - meaning you do not have to travel to Las Vegas if you don´t want to.

I think I will write something about it in my blog, totally forgot about it. :dissatisfied:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Archived