please add a dislike option

i think you should add a dislike option too,i hate it when people answer one of my questions even though they have no idea what they're talking about,and aren't helpful what so ever.

Fear knocked at the door, Faith answered and nobody was there.

@nelutzu wrote:

i think you should add a dislike option too,i hate it when people answer one of my questions even though they have no idea what they're talking about,and aren't helpful what so ever.

I'll quote Zuckerberg:

"The like button is really valuable because it’s a way for you to very quickly express a positive emotion or sentiment when someone puts themselves out there and shares something. Some people have asked for a dislike button because they want to be able to say, “That thing isn’t good.” That’s not something that we think is good. We’re not going to build that, and I don’t think there needs to be a voting mechanism on Facebook (EDIT: the Unibet Community) about whether posts are good or bad. I don’t think that’s socially very valuable or good for the community"

If you think a post is bad for a thread, you can always report it to the moderators, who might choose to remove it, if they agree with you :)

• 4 weeks later...

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

@nelutzu wrote:

I'll quote Zuckerberg:

"The like button is really valuable because it’s a way for you to very quickly express a positive emotion or sentiment when someone puts themselves out there and shares something. Some people have asked for a dislike button because they want to be able to say, “That thing isn’t good.” That’s not something that we think is good. We’re not going to build that, and I don’t think there needs to be a voting mechanism on Facebook (EDIT: the Unibet Community) about whether posts are good or bad. I don’t think that’s socially very valuable or good for the community"

If you think a post is bad for a thread, you can always report it to the moderators, who might choose to remove it, if they agree with you :)

Oh,so we can only express our positive emotions,i see.I totally disagree,it's the 21 century am I forced to like everything,why can't I express my dislike for something in a peaceful way?

Fear knocked at the door, Faith answered and nobody was there.

We're not forcing you to like anything :)

Hopefully we can agree that the community should be a fun and nice place to spend time. I simply don't see how a dislike option would help us achieve this? What would your goal with a dislike be?
If you disagree with something, I'd much rather that you comment in a constructive and polite manner - in my opinion that's contributing, but a simple dislike isn't.

The world is already turning into a very negative place. Its nice to come somewhere, where only positivity is encouraged
I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Sorry TS, but honestly, I'm very relieved Unibet won't implement this. It would only create unnecessary animosity. Liking a post is a positive thing, but I think it would be kind of hurtful to just leave a "dislike" and then be on your merry way, without ever letting the person know the reason why you disliked their post. If you don't share someone else's opinion and would like to get your own point across it's better to leave a comment explaining why and politely agree to disagree. I mean, we can't all like the same things, but that doesn't mean we can't get along. Just look at the Euro match threads - lots of different opinions about players and people rooting for opposing teams etc, but everyone still managed to keep a pleasant atmosphere. (I'm not so sure that would have been the case had there been a dislike option available.) Friendly discussion is what this community is all about and I hope it will stay that way. :smileyhappy:

Archived