Germany - Ukraine Live Thread

BonusPater

GermanyUkraine.png.599e48a1afa757fef5b5438ab7609f2e.png

Here you can post your betting picks, comments etc.

- Germany and Ukraine have met five times, with two Germany wins and three draws. Germany could beat Ukraine for the first time outside the borders of their home country. Both Germany wins came in home matches, the three matches in Ukraine ended in a draw. The most recent match between the sides was a friendly at Kiev on 11 November 2011, result 3-3.

- Germany are unbeaten in all their 11 opening matches at the European Championship (W6-D5).

- Ukraine have won their last four matches (all friendlies) and have only set two longer winning streaks. They won five in a row between 1998 and 1999 and six in a row between 2004 and 2005.

Interesting have to win match for the germans. I think, as we have seen in plenty of the other matches, that it will be a tight fight, hopefully won by germany in the end .

When in a hurricane, some people build shelters while others build windmills.

@Lucky wrote:

welcome to the new topic in my opinion, should go towards BTS and play corners for ukraine

I think the defense Germans today looks weak, Ukraine has a very strong wings

Have to say I disagree. The defense could indeed be stronger, if Germany had no injuries, but Hector - Mustafi - Boateng - Höwedes is defensively quite strong. Boateng is one of the best CD's in the world, and the best CD in the Bundesliga this season. Höwedes is very experienced and strong defensively. At the last WC, Höwedes was one of just three German players to play every single minute (Lahm and Neuer were the other two). Despite his injury, I expect a strong performance from the Schalke player.

but it is a new event for them, there is pressure on the players, and it can go hard

I agree that Boateng will keep them firmly but it will not be an easy game

Ukraine will play without complexes as Romania and Albania

@Lucky wrote:

welcome to the new topic in my opinion, should go towards BTS and play corners for ukraine

I think the defense Germans today looks weak, Ukraine has a very strong wings

I have to agree w Lucky, the defense seems unstable ( to my surprise) every corner is dangerous and thanks to Boateng still 1-0 halftime. Hav to improve if Germany want to win the title.

When in a hurricane, some people build shelters while others build windmills.

Confounded by this match. Germany won and all, but they also highligthed several issues within the side. Their fullbacks unable to cover space, and they didn't get enough help from their midfielders. Germany wasn't really all that impressive offensively either, but at least this team seems better suited for attacking rather than defending. Better sides should be able to put them under heavy pressure and punish them, and the Germans has to improve on defensive set pieces.

On the flip side a tournament is never won in first match, and the ability to get three points on a day where they weren't at their best also speaks to the qualities in the team. I don't think they strengthened their favorite-stamp with this performance, and France did barely better in that department in my opinion. Spain to come tomorrow as the last of the three everyone looks to...

Archived