Poker release notes 29/03/2017

Chris-Unibet

Hi @elSiluro,

Are you talking about this?

1487756485_infobubble.JPG.f57a14f7bb85be5eedd5601fc0594ca9.JPG

If so, isn't it working for you? What happens when you click on it (after the opponent has made any action)? 

Edit: Sorry, I've just seen that you're talking about the replayer. I believe we thought it didn't have any value to have it given that you're already reviewing the hand with the replayer. I'll discuss it but could you elaborate on how you were using it? 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Chris-Unibet

I was making prinstcreens on some hands to review later and that box provided the line and sizings without having to type that info every time. 

Probably doesn`t have any value for most people, but it doesn`t bother either imo.

Any ETA on fixing the graphics/choppy looking cards? It hurts my eyes and really tilts me!

Thanks!

@elSiluro,

"graphics/choppy looking cards" - are you talking about your opponents cards being pixelated? 

Edit: If you're talking about the cards in general (e.g. the flop on your previous screenshot), maybe your settings have been changed somehow? To get a simple deck (4-color or not), you can go to your settings and disable Simple Deck:
1718943875_ChangeCardDeck.JPG.69c41fbed431058344ea7b378475177b.JPG

Please let me know if that's what you're referring to when you say "bad graphics". You also have the "Blur folded avatars" animation on. 

I'm trying to understand what you're refering to exactly as there's nothing obvious on your screenshot to me. 

I can see that opponents holecards are a bit blurry and that, with the deck of cards you're playing with, the back of the cards are different than with the "simple deck". I don't know if that's new or not to be honest. Anything you can describe in more details would help. 

@Chris-Unibet

Almost everything is blury at the table, cards, font, challenge box. But this is showing on small resized tables, when I maximize the table it looks almost good (back cards are still looking a little bit choppy/they don`t look smooth as before in fullscreen mode).

And I`m not the only one having this issue, look on 2+2.

Maybe you can see better in this printscreen, this is the smallest sizing of the table.1672127282_badgraphics2.png.c6d5aa59448a1b70d87cc18a1268efdd.png

A bunch of issues today after the update:

1. I'll start with confirming that the graphics look a bit choppy when the table it's on it's smallest size, it looks good and crisp when it's big, but small it looks like the background and the avatars and the names are getting compressed. On the small version the table background looks like it's bumpy due to the compression maybe instead of a solid green, the avatars are really pixelated, the names are hard to read, less bright, letters squished together. IMO the ratio to which the names decrease in size as the table decreases in size should be smaller than the ratio used for the rest of the graphics ... or maybe have some set values for the font size that look crisp for various ranges of tables sizes. 2053254221_2017-03-2922_25_03-TexasHoldem-NL4(cg38836a).thumb.png.875096d29daefbbc6301f7d7f79a0628.png

2. Had an issue registering to tournaments with tickets, registered to 2 tournaments (The unibet open 50€ turbo and the UK Tour 25€) but the pop-up to choose ticket or cash didn't appear and the register button got grayed out, no notification message, no table popping up even though 1 tournament was already running. So I restart the software. When I come back the tournament that was already running pops up, apparently it registered me with cash while the registration process was frozen in my software. Managed to unregister from the 2'nd tournament and reregister with a ticket afterwards. Already contacted support about a cash refund and to take one of my tickets instead since it was a bug that caused me to register with cash. They said they passed the message on, hopefully I get it :) 

3.  A bit later I tried some SNG's.  I think while having 7-9 tables open the tables "froze" ... the animations were still working (timebanks, folding, next player, timebank fold again, you get your buttons, you press them, they disappear, nothing happens, after a bit buttons appear again, press again, still nothing ... no data being passed on to the server I guess ) so it's tricky to realize that it froze until it's your turn to act somewhere. Also the sound effects were really deformed while that bug was occurring, after a while of just watching timebanks and folds. This has happened in the previous versions as well, on occasion. I restart the software. 

4. During the above issue, when I restarted the software, the log in box broke. The same old issue where the log in box turns into the unibet website after you log in, clearing the Internet Explorer cache and cookies seems to solve the issue until the next restart, rinse and repeat.

5. When I got back in my tables opened normally except for 1 table which was stuck in a loading state, like the client loading window, and remained stuck until I restarted the client again, after a while, since I was 3 handed in a high blind tournament. Then the table that was stuck opened just fine after a restart, some blind levels passed but just early levels so not a super big deal. But an annoying bug none the less.

Would have also posted a poker_log, but it seems like it doesn't contain anything from today's games/current version, only from the previous days. Also mentioning that I "stress tested" the software before my session with 18 tables (8x1€SNG 8x4NL 2x10NL) and it worked just fine, so I was quite surprised by the issues, and I'm not sure what could have changed in the meantime if anything, or if it's just random.

6. Unrelated to the above issues, the tournament lobby still can't refresh in real time properly, you look at the list, you click a tournament to register and it turns into another tournament, because the list shifted a bit in the meantime and it didn't refresh, clicking the tournaments one by one forces them to refresh, also scrolling can also help them refresh. Again an old bug, just mentioning that it's still there.

7. Registering any tournament with a password (freeroll or real money buy-in, doesn't matter) still breaks the lobby, and needs a restart to be able to see tournaments again. Old bug.

8. In the tournament filter, where you can input your numerical amounts for buyins, it's quite difficult to introduce said numbers, it's like the amount keeps refreshing every second or something like that. Let's say I type 5 in one of those boxes, it will instantly refresh to €0.00, obviously it's even worse when you want to type for something like 4.20 since it takes more time to type it. After many tries you eventually get it but it's a frustrating bug. Same thing happens if you lets say changed it to 5 and you want to make it 6 , it instantly refreshes to 5. This bug started in the previous version when the tournament filter slider got fixed.

Good things:

1. The tournament lobby looks amazing right now, the font size, the number of tournaments, the lack of pointless fade out, the finished tournaments being at the end. The only thing left is that the tournament names still get cut out even though there's plenty of space for them to be displayed.

243893460_2017-03-2923_08_30-UnibetPokerv2.4.0.thumb.png.aee04d633ebf91789b6f74c388714439.png

2. The replayer also looks amazing right now, and that background, omg, it's the best :) . Also fiddled with it while stress testing and no crashes caused by it, and worked super smooth. At least during my tests.

3. I've noticed improvements with the tournament info box on tables, it used to not show next prizes properly sometimes in satellites, and now I think it does it better. Still it would be nice if it would be able to show info on multiple ticket prizes, like in the UK 25, instead of just showing #1: €100 Unibet UK Tour ,  it would be nice if it could show #1-3: Unibet UK Tour since there are 3 places paid a ticket not just 1. 

Windows: I have a problem with graphics after update too. Especially when i make minimal size of table. Now graphics looks like in mac os version (not smooth fonts, cards (every deck) etc, very hard for eyes.

Mac os(after last mac os update): After update i cant open unibet poker, when i try to open unibet poker, i got instant crash

Can we not just have what most other clients have and just put an info window on the right of MTT lobby? The drop down when you click on a MTT is the most annoying thing in the client.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

version (not smooth fonts, cards (every deck) etc, very hard for eyes.

Same thing for me. You can see pixels on cards and avatars. I see everyone have problem with this. 

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

The tournaments  lobby looks much better than before, its nice to see a longer list of tournaments :)

One thing i notice and don't like at all:  when i fold my hand, i cant see my cards anymore during the rest of the hand, i find it really annoying. It wasn't like that before.  @Chris-Unibet

• Choppy graphics@elSiluro@FeelsBadMan@Sweeedeeen@jerryThanks for all the report. For now it's been reported by Windows download client users so anyone experiencing the same problem on other plateforms, please let us know. I don't yet what's causing it and if that's specific to some configurations or not.

• Challenges widget not working at the tables

@radge1Thanks for the added information. I'm waiting now for feedback from the devs. I haven't heard anyone else having a similar issue but that could just be because we have less Mac users. I'll let you know when I know more.

• Tournament table info area

@9HiLikeABoss

Are you talking about the below? It's now only showing the first prize indeed. It's hard to make that element looks OK on mobile or small tables and yet show a lot of information. We would need to put some more thinking into it but it's sometimes hard to find the time to be honest.

1569014265_MTTinfobubble.JPG.077f8412e6fb6172df9835e2cdf6e823.JPG

• Register with ticket issue

@FeelsBadMan

Weird one. I've reported it but could you please let me know if it happens again. Drop a message as well if you don't get refunded (with ticket removed) after your query. 

• Other issues

@FeelsBadMan

Reported as well. Regarded the Poker_log, when you go at the bottom of your Poker_log.txt file, in your documents folder, it doesn't countain any session on 2.4.0?

• Full Schedule not refreshing

@FeelsBadMan

Reported too. Do you know how to reproduce it? I've had it once where indeed the Full Schedule was not updated and clicking on each tournament was just refreshing the tournament that was, I assume, meant to be on that exact spot instead of the one I've clicked on.

• Register to a password protected tournament break the lobby

@FeelsBadMan

Reproduced and reported. Annoying one indeed, sorry about the inconenience caused. 

• Buy-in filter acting weirdly when typing an amount

@FeelsBadMan

Reported and easily reproducable indeed. Thanks

• Mac OS crash

@Sweeedeeen

Annoying to hear as quite some dev time was allocated on Mac for this release. And it's happening every time you launch the client? Do you get a specific error message?

@radge1, as you're playing on Mac, could you let me know if you've noticed some improvements, apart from this Challenges widget that isn't working for you anymore. 

• Drop down when you click on a MTT

@MoreTBC

I don't quite understand why drop down make it worst than having it at the right side of the lobby. What do you find annoying about it?

• Tiling bug when trying to tile tables at 2x2 on a 3440x1440

@bckgamon

Haven't heard of it yet.

Is it that you're using "Re-Size" and it doesn't resize your tables smaller to take full advantage of your screen?

Or that you're using "Current Size" and it doesn't use the top part of your screen?

@Chris-Unibet wrote:
  • Tiling bug when trying to tile tables at 2x2 on a 3440x1440

@bckgamon

Haven't heard of it yet.

Is it that you're using "Re-Size" and it doesn't resize your tables smaller to take full advantage of your screen?

Or that you're using "Current Size" and it doesn't use the top part of your screen?

Ah, never noticed the "Current Size" option. Anyway, it won't resize to fit my screen when i do 2x2. It just 1x2 and the overlaps the tables, as my screenshot shows. At 2x3 it works as it should. A kinda fix right now is to first do 2x3 with "Re-Size", and then do 2x2 with "Current Size".

@Chris-Unibet

Screen resolution 2880x1800, 30 inch. Now when you open table and make minial size of the table you see bad graphics. Before update graphics was ok, just fonts of nicknames was bad, but was ok.

In mac os version there is insta crash, if you need i can post error report.

For playing in mac os i need just correct table opening of tables on active external display, smooth graphics, bet sizing by mousewheel when mouse over active table

@Chris-Unibet wrote:
  • Drop down when you click on a MTT

@MoreTBC

I don't quite understand why drop down make it worst than having it at the right side of the lobby. What do you find annoying about it?

It's an extra click every time you go to a MTT. On most other clients you just click on the MTT and the info is there on the right, nothing else changes. On Unibet you click it, you lose the next 4 or so MTTs off the bottom of the lobby as the dropdown appears and then you then either have to scroll down past the drop down to find another one or click on the same MTT again to make the dropdown disappear and scroll again.

IMO most of the information is the dropdown is pretty useless anyway. The pictues/quotes don't really add anything and most people would look at the structure in the MTT lobby anyway. The only thing I find useful is finding out ticket GTDs and that could easily go in an extra 'Prize pool' column in the main lobby table.

It's not as bad with the new font size and now the fade is gone but I think it's just a clunky way of doing it.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Archived