Difference between the amount of likes in information box and on profile page

Rushbie

Not a new thing, but didn't find a topic about this.
I checked quickly few other profile pages, and it seems to be wrong with everybody.
It has nothing to do with multiple pages open, or amount of likes you have given to others.
The counter is just messed up.
buggie.thumb.jpg.6f5dc631c7294b142c0edc6920a6027f.jpg

@RushbieI'm pretty sure that's the way it's supposed to be. @testuser1 can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the difference is because the amount on your profile page shows all likes you've received, including those in the Off topic and Promotions sections. But since those likes don't count towards rewards, badges and stuff, they don't show in your info box.

@Valkyrie, That's what I tought at first aswell, but I only got a difference of about 20 likes between both, and got far more likes in promotions and off-topic :)

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

Mm-hm, that would make sense. But since I, for example, haven't posted anything on Off-topic, and promotion section amount would be lot higher than that compared to the ones that are counted towards rewards, got suspicious. In my case that 3-point gap has been there for a long time, so was thinking could it have something to do with double-clicking the like-button, like accidentally? Perhaps the received likes are first registered to both, and in case of double-click, or un-liking, it's not taken away from one's profile page? Experienced that few weeks ago when two notifications appeared simultaneously to my screen, and it matches the timeperiod.
Edit. Or not few weeks ago. Maybe last week or week before that.

I'm going to decline the bug report for now. The two numbers are correct, they're just showing different things. The one on the hover card is only showing the number of post likes received, and the other one includes image likes and possibly also something else (haven't done any thorough testing yet :) )

They should probably show the same thing, so I'll see if there's a way for me to fix this :)

Archived