Merchandise store / rewards

ilari27

The reason we don't do this is that it's hard to do postage & packaging.  We've had lots of trouble sending stuff to Russia, for example.  I'd like to make it so that Challenges pays out slightly different things in different regions.  That would mean that we could have a UK warehouse and we use that to stock items that're warded only for the UK Challenges scheme.  Then we just do purely online rewards for countries where it's too expensive/hard for us to ship.

But that's something for the future, at the moment we have some other development priorities like hand replayer and rebuys.

Former head of poker @ Unibet

ok i see , but the current program favorize only the grinders and beside the program they have also rake races , but the rest of the people who plays might want to have some points accumulated over the year and buy something nice with a better value.

i dont think that the current program is ok beside of that cash games player might have a better chance to accumulate more points via challenges rather than mtt player or sng players.

@polarbear wrote:

ok i see , but the current program favorize only the grinders and beside the program they have also rake races , but the rest of the people who plays might want to have some points accumulated over the year and buy something nice with a better value.

i dont think that the current program is ok beside of that cash games player might have a better chance to accumulate more points via challenges rather than mtt player or sng players.

This is pretty much the most generous loyalty scheme on the internet for low end players.  We pay out a lot to the bottom and top ends at the expense of the middle.  We don't do any global rake races.

We don't have an annual loyalty scheme because it means new players don't get much value if they join part way through the year.  

And finally, the loyalty scheme pays out the same percentage to cash game and to MTT/SNG players.  

@Andrew-Unibet wrote:

@polarbear wrote:

This is pretty much the most generous loyalty scheme on the internet for low end players.  We pay out a lot to the bottom and top ends at the expense of the middle.  We don't do any global rake races.

We don't have an annual loyalty scheme because it means new players don't get much value if they join part way through the year.  

And finally, the loyalty scheme pays out the same percentage to cash game and to MTT/SNG players.  

i was not saying in special to have an annual vip scheme but to be something even if you have trimestrial loyalty scheme , i want to keep my points till the end of those 3 month and then to exchange them into a higher reward even if this might be same value , but is something else when you get big 

of course you dont have a global rake race since affiliates offers rake races but they are also rewarded to much new players receiver a higher % only after they rake 100 euro  with 19% after that they not receive much (and is trimestrial!) .SO new players receive in words a higher % and from 3 in 3 months.

As i said might be a good ideea as someone to keep points or i dont know and at the end of those 3 months to be exchanged into a higher value.

We have regular payouts because it encourages people to keep playing a little longer each time.  If we just had one big payout then there're no rewards for three months except seeing a total number increase somewhere.  We also have the smaller, regular, awards because it keeps a lot of players going through the month.  The best player for us is that one who will deposit €50 each month and views poker as entertainment with the occasional payoff.  We need to keep those players around for as long as we can, and smaller payout steps does that.

There're a couple of affiliate rakeraces, and I really dislike them.  But I don't want to spend my internal political influence on getting them stopped, there're more important things to focus on, like getting new players to the site.

For me its very fine,its a different rakeback compared to other sites and much better,imho then on 888 or pokerstars.

But hope its possible to make the awards a bit higher. I think,im one of those fun players,but it doesn't really push me to play more to earn, for example, 2x1 mtt tickets to be honest. And when it comes to the good awards,the point gap is simply to big,20000 points or even 25k later. Not reachable anyway,so motivation to play more as well.

Maybe you can somehow make it more attractive?

We pay out more to the lower end players than any other site as far as I'm aware.  I don't think we can raise it a lot because that money has to come from somewhere.  I'm OK with the idea of increasing the lower end and decreasing the top (we're probably going to do that a little bit for Q4), but keep in mind that 1000 points earnt is roughly equivalent to €10 raked.  We can't award huge amounts there because we still need to make money.

We also have to balance player interests.  Some people aren't motivated by earning lots of tiny rewards (for them) at the start of the month when they're playing NL400.  That's why we slowly increase the gaps and the amounts paid.  I don't think it's possible to reach a sitaution where everyone is always happy, we can only have compromises.  For example, there's another thread going on at the moment about how a player just wants to earn points and get one single big payout at the end of the quarter.  Clearly that isn't compatible with this idea, so we have to go somewhere down the middle.

Most of our promos come with the idea that it's valuable to play throughout the month.  That should mean that even if the next Challenge payout is a long way away, there's still something to play for elsewhere.

@Andrew-Unibet wrote:

We pay out more to the lower end players than any other site as far as I'm aware.  I don't think we can raise it a lot because that money has to come from somewhere.  I'm OK with the idea of increasing the lower end and decreasing the top (we're probably going to do that a little bit for Q4), but keep in mind that 1000 points earnt is roughly equivalent to €10 raked.  We can't award huge amounts there because we still need to make money.

That is exactly what I had in mind. Of course you cannot donate to the players,everyone should understand and I want you guys,to earn a lot of money,so you can continue to run unibet and give us good promotions. :smileyhappy: Just adapt the rake a little bit in the middle,please.

And making the people play for several days (like achieving 50 cash game hands for 5 days,etc) is always a great idea!

Archived