Englands chances at Euro 2016

UnitbetLewis

vardy/kane/rashford. they have to play these players. england need to score at least 2 goals per game as their defence is all over the place. management made a mistake by not taking drinkwater (leciester city) then made more mistakes by playing a system that excluded the possibilitiy of vardy playing.

almost there almost

Prior to the championship I predicted England to reach the semi-finals, to get knocked there. For now, I'll still stand by that. They only drew Russia, and Hodgson again proved his lack in managment, but "on paper" Wales and SLovakia are easier opponents than Russia in most people's eyes.

The real reason I posted: Today, it's exacly 20 years since Paul "Gazza" Gascoigne scored that goal against Colin Hendry and Scotland... What a Euro-moment that was. I still get chills, and I cheered like crazy when he did it. Gazza was always my main football hero. What a player he was. What a character. A shame about how things turned out with injuries and lifestyle, but he's forever one of the main reasons for my love for this beautiful game.

5 minutes into the second half of the Wales match the camera pointed at Hodgson and if it had been a progam about Alzheimer's I wouldn't have batted an eyelid. He looked so disconnected from the game it was worrying. I know that every manager has their own style but for anyone looking for a bit of encouragement there wasn't anything on offer from the England manager.

OK, so he perked up when the second goal went in, but he just looks like a man who knows that nothing much will keep him in the job and that it's just a question of how much abuse the fans will give him when the tournament's over. Confidence cannot be that high in the camp if the manager looks resigned to P45sville with nearly a full half to go.

Archived