Englands chances at Euro 2016

UnitbetLewis

How far do you think England will go in the Euros? Are we destined to go out on penalties like so often in the past, or can the team find that something extra thats been lacking in  previous tournaments?

Personally I think its going to end in heartbreak :-( but that won't stop me from cheering them on. Either way I look forward to the whole month of near daily football.

If they end up first or second in their group, they should normally face Portugal, Italy, Belgium or France in the quarter-final. But then are probably Spain or Germany on their way in the semi-final... 

But they can play some deadly counter-football with Vardy and Sturridge up front! So I would say an outsider for the title. I'm guessing they shall reach the quarter-finals and with a bit of luck the semi-finals.

Nevertheless, I hope they stay very long in this tournement. I like the England squad!

The English more than anyone like to ridicule England's chances at championships, probably as psychological preparations after so many disappointments, but there's no reason not to think of England as a top European NT at least as far as potential goes, in the tier below Germany, France and Spain 

Rather, I believe it is the summer competition format that seems to suit England particularly poorly for some reason, without suggesting that they don't have themselves to blame. I don't know if it is being away from home, if the pressure is too big or if they're more tired, not as motivated as others, but they always seem to perform better in qualifications and friendlies. All that said, England have other recurring problems, such as lacking creative and technical skill in midfield and losing the midfield battles to better skilled continentals in part because of outdated tactics.

hey eh actually long since England got together a good team on the team that reached can cause an upset in this year's European Championships, they are probably ... they've got a couple of really good goal scorers this year ... so a small plus they get with me

robb-75

They got good names/players but ... they lacking good playmaker(CM). Yesterday midfielder offensive players Milner/Ali/Dier/Kane are not making a differences in the midlane offensive game ... Most of the players who occur in the midlane are great at the left/right wing not middle. I don't see in England squad good offensive midlane player who can make a difference in difficult matches. England really good LM/RM/DM but CM is lacking and real AM is missing . In France they will be really dependent of wings/corners and free kicks. After Lampard and Gerrard era England don't have good playmaker but ... that's just my opinion :mantongue:

They have a shot of going into semis, but not with Henderson, Sterling. Vardy/Kane/Rashford must play at all times, i dont know how they could be placed together (4-3-2-1, 4-3-3) but all of them are in top form and they must play. Hart is also a liability IMO, Forster is miles better. 

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Well theres five days left untill the big kick off in the euros , will the opening game be a draw  and will England make the semi finals as for the winners i think that could be the hosts France.  good luck to all who have had a bet

@id wrote:

The PL is the toughest league, here are the most tired, burned out players. I would not be surprised if England were last in the group, as happened in 2014.

I think this is a bit of a myth. Consider also that spanish teams for instance play many more late, european games. It's not like english national players are going to be so much more tired at this stage compared to spanish or german star players, unless they're not as fit. 

I think it's more about mentality. 

Yes, there is truth in it, but while the in Spanish, German championship of the big teams, where most of the national players have (Real, Barca, Bayern), 80% of "friendly" to play this season. For example: Bayern Ausburg, Real-Levante ...
The PL match in all of life and death, even if the first plays with the last one (Arsenal -Aston Villa)

Archived