Your favourite bands/artists?

desinere

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on the decade. Being a teenager in the 90s I have to go with Nirvana and Oasis for that era. I saw Oasis live four times, not in their prime though. Only in their later years.

I feel old now. I do not have much idea about today's music. I mean I do have Spotify but it is just not the same as back in the days, if you know what I mean.

Right now I would say Zara Larsson 'Never Forget You', Justin Bieber 'Sorry.' & A little bit of Drake.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

I've always enjoyed variations of punk, but at the moment I'm particularly enjoying hardcore punk so I've been smashing through the back catalogue of Bad Brains, Minor Threat, and Black Flag mostly. My all-time favourite band is still probably Million Dead though.

Adele - Hello  <--- Song I've been listening to a lot, recently.

I debate

• 2 weeks later...

I like to hear a little of everything , but I have a preference for tecnho , hi -tech, dark trance, thrash metal , punk rock

Artists: Dj Rush , Jesus del Campo , Fernanda Martins, GMS, Goa Gil, Terranoise, Ankur

The Weeknd is another extremely talented artist. Had the pleasure of seeming him in concert when he came down to Vancouver. Incredible vocalist.

I debate

Elvis Presley, Phil Collins/Genesis, The Beatles, Billy Joel to name a few. 

Although I m very young, I dont like most of todays music. Everything sounds the same.

When in bad mood, James Blunt always makes me feel better, don´t know why :smileyhappy:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

• 3 weeks later...

Steve Perry, Robin Schulz, Klingande, Kim Carnes, Taylor Swift, Taylor Momsen, Naamah, Varius Manx, Laleh, Mazzy Star, Hope Sandoval, Dżem - Ryszard Riedel, Vance Joy, The Royal Concept, Melissa.Flutes, Bevani Flute, Cigarettes After Sex, Florence + The Machine and C-Bool.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

@DoktorAvalanche  🆒

The same answer came to my mind when I saw the topic. Not that I'm into favoritism of bands and artists, but Sisters are something different...

I saw them live for 1st and maybe last time 10 years ago at a musical festival in Burgas - the scene at ~10 meters from the Black Sea and was actually great and unusual setting. The performance I just can't describe.

But their music is mostly for that special moments when amongst the 1 000s other albums I pick theirs and listen and listen for hours barely doing anything else.

In my case it is simple - the one, the only, Prince od darkness - Mr. Ozzy Osbourne :) But basically, I prefer music from hard rock till classic heavy metal, from Aerosmith till Black Sabbath. I really enjoy spend my time on music gigs and taking autographs/photos with the stars and was able to take some: Ozzy, Bruce Dickinson, Blaze Bayley, Paul Di'Anno, Lemmy Kilmister, Steve Harris, Klaus Meine, Rob Halford, Glenn Tipton, Ian Hill, whole Saxon, whole Accept (Mark Tornillo's era), Steve Morse, whole Iced Earth and some more ;)

God bless you all!

Eh you are from the older generation then 🆒

Sometimes I wish I was a teenager in the 80s, not a little kid and not born in Bulgaria for sure  :laugh:

Back then every rock music from the West was forbidden here by the communist regime.

Until 87-89s I doubt more than a dozen people knew about The Sisters of Mercy :laugh:

Archived