Unibet Poker promotions

Lollero

@Mynona wrote:

I really hope to see more Mtt promotions..  Lately, most promotions are for sng and cash games. 

I have a bad memory but i cant realy remember any special promotions linked exclusively to Mtts for a long time.

Thanks for the promotions anyway though :)

27 series was the last one I think

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about adding the ability to pick between short missions or long missions at the time of your first login for the new month.

The long missions would be for more regular players who for example, know they will be able to play 20+ days in a month or Play 50 SNGs or Win at showdown 50 times. Then the reward will be scaled up to match it. So it will be more 5e and 10e prizes as opposed to 1e 2e 4e 5e.

Not actually Old.

@OldBurf wrote:

What about adding the ability to pick between short missions or long missions at the time of your first login for the new month.

The long missions would be for more regular players who for example, know they will be able to play 20+ days in a month or Play 50 SNGs or Win at showdown 50 times. Then the reward will be scaled up to match it. So it will be more 5e and 10e prizes as opposed to 1e 2e 4e 5e.

This is actually a really good idea. It would offer something for everybody and wouldn't probably be too hard to implement.

@OldBurf wrote:

Well, this is what regular promos and Challenges are for.  It may well be that we're underrewarding the middle rank players, but I don't think the solution is to make our existing system even more complicated.  That's its biggest weakness at the moment I think, but there isn't much we can do about it.

Former head of poker @ Unibet

I suggested the High Hand promo a while back but I'm not overly impressed with it as it doesn't extend play far enough.  It should have been run 24hrs a day with prizes every 20 minutes for peak hours and two prizes per hour on the slightly off peak hours and 1 prize per hour for the current dead hours.  (marketing wise making 50 prizes a day would make sense.)  Right now the dead hours are even more dead as people have more incentive to shift their play a few hours earlier or forward.

The issue that Unibet has right now as I'm typing (1:40est) is I don't even feel the need to log into Unibet as I'm nearly certain that there won't be games running above 10nl.  Therefore I don't even bother checking.  I don't think I'm the only one.  Unibet needs to establish itself as a 24hour poker operator as soon as conceivably possible.  Once users view the site as such they will be much more willing to even log in.

As for the economics of running it 24 hours.... what are the odds with the current user base that the payout once an hour would be above the 4NL stake?  20% maybe?  Last month you gave all 4nl players 25euro just for basically logging in 5 days a week.  I can't imagine that the cost would really be that high to run it 24hours when you factor in the probabilities of a higher stake winning. 

The expected cost of this promo is roughly the same as the expected cost of Moving On Up.

Unibet's core markets are all in GMT to GMT+2.  I'd love it if Unibet were to add Canada or similar as our next core market, but until that happens, our peak times will probably remain in these timezones.  We need the infrastructure to acquire players, or market, or answer support etc in other time zones.

Just to underscore what Jonny2192 said, I had no idea about the SnG flip promo until I read it here.
Tend to log in and go straight to what I'm interested in, not look at the banners.

And at the risk of seeming "too blonde" I will admit I've always ignored Challenges because I don't really "get" them. Are they just for cash table players? Do you have to choose between Major and Minor?
Is there a simple explanation page somewhere?

Just call me Mrs Kings :-)

@JillianP wrote:

Just to underscore what Jonny2192 said, I had no idea about the SnG flip promo until I read it here.

Tend to log in and go straight to what I'm interested in, not look at the banners.

And at the risk of seeming "too blonde" I will admit I've always ignored Challenges because I don't really "get" them. Are they just for cash table players? Do you have to choose between Major and Minor?

The challenges have a Major and Minor for both PLO and NL they are only for cashgames.

You complete both Minor and Major at the same time.

For banzai you earn 100 points for 1 euro in rake.

At MTTs/SNGS you earn 1 point for every 1 cent in rake.

yQomlrx

In the picture

for the Major I have to do the task 20 times I have done it twice so far(the numbers in brackets)

for the Minor  I have to do the task 20 times I have done it twelve times so far(the numbers in brackets)

The red x can be used to reject one of each type of challenge per month.

If you complete a Major/Minor a new challenge will appear and the other challenge will remain.

Hope that helps.

I think the monthly mission could last longer.

Last month it was ok because of the Moving Up promo so we had to login and play anyway, but this month I have almost already finished mission so there will surely be less incentive to play later in the month, since High Hand is luck based.

I liked the missions before when they had Steps like "complete Major challenge at X stake to receive X ticket", that's something to encourage play throughout the month, for all players.

@finamala wrote:

Last month it was ok because of the Moving Up promo so we had to login and play anyway, but this month I have almost already finished mission so there will surely be less incentive to play later in the month, since High Hand is luck based.

I liked the missions before when they had Steps like "complete Major challenge at X stake to receive X ticket", that's something to encourage play throughout the month, for all players.

I prefer when they last longer but I suppose if they lasted too long then anyone not being able to start at the beginning of the month would have no incentive to play as they wouldnt be able to complete them all and its normally the later ones that offer better prizes.

I think its probablly quite tricky to find the right balance on the duration of them for Unibet.

You could try to boost off-time traffic with some  kind of "Night Owl" promotion :manhappy:

It doesn´t have to be a costly promotion and can basically only give out prizes depending on certain traffic milestones (e.g. giveaway a small MTT/SNG ticket to a random player every x hands. And to increase the appeal of the promotion of course include some bigger prizes (e.g. 100 € cash), which will only be awarded with a very small probability. The promotion shouldn´t be too expensive if you choose the right numbers and due to only giving tickets after a certain amount of raked hands played you only have to giveaway many tickets if traffic picks up and you have basically no risk. 

You could also increase the incentive to play at odd times by including that you have to play at least 50 hands at "Night Owl" hours (basically off-peak times) in order to be even included in the giveaway. 

Card of the day promotion.

Select a new active card each day say the A of spades.

Get 1 point if its in your hand.

Get 3 points if its on the flop.

Get 5 points if its on the turn

Get 10 points if on the river.

Get double points if its part of the winning hand.

Have the points counted for your best set of 100 hands(or any number) so casual players still have a good chance to win.

I like all of the suggestions above, will definitely include them in our thinking for future promos - development is pretty much set up until the end of August but will try to include some of those ideas from September onwards.

Will also see if we can do something to extend Mission duration, making them more interesting while still keeping it economical for Unibet. There's also no reason why we can't bring back "complete Major challenge at X stake to receive X ticket" as part of the Missions so will definitely look to include that again at the nearest opportunity. Thanks for the feedback :)

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

@JillianP wrote:

There's MEANT to be a monthly poker newsletter.  I looked at your account and you're opted in to communications.  This month we had data problems and so the monthly mail didn't go out, but the poker news was added to the end of the site-wide monthly mail.  

@JillianP wrote:

The main problem with Challenges is that it's too complicated.  It's always been a worry of mine, which is why we tried to be very careful with how we display the information on the site and in the client.  I don't think it's quite worked yet, and we have a redesign in the works.

@finamala wrote:

The problem is that this costs a lot more money.  There's a limit to what we can spend each month, and although it varies quite a lot, we still have to stick to the annual budget.  We have done this kind of thing in the past to show people what Challenges are though.

@jonny2192 wrote:

I prefer when they last longer but I suppose if they lasted too long then anyone not being able to start at the beginning of the month would have no incentive to play as they wouldnt be able to complete them all and its normally the later ones that offer better prizes.

I think its probablly quite tricky to find the right balance on the duration of them for Unibet.

Yeh, this is another problem.  It's also one of the reasons why the early stages of Challenges pay out a lot compared to most of our rival's systems.

@Onemorebeerpls wrote:

You could try to boost off-time traffic with some  kind of "Night Owl" promotion :manhappy:

You could also increase the incentive to play at odd times by including that you have to play at least 50 hands at "Night Owl" hours (basically off-peak times) in order to be even included in the giveaway. 

I think this is a good idea.

@jonny2192 wrote:

Card of the day promotion.

Select a new active card each day say the A of spades.

Get 1 point if its in your hand.

Get 3 points if its on the flop.

Get 5 points if its on the turn

Get 10 points if on the river.

Get double points if its part of the winning hand.

Have the points counted for your best set of 100 hands(or any number) so casual players still have a good chance to win.

This is a good idea too.

@finamala wrote:

@Andrew-Unibet wrote:

The problem is that this costs a lot more money.  There's a limit to what we can spend each month, and although it varies quite a lot, we still have to stick to the annual budget.  We have done this kind of thing in the past to show people what Challenges are though.

eh, I'd think that nowadays people would probably rake about the same as they get in ticket when they finish the Major (if we are counting challenge from start to  end on the same stake)

eh, I'd think that nowadays people would probably rake about the same as they get in ticket when they finish the Major (if we are counting challenge from start to  end on the same stake)
Don't forget that there are other factors involved, as well as getting rake back via the mission, you could also be unlocking rakeback via a bonus, earning extra rakeback via the challenges, some people will also have signed up through another company and that will be taking a bit more of the rake you pay.

Not to mention any promos or other ways that Unibet giveaway tickets.

When you add up all the different ways Unibet gives back it all adds up to a lot more compared to just looking at the missions as an isolated thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived