Jump to content

Unibet Poker promotions


Lollero

Recommended Posts

Lets discuss Unibet Poker promotions. We all know that we have the challenges and missions as a permenent promotions but then there is the third promotion that changes every month. Currently we have the high hand promotion. I have managed to get the high hand payout twice playing 4€ PLO. Have you guys had any luck with the high hand promotion? :)

Any hints from Unibet workers what is nexts months changing promotion? :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that the high hand promotion is great but faced with two things: first this promotion is not all day long available and second you should have a straight flush at least  in Omaha to win the promo. So I think this promo is not for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


@psrquack wrote:

I thought that the high hand promotion is great but faced with two things: first this promotion is not all day long available and second you should have a straight flush at least  in Omaha to win the promo. So I think this promo is not for me.


Yes you usually need a very strong hand to win the high hand prize. I haven't played a ton and have won twice so I have been very lucky. first time I won with Q high straight flush and the other time with KKKK quads. I really like that there is a changing good promotion every month. It makes the playing experience reawarding and exciting at the same time. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robin and I primarily taking care of our promotions, so I'm really interested in any feedback (good or bad) related to them.

I can't give many details of promos for next month yet, but we will have something for cash games (PLO, NLHE and Banzai), SNGs and MTTs, on top of ongoing promos like challenges, missions, double trouble, betting freerolls etc.

This month we ran the High Hand promotion for the first time, so we're interested to see how popular it is - it was primarily designed to encourage more play outside of peak hours and so wasn't setup to run 24 hours a day. I'm sure there are things we can learn in order to improve it for next time though.

We also have this promotion starting tomorrow with a €2k added money MTT https://www.unibet.com/promotions/poker-promotions/euro-football-freerolls

 

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@DavidP_Unibet wrote:

Robin and I primarily taking care of our promotions, so I'm really interested in any feedback (good or bad) related to them.

 

Any chance to make the monthly pomos renewed during the month? I don't like if I finish them till the 15th or 20th and have to wait till the start of new month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


@DavidP_Unibet wrote:

Robin and I primarily taking care of our promotions, so I'm really interested in any feedback (good or bad) related to them.

I can't give many details of promos for next month yet, but we will have something for cash games (PLO, NLHE and Banzai), SNGs and MTTs, on top of ongoing promos like challenges, missions, double trouble, betting freerolls etc.

This month we ran the High Hand promotion for the first time, so we're interested to see how popular it is - it was primarily designed to encourage more play outside of peak hours and so wasn't setup to run 24 hours a day. I'm sure there are things we can learn in order to improve it for next time though.

We also have this promotion starting tomorrow with a €2k added money MTT https://www.unibet.com/promotions/poker-promotions/euro-football-freerolls

 


Oh I almost forgot the tomorrows added money tournament thanks for the reminder. I'll defenitely play it. :)

I must say that you guys are putting up some nice and interesting promos. I like the fact that we have very different main promotion every month. For example last month there was the moving on up which was very rewarding for players that play only little but every day. This months promotion is more rewarding for peopple who play more but not necessarily every day. Good job with the promotions! Ilike them very much. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


@psrquack wrote:
Any chance to make the monthly pomos renewed during the month? I don't like if I finish them till the 15th or 20th and have to wait till the start of new month.

Which promotions are you thinking of specifically? Right now it's always possible to complete the mission before the month ends, but most other promotions are designed to last a full month.

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@DavidP_Unibet wrote:

Robin and I primarily taking care of our promotions, so I'm really interested in any feedback (good or bad) related to them.

I can't give many details of promos for next month yet, but we will have something for cash games (PLO, NLHE and Banzai), SNGs and MTTs, on top of ongoing promos like challenges, missions, double trouble, betting freerolls etc.

This month we ran the High Hand promotion for the first time, so we're interested to see how popular it is - it was primarily designed to encourage more play outside of peak hours and so wasn't setup to run 24 hours a day. I'm sure there are things we can learn in order to improve it for next time though.

We also have this promotion starting tomorrow with a €2k added money MTT https://www.unibet.com/promotions/poker-promotions/euro-football-freerolls

 


I have to admit this month is the first month I've had no interest whatsoever in the monthly promotions. As a primarily MTT player neither the SnG flip or the high hand promo would make me want to shift my play to either of them.

With the High Hand promo, from what I've seen, you need at least quads to win the prize (Roughly 2% probability by the river?) or less for a straight flush I think to win €4 seems like a waste of table space compared to playing an MTT. You also said it was designed to boost play off-peak, is 15:00 to 00:00 CET not peak times? I would have thought it should run at times outside that timeframe to boost off-peak play.

The SnG flip think seems fine but as there is no direct win for play (It's just a chance in a flip tourney) then again it seems like a waste of table space to play a SnG over a MTT.

With the Euro flips, if its possible in the software, you should be automatically entered into the tournament. There is no reason why you would need to be present or logged in for the flips when you have nothing to do in them. I expect its a software limitation though but it would be good to have in future. Are the full time freerolls going to be turbos/hypers? I fully understand the start time so it's after the end of the game that night but its going to run for a few hours if it's regular speed.The €2K MTT is a great way to start the Euros off, is the €2k a GTD or added money on top of the prize pool generated with buy-ins? The text on the promo page suggests it's additional.

 

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@DavidP_Unibet wrote:


@psrquack wrote:
Any chance to make the monthly pomos renewed during the month? I don't like if I finish them till the 15th or 20th and have to wait till the start of new month.

Which promotions are you thinking of specifically? Right now it's always possible to complete the mission before the month ends, but most other promotions are designed to last a full month.


The month promotion(June missions). If you complete this you can't start it again. It lasts only 12 days and then you have to wait for new mission in the other 18.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


@jonny2192 wrote:

@DavidP_Unibet could you look at doing this with promos.

     https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Suggestions-for-the-community/Closed-thread-for-Poker-news/m-p/3663

Lot of people dont seem to notice stuff in the banners, would be usefull if I can auto tweet/facebook a poker news feed.

 


Yep, we're going to start doing this from the end of June 

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@MoreTBC wrote:

I have to admit this month is the first month I've had no interest whatsoever in the monthly promotions. As a primarily MTT player neither the SnG flip or the high hand promo would make me want to shift my play to either of them.

With the High Hand promo, from what I've seen, you need at least quads to win the prize (Roughly 2% probability by the river?) or less for a straight flush I think to win €4 seems like a waste of table space compared to playing an MTT. You also said it was designed to boost play off-peak, is 15:00 to 00:00 CET not peak times? I would have thought it should run at times outside that timeframe to boost off-peak play.

The SnG flip think seems fine but as there is no direct win for play (It's just a chance in a flip tourney) then again it seems like a waste of table space to play a SnG over a MTT.

With the Euro flips, if its possible in the software, you should be automatically entered into the tournament. There is no reason why you would need to be present or logged in for the flips when you have nothing to do in them. I expect its a software limitation though but it would be good to have in future. Are the full time freerolls going to be turbos/hypers? I fully understand the start time so it's after the end of the game that night but its going to run for a few hours if it's regular speed.The €2K MTT is a great way to start the Euros off, is the €2k a GTD or added money on top of the prize pool generated with buy-ins? The text on the promo page suggests it's additional.

Ideally we can run a promo for each gametype each month - when the main cash game promo is particularly costly then sometimes we have to skip a promo for one of the other gametypes, but we are working on having a few regular MTT promotions in future so that there is always something for everyone. The times of the High Hand promo do extend peak hours by a few hours either side, but I agree that the prizes may appear hard to win - in terms of what we pay out overall though, the cost to us is in line with what we spend on some of our bigger promotions and it seems to be having a decent effect on traffic. We'll fully assess at the end of the month though and collect as much feedback from players as possible.

It's difficult to register players automatically for the Flips MTTs as any Unibet customer placing an eligible bet receives a ticket - if we regged players automatically then we would quickly reach the cap with players who have no intention of taking part. The €2k MTT for the Euros is money added, that's not the guarantee. Gl to everyone who plays it :)

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@psrquack wrote:


@DavidP_Unibet wrote:


@psrquack wrote:
Any chance to make the monthly pomos renewed during the month? I don't like if I finish them till the 15th or 20th and have to wait till the start of new month.

Which promotions are you thinking of specifically? Right now it's always possible to complete the mission before the month ends, but most other promotions are designed to last a full month.


The month promotion(June missions). If you complete this you can't start it again. It lasts only 12 days and then you have to wait for new mission in the other 18.

The monthly mission is probably our most generous promotion, in terms of what we give back versus how much is raked - we can't allow players to start the mission again but I can start making it longer/harder to complete if that gets your vote ;)

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Link to comment
Share on other sites


The monthly mission is probably our most generous promotion, in terms of what we give back versus how much is raked - we can't allow players to start the mission again but I can start making it longer/harder to complete if that gets your vote ;)


Like in the Pirates of the Caribbean: means no.:smileyvery-happy: Well It depends on you. If you think this promo is too good you can change it when you want(cos I accepted our T&C). It's no problem for me.

Btw can you rank our promotions by generous please?

And if you are here: I still have 2 unresolved topics. So you are welcome to answer for my questions:-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


@DavidP_Unibet wrote:

 

Ideally we can run a promo for each gametype each month - when the main cash game promo is particularly costly then sometimes we have to skip a promo for one of the other gametypes, but we are working on having a few regular MTT promotions in future so that there is always something for everyone. The times of the High Hand promo do extend peak hours by a few hours either side, but I agree that the prizes may appear hard to win - in terms of what we pay out overall though, the cost to us is in line with what we spend on some of our bigger promotions and it seems to be having a decent effect on traffic. We'll fully assess at the end of the month though and collect as much feedback from players as possible.

It's difficult to register players automatically for the Flips MTTs as any Unibet customer placing an eligible bet receives a ticket - if we regged players automatically then we would quickly reach the cap with players who have no intention of taking part. The €2k MTT for the Euros is money added, that's not the guarantee. Gl to everyone who plays it :)


I understand the reasoning behind not having a MTT promo based on the spend on the cash one, it was more just me giving my personal reasons for not wanting to shift my play because I didn't see value in it :)

It seems like a win-win promo instead of a lose-win promo. You're already likely to win the hand with a top holding and then you get a boost on top of that. Is there any way of having a similar idea but with bad beats so it's the losing player that gets  kickback instead of the winning player?

 

Is it possible to extend the flip tourneys are availabel in the lobby then? If people have no intention of registering then they're not goign into the client anyway whereas someone that wants a shot but is only on their computer at lunchtime, for example, misses out because they can't log in two hours before the tourney. Is the cap there to stop an overload of resources on the server?

 

2K added is nice, which I wasn't working tomorrow :(

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@psrquack wrote:


The monthly mission is probably our most generous promotion, in terms of what we give back versus how much is raked - we can't allow players to start the mission again but I can start making it longer/harder to complete if that gets your vote ;)


Like in the Pirates of the Caribbean: means no.:smileyvery-happy: Well It depends on you. If you think this promo is too good you can change it when you want(cos I accepted our T&C). It's no problem for me.

Btw can you rank our promotions by generous please?

And if you are here: I still have 2 unresolved topics. So you are welcome to answer for my questions:-)


 

There are no plans to make the missions less generous - if we make the steps harder then we'll adjust the prizes accordingly. I'll see what I can do regarding listing promos by how generous they are.

Can you link me to the unresolved threads, I'll see if I can help?

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've referred to T&C question to someone in our team who may be able to help, if so they'll come in and respond.

In terms of the license, it's not something I'm able to comment on as my knowledge there is limited. I think if there is any update from our side a mod will come in there and respond.

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@DavidP_Unibet wrote:


@psrquack wrote:


The monthly mission is probably our most generous promotion, in terms of what we give back versus how much is raked - we can't allow players to start the mission again but I can start making it longer/harder to complete if that gets your vote ;)


Like in the Pirates of the Caribbean: means no.:smileyvery-happy: Well It depends on you. If you think this promo is too good you can change it when you want(cos I accepted our T&C). It's no problem for me.

Btw can you rank our promotions by generous please?

And if you are here: I still have 2 unresolved topics. So you are welcome to answer for my questions:-)


 

There are no plans to make the missions less generous - if we make the steps harder then we'll adjust the prizes accordingly. I'll see what I can do regarding listing promos by how generous they are.

Can you link me to the unresolved threads, I'll see if I can help?


I'm in favor of changing the monthly missions to longer versions. This means they would be more difficult but more rewarding. For example a mission requirement could be to reach 10 flops on a cash game 7 days in a row instead of 3 days. I don't however like missions that are too challenging, like this month we have a mission that requires to cash in a mtt tournament. Instead it could be to play x amount of mtt tournaments. Imo this way it's more fun and not too challenging.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


@Lollero wrote:

 

I'm in favor of changing the monthly missions to longer versions. This means they would be more difficult but more rewarding. For example a mission requirement could be to reach 10 flops on a cash game 7 days in a row instead of 3 days. I don't however like missions that are too challenging, like this month we have a mission that requires to cash in a mtt tournament. Instead it could be to play x amount of mtt tournaments. Imo this way it's more fun and not too challenging.


Asking players to log in every day for a week will make it impossible for some players to complete a mission because they simply don't have the time, not because they don't want too. The MTT cash includes qualifiers so it shouldn't be too difficult to complete

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Different types of promo are typically aimed at different types of players.  Missions are meant to be really easy and simple, but they tend to encourage logging in for several days to complete.  Challenges are tilted more towards the grinders.  And most monthly promos are somewhere in between.

Former head of poker @ Unibet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really hope to see more Mtt promotions..  Lately, most promotions are for sng and cash games. 

I have a bad memory but i cant realy remember any special promotions linked exclusively to Mtts for a long time.

Thanks for the promotions anyway though :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...