Possible Tour locations ?

Karl

Dubrovnik in early or late summer would be great! Warm weather, clear sea water, great old town and a cool city wall.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Copenhagen is great for me :D last one of the year will probably be in the carribean, but that's still being discussed and all ;p

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

What about Unibet Open Bucharest? It was a fantastic event, one of the regulated markets and the big poker rival Praha is out of the competition due to the legislation (Warsaw, Pressburg, Ljubljana, Budapest still has legislation issues). So no possible location in the former eastern block would be a disappointment for me.

I'd like Unibet to stick with 4 UO stops but add regional special stops along the way.  The great thing about regional stops is the price point can be adjusted to suit the market.  Some suggestions:

Blankenberg Belgium:  Decent sea side relaxing location in a Country that for whatever reason is really excited about Live Events.  550eu price point makes sense.

Bucharest, Romania:  The numbers don't lie based on the last UO stop and to be honest I'm not shocked... I have played a few times in the region and saw tremendous enthusiasm coming from Romanian players.  Why this shouldn't be a UO stop is it's not a big draw for outsiders to come visit... sorry Romania :)  550eu price point

Montreal, Canada:  Here is a city with multiple exclusive poker rooms that are well established.  The city has a big enthusiasm for poker and all events held at the Playground poker room are big draws.  Unfortunately Party just monopolized that room (can't say I blame them) but there is another venue that would work excellent for the size of tourney that Unibet would want to put on.  I believe it's called the Star....something... can't remember but Stars put a tourney on there about 5 years ago and it was very nice and can hold about 300 players.  Price point 1100 CAD with euro equivalend sats online.

London, England:  tbh this shouldn't fill a UO stop.  Despite easy access and a big market there isn't too much need to tie up a UO stop in London.  London is a well established market where lots of players are already entrenched in their preffered sports books/operators so it makes more sense to fight for open markets as opposed to saturated ones.  Still this could be a great spot for the "conclusion" of the UK Poker Tour.  Up the buy in a bit compared to most stops:  550 quid seems about right.

@Sect7G Montreal?! caught the canuck 😉

I understand you'd like to have a stop in ur home country, but with 95% of Unibets customers being located in Europe and considering the costs of transatlantic flights this is prolly not gonna happen. As more of half of unibets revenue comes from scandinavian citizens Copenhagen is pretty much settled for the next years to come. London is very well connected in terms of air traffic, there are a lot of cheap flights which is important to a lot of people. You're also gonna have a decent field size because non unibet-related players are also gonna enter as there's a decent player base. This shows in attendance when comparing to Malta for instance. Bad air traffic connectiviy (=higher prices), small player base => small fields => smaller 1st prize => lower media interest/promoting value etc. 

jeppe claims tho the special edition is gonna be the 'most exciting' stop ever. So it's probably gonna be on top a skycrapper, on a volcano, in a canyon or in a haunted castle i guess :scared:

maybe consider Newcastle for the UK tour eh? :) I think this would prove popular, especially with the recent addition of local lad made good, Ian Simpson, to the Unibet sponsorship team. (Also, more than plenty going on in the city for visitors, and it's relatively cheap for accomodation etc) 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a good feeling that it's going to be in the Dominican Republic... (Hard Rock hotel to be precise) regardless I hope it's an all inclusive stop with 5 nights hotel attached to the package instead of 4. 

Well Stubbe said it's not on a cruise ship and also that's it's outside of Europe. Since he also said that he thinks there are better places than Caribbean " at least for gambling" it has to be one of the "gambling cities" probably.. Monte Carlo is in Europe so it's not.. Vegas and USA in general is improbable I think, as well as Russia. That leaves Macau basically i think. Which kinda sucks in my opinion.. Unibet Opens are all about Poker + fun besides it, thanks to nice locations. I don't think there is much to do in Macau besides gambling so that's not really attractive to rec players like me. I am not sure but probably is also very expensive and getting there is a real drag.. Saint Martin was a long distance as well.. but you know.. it's Caribbean! Also I would think Jet lag is much worse flying east (I wasn't sure so I looked up and I found out there's actual studies confirming this)..

But I still hope I am incorrect :) may also be Singapore like Viking suggested.. but I guess most of the above downsides would apply to it as well.

Archived