Likes to posts-ratio

Plotinus

Don't take this thread too seriously : p

I was thinking that in order to reduce the problem of spamming and low quality/nonsensical posts made strictly in order to be eligible for bonuses, the rank system should perhaps emphasize likes to posts-ratio, and I suspect it already does one way or the other.

I thought this could be a tongue-in-cheek thread where you can post your current ratio if you wish or we can identify the members with the highest ratio. I noticed from the "most liked"-list that the user "mynona" has a likes to posts-ratio of 1.53 :o wow! 

My current ratio is almost 1:1 : p

Things that help the ratio, ranked according to my approval of the methods:

1. Be a girl

2.  Be helpful, give solutions

3. Say stuff that makes a little sense

4. Be funny

5. Try to be funny even though you're not funny at all (sympathy points)

6. Be nice and likeable and completely uncontroversial, but how utterly boring!

7. Like others' posts in excessive fashion (don't get me wrong, it's nice with likes.. but like 50% of the posts in a thread..there's another forum I frequent where a couple of users seemingly do nothing but like others' posts all day long) thinking maybe they'll return the favour. Note that this could make you look "fake" or like a suckup and it will lead to inflation of likes. It's more fun if they're worth at least something. But it prob works!

Sorry but I dont share your thoughts with what you wrote, I think quality of posts should be only reason to reach next rank level, not many likes from other users. I think likes is nice to give and receave, I for example often give like if other member take time to answer to topic which I start. I also think it is nice way to thank other members and should not be taken too seriously. It even would be best if we not bother our minds too much which level we are,how many likes and so on. I think this is nice place to spend time, getting tips by members and all other things should come after that. Just my opinion, good post anyway because you share your opinion. Fun day to all members!

@kokkini wrote:

Sorry but I dont share your thoughts with what you wrote, I think quality of posts should be only reason to reach next rank level, not many likes from other users.

I agree wholeheartedly with the bolded part :) But I don't think there is any other mechanism to decide the quality of posts.., so the likes to posts-ratio can be, in some cases, an indicator of the effort made by users to make quality posts:)

Archived