Hand History Post Thread

DaVitsche

A good lesson about relative hand strength:

(I'm Belvedere)

KJ.jpg.86d7c91cc2f1995d217244c610ad042a.jpg

I take a stab on a flop who likely missed everyone. Thought the player in position might float with A-high, so I barrel again on the turn in what I think is a semi-bluf. But when I actually try to range the hands he calls my turn bet with, I realise most of that has my potential flush already beat. What happens on the river is some serious entitlement tilt from my part.

Not sure if you're serious, but that's a good example where calling with any 2 is the right play. fkh100 gets 3:1 on a call (15.938 into 45.938 ), which means he only needs more than 25% equity to make a profitable call, any 2 cards will have that amount of equity there.

Up! Post hands people, I don't want to be the only one.

I flop top set in the hand below, and I'm likely up against a flush or straight draw. 

(I'm _Surrender_)

296121043_99setvsflushdrawallin.jpg.2dcb7ae61cb209028f4e9e67cc29d3a7.jpg

What is (in general) the best line to take if you flop the nuts but are likely up against a draw: shoving on the flop to get all the money in; or keeping a bet for the turn to deny him to see both cards and force him to fold his equity?

I think you want to get it in every time. In this specific example it looks like he's going to shove all the chips in regardless of the turn anyway so there is no benefit to a call. You put yourself in a horrible position if a ♦️ lands on the turn. 

I think general consensus is to make them pay for the draws so even if he hadn't of raised you would be betting big on the flop as a standard. Even if you ignore what he actually had you're going to get calls from overpairs, smaller sets and random straight draws because he completed in the big blind.

It's 70/30, you just got unlucky this time.

[/threadhijack] 

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Archived