Public Poll! No Prizes! Just a Question!

taft

Okay, since I'm not going to ask everyone to please come into my topic and tell me I'm not going crazy :D I would like to pose this question and see what you all think.

You have an openender plus fd on flop, the opponent has a pair. Which one is mathematically favored to win that hand with two cards to come (let's say you get it all in on the flop)?

😃 you realy dont get it do you ? first our discution is  about turn  not flop , i told you that i like leading flop ..no ?  we talk about turn if barrel or not vs fish ..right? then we talk about your made hand (comobo draw ) witch is a combo draw  not  a made hand ..... you literaly tell me if you are a favorite vs tp on flop you have a made hand ...you have a DRAW

Hascorel, we can continue your personal discussion (and it has been about everything, do you have a problem with that?) In my other topic, let's keep this topic to the question I posed. You are welcome to answer the question.

Openender + fd is definitely the favorite to win the hand

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

We assume that the villain does not have our suit and has a pair. Let's say top pair, higher than anything we have in hand so if we improve to one pair we don't win. 

I don't want to point out how many outs that is because it would make it too easy to guess. Would be cool if everyone could just throw in what they think off the top of their head.

I just had an idea how to make this more interesting.

Let's say version A. Opponent has top pair (so can theoretically still improve to two pair with us if his kicker is of the same rank as one of our cards)

and version B. Opponent has an overpair 

Who is mathematically ahead in either case, us or the opponent? And just for the heck of it, why not, regadless of who you think is ahead, what would you rather have in that situation, because I must say poker is about feeling as much as it is about the maths sometimes. :)

Ummm this ain't a poll this is a math question , oppinion has nothing to do with it, with an openender and a fd you can have between 46% and 57% against a Top pair or overpair. 

46% against an overpair that eats 2 of your straight outs and and 1 flush out

49% if it only eats 2 of your straight outs and no flush outs, over 50% against everything else ,

56% if he eats no outs from your straight +fd 

almost 57% if some situations where straigh flush outs can count, if you have the straight flus draw

Overall oesd + fd does very well even wehn you know he has a big pair, obviously the opponent won't always have it, and in some cases they will have dominating draws. 

Uh, you just ruined my poll :D I was assuming he eats none of our straight or flush outs so obv the answer is obv, but it's the sort of question the answer to which seems to be non-intuitive to a lot of people, so thought it would be fun to see how people feel (or calculate it out in their heads).

It started in my 3K challenge thread where Hascorel explained to me over and over again I have an inferior hand with the straightflushdraw and am thus bluffing, and he allegedly plays 100NL and 50zoom on stars, the latter of which I have to say I do not beat personally (without a hud though), so obviously it can be the sort of question people have OPINIONS about despite the pure maths of the thing.

It started in my 3K challenge thread where Hascorel explained to me over and over again I have an inferior hand with the straightflushdraw

PLese tell me where i told you that you have an inferior hand on the flop with your combo draw.....this is embarasing ..your thread is puplic so anyone can read last 2 pges an understand what i try to explain to you

No hard feelings ? It's only poker, it's not the end of the world. I got the feeling you were getting impatient with me for not understanding your points of view and I felt you were not understanding mine at all, I don't have an issue with you personally, you are welcome back in my thread any time.

/offtopic

As far as the poll, then yeah,  explained it with numbers on the previous page, so yup, end thread :d But I have to say, in these situations, I KNOW I'm about 54% to complete a straight or flush (2pair is more percentages on top of that) and then I just never ever seem to complete either draw still a lot of the time and it can make you feel like crap because a straightflushdraw is so pretty lol so I can understand where you might want to have the pair in that situation because it feels like something that's already in your hand, rather than something you're drawing to. Thanks for taking part, everyone who did.

Oh sorry @taft , yeah it would have been interesting too see more people what they think about this without doing the math to check, didn't even consider this ... When theres math it needs to be solved ... damn you Pavlov! Would have been cool if we had an option to make a poll type voring system. 

Archived