UFC Fight Night Value Pics on Unibet

Sect7G

There could be a lot more value on the card but I'm saving my energy for next weekend.

Charles Olivieri to beat Ricardo Lamas at -118 on Unibet.  Olivieri has looked spectacular of late whereas Lamas has been a gatekeeper to the top 5 in the division for some time now.  He has always lost to the elite of the division and tonight should be no exception as Olivieri belongs in the top 5.  The x factor tonight is Olivieri missing the 145lb weight division by 9 pounds... a ridiculous miss by professional standards.  This is often the sign of an injury that prevented a fighter to train to get the last few pounds off... but with Brazilians of late it's due to not being able to use sufficient steroids and without them they can't train as much to cut the weight.... so this could end up being just a fighter with an illegal 9 pound weight advantage and that's why I bet him.

Diego Sanchez via Decision over Marcin Held on Unibet is at +333 and is not a bad spot beating other sports books my .40.  He is much taller than his opponent which bodes well to keep the distance which often translates into a stick and move approach which fortunately translates into decisions.  Held is a submission beast and could easily catch the long limbed Sanchez in one of his pattented leg locks but at this price it's worth it.  Other factors to consider are Diego isn't a finisher, the fight is in Mexico which favours Diego, Diego should be cautious as he got lit up early on his feet in his last fight.  Fortunately Held is 90% a submission fighter and hasn't shown much on his feet in his prior fights.  It's also Held's UFC debut which could give mim some jitters.

1 for 2 and the better odds fight came through.  tbh the Olivieri bet was a pretty good one as he looked to be winning the fight until he got caught in a sub by Lamas.  Very surprising ending as Olivieri has excellent bjj so getting caught was unexpected.

Diego fought a brilliant game plan and won via Unaminous decision.  Held faded due to altitude and being the much smaller man.  He should certainly drop to 145 as the 155ers are too big for him.

Archived