3K in a month at the micros personal challenge

taft

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it is because your profile picture? 🤣

When I am playing against an opponent who has "fish" in his name, I instantly start to think he is a fish. But in most cases, these players are not fishes at all. 

I really have to fix that attitude. :haha:

Here is a suggestion for a new profile picture 😉 

f73abe95bf2e35bbecd007af4d244a0d.jpg.8b11953d1d8d1756c4881e4611da08d4.jpg

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

is always overly enthusiastic. Very positive personality 😃

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

when you flot , you should float with equity , and not with that hand (not in a 3 bet pot :teardrop:)......you must know that for sure that viilian is a 1 and done guy before do that ..with HUD is somethingelse (but you dont have a hud here ) so you need more info and equty to do that

Turn I'm basically turning it into a bluff, and bet-folding if anyone fights back. No one did, so we win the pot. As far as the bluff, then It's quite likely I have a made hand here as I occasionally lead out with tp or mp or whatever on very draw-y flops anyway (how do you feel about the latter btw?

you can;t turning youre hand into a bluff because this is a semibluff hand

Ok, , what are you trying to say? I can't turn it into a bluff because I have some equity? That's not true at all, the way the board has developed and seeing as there's one card to come, screw my potential showdown equity if i complete river, I'm looking for a fold right here  on the turn. Hence, I am considering this turn a pure "turn into a bluff".

As far as your general panic as far as me "playing like this" regarding the A9s then thank you for the vote of confidence :D and I agree oop that was a bad call pre(with 100bb stacks, if we were deeper I might still justify it) and should have been a fold flop as well, but relax, it's one hand, and I have to say, have you been playing 10NL on Unibet at all? If you're not okay playing 3bet pots you don't really get to play any pots. I have been 4betting more now, but if you think 52s is not getting it in versus you at that limit facing a 4bet occasionally, you are wrong :D 

Ok, @hascorel, what are you trying to say? I can't turn it into a bluff because I have some equity? That's not true at all, the way the board has developed and seeing as there's one card to come, screw my potential showdown equity if i complete river, I'm looking for a fold right here  on the turn. Hence, I am considering this turn a pure "turn into a bluff".

As far as your general panic as far as me "playing like this" regarding the A9s then thank you for the vote of confidence /html/images/emoticons/Asset8.png and I agree oop that was a bad call pre(with 100bb stacks, if we were deeper I might still justify it) and should have been a fold flop as well, but relax, it's one hand, and I have to say, have you been playing 10NL on Unibet at all? If you're not okay playing 3bet pots you don't really get to play any pots. I have been 4betting more now, but if you think 52s is not getting it in versus you at that limit facing a 4bet occasionally, you are wrong /html/images/emoticons/Asset8.png 

you cant turn a bluff into a bluff ....what do you have here is not a made hand(like99)is  a semibluff hand  (oesd+fd), but you know that allready beacuse you master the game  and this thing is obvious

Why do you "definitely want to get some money in on the flop"? You have 8-high. Playing bloated pots OOP with 8-high isn't the route to success. You need at least 9-high like a boss. /html/images/emoticons/Asset25.png

this is his way to succes man .. the right way

I'm folding there but that's a special situation, I have the utg to act behind me plus the mp 3betting into the utg for no obvious reason in the first place is enough to get me off this hand. However say it's a normal sort of "I raise in lp, blind 3bets" situation I flat or 4b. Or lets say mp raises, I call, blind squeezes, mp folds. Then I'm ip with that A9s and I am flatting. 

The only reason outside of the specific example you brought (not just limiting this to the utg raising obv, could be utg+1, still the same story :D) to fold your A9s ip to a 3b w  over 100bb effective stacks is if you can't play postflop at all.

The best play there is fold because if you just flat call there's a good chance another raise comes in. Raising is also bad because you are very often dominated.

However, calling isn't terrible if I feel my 2 opponents wont put in another raise. Its not the optimal play but you have to change things up and not always play by what the chart says. 

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

just to be specific ... you cold call a 3 bet  oop  vs a ep open  and a reraise right ? what have in common btn vs blinds war with this situaton ? when you are in btn you never can cold call a 3 bet from blinds ...you raise and sb 3 bet and you call (just call not cold call) ,we dont talk here about this situation , i talk about your hand  witch is played horrible without reads or fish behind.Please tell wich is UTG+1 seat at a six max table ??? beacuse idk

thank you for your concern about that one hand, have I or have I not repeatedly said in this topic that this specific hand in fact should have been a fold pre? I am sorry if you have missed that.

It was you who then said that A9s is never a call in a 3bet situation even ip, with which I disagree. I agree that original hand also had me placed between the opener and the 3 bettor which I'm sure is what you wanted to point out, but you failed to say so in your original several comments which made it sound like you are just folding A9s to a 3bet always, whatever the situation.

utg+1 on a 6max table would be the seat between utg and co, you can call it mp if you want but it's still an ep opener to me when they open, so a matter of perspective. 

Will you please tell me what games you play though, I have tried to answer your questions, I felt the example you brought was actually an interesting development, letting us speak about hands rather than squabble pointlessly, so thank you for that.

i play mainly on stars nl50 zoom  , nl 100 on 365 and here nl10- 25 to get use withou hud .... in teory i will play nl 100 next month here i hope ..is hard to put villians on ranges withot hud(especialy in 3 bet pot).....now lets talk about your accidentaly played hand A9(I am sure if you had a database i will find  there a bunch of hands played like this ,witch is killing your winrate ..calling 3 bets randomly withou a plan post and without a read about viilian range is one of biggets leaks.So ,to and this endless conversation please take pokrstove ,flopzilla ,equilab or wathevr soft like this  and give to pfr a range and a range to the 3 beter and shwe your hand  there to see your equty....then please put viilians on a rage otf and put yor hand to see how behind you are.gl

Ok :D Let's now talk about that hand A9s some more ... I have said a million times now, should've been fold pre, I actually said so when I first posted the hand, I am sure you have no problems with reading comprehension.

But, since you want me to, I will try to defend the call: seeing as the opener was lp, he is likely to be opening with misc and the button 3bettor is easily just a button 3bettor, hoping to take it down pre. In this situation, a 4b would be better but a call is not super bad.

(I don't remember if it was a co open actually, can't be arsed to check at the moment, but lets say it was :D) 

And I am very sorry  but your ranges for the opener are way off, and for the 3bettor as well. You are assuming a very tight opener, that's like fullring ep tight and a polarized 3bettor, which is not how 10NL at Unibet plays at all.

Yeah, sorry, I missed that you meant what he calls with. Okay. I'll buy that range.

Utg opening range I'm thinking pairs, AT+ (suited and unsuited), 76s+ some suited kings, queens, some misc crap occasionally thrown in :D

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by "fish" in blinds or whereever, because different fish play different styles :D Depends on the target. With agressive 3bettors behind I'm not really opening differently, probably tend to tighten up some naturally but I'm not doing it conciously.

Thought about it some (actually, played, same difference :D) and I guess I tend to not open small pairs if there's an agressive 3bettor behind, but basically I do try to 4b them out a lot and since I'm not into 4bet-folding much I end up racing occasionally, luckily sometimes it's against 52s :D but yeah, should tighten up opening range there.

what were your feelings about the second hand I posted though? The one where we have a combo draw on flop. I noticed you quoted ArtyMcFly and he was clearly joking, but you pointed that out as something I should take into mind, so I'm confused. Are you somehow of the belief that a sd+fd is not ahead there?

Archived