3K in a month at the micros personal challenge

taft

Starting with a 104€ today. The point of this challenge is that I really need to make 1K by the 20th, but figured I might as well really push myself so the goal is 3K profit by the 4th of December and I'll be venturing no higher than 25NL/10PLO/10SNG/10MTT in this period. 

There will be no random slotting or bingo action, I am allowing myself to do exactly 2x10€ sportsbets per week if I feel the roll allows it in order to get the betting freeroll tickets. (I will try to follow some of your tips here on the forum as far as which bets to place and not randomly improvise on my own)

I am not going to specifically try hard for the leaderboards of this month's promos, but I will ensure I get the daily and weekly bootcamp stuff completed and will be putting in a bunch of volume to hit my bankroll goal anyway, so we'll see where that lands me. I will be playing one 10€ tournament that's on the MTT league list nightly and maybe 2 of the 4€s. Will do my best to win them :D but won't cry if I don't make the money in the leagues.

Earlier this week I was thinking I would discuss hands in my next personal topic, but we'll see how that goes, I feel the hand history is a bit cluncky to copy here conveniently (i.e. you can't, have to take a screenshot to copy it) and feeling a bit less enthusiastic about talking strat in general at the moment.

Main goal: make 3K playing no higher than the limits described above within a month.

Side goal: find interesting and relevant things to post in this topic :D

Gl all at the tables. :)

(As far as an early progress report, then I've been 2tbling 10NL while writing this, and am now at 113.28€ lol)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, ambitious goal, but it is possible, if luck is on your side for a few big pots - looking forward to reading about it - also it's so good to read this statement: "There will be no random slotting or bingo action,..." 😆

Good luck as always and stay focused! 😃

Thank you ,  and  :)

I am certainly expecting a grind. As far as lucky big pots, then for fear of going broke or having to drop down to 4NL which would slow me down a lot, I'm actually avoiding getting into situations, going as far as ratholing a bit if I'm on tables with 200 effective bb with someone else.

For anyone worried about the bankroll management, I'm taking a pretty agressive approach with that, but if I should for any reason drop to 50€ at some point I will move to 2€ HUSNGS and 4NL instantly. 

(120.71€ now, plan is to 6table that 10NL although I'm sort of pushing my limits at 6 tables of cash I have noticed. 4 is great, 5 is okay, but 6 I'm struggling a bit, but I guess I should be able to do it if I try for half an hour bursts at a time.)

Okay, a hand!

h1.png.11ea22fe027c4d5bbbee4e6e6d5b6299.png

I'm markenberg here. I feel pre is fine in some cases, and flop is a bit of spew because there's something in this sizing that just looks v bad to me reading that hand over, should have been fold flop, but as played, turn is good, we have a combo draw + a likely oesd completing there gives us some fold eq.

Why I brought this up is 3 bet pots. Thing with 10NL is that there's a lot of 3betting, not really polarized, often it's weaker broadways, like KT or KJ, kings and queens down to K9, Q8. AT. Of course sometimes it's a hand like we ran into here. It is hardly ever smaller sc (haven't seen it once). The funny thing playing against these pretty wide 3bets is that 4betting doesn't seem to help as a bluff/pushing them out move and often only serves to bloat the pot so you'll be racing against that KT or whatever for far too big a pot, so I have found flatting pre and trying to maneuver the hand post is less varience ridden at this limit. How do you feel, agree, disagree?

I'm terrible at cash so take this with a pinch of salt..

After a raise and a reraise I'd be folding something like A9 preflop. With the hands your're expecting them to 3 bet with you're going against live cards that have the benefit of straight draws against you. I would have though A10 would need to be the minimum to call.

The over half pot bet on the flop should have been another alarm bell when you only have ace high and back door stright/flush draws. This would have definitely been the time to fold IMO.

The turn give you too many outs :) You could have check/raised I guess but I doubt with the villians exact holding they're going to fold regardless of what you do. You're only 40% to win the hand on the turn when you do the simulations so as promising as it looks you're going to lose more often that not.

In general it sounds like you need to tighten up a little pre-flop against the loose 3 betters. If you know that's what they're doing and you can 4 bet them knowing they'll always call then you're going to be getting the big pairs in good for all the money. It might take a few €'s of folding to get there but you'll win bigger when you do.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Thank you  As far as flatting that pre, I am never flatting A9o there but it was soooooooted, doesn't that count for anything :D in a situation where they might have exactly the sort of big pair they had and 10NL players are notorious for getting married to their overpairs so having a nut flush draw against kings would be a situation I would be happy to find myself in on the flop (would likely still get paid once the draw hits) and versus KJ, KT etc, well that's just like being in a normal raised pot vs those hands, and I am fine with that, they will still often fold post and I am not getting it in with tp on a broadway-likely board there so  not too scary.

As far as the turn, I feel outright shoving is better than check raise because if I let them bet again, they're pretty much committed, however this way I still have fold eq seing as the turn completes a likely flopped openender, although not sur who puts me on connectors there or not, so don't know if they would think I might have that at all (they certainly should, because I do have that in my flatting 3bets range :D).

Facing a raise and a reraise best move would be to fold. If you really want to play the hand, 4betting is a lot better than calling because youre out of position.

The way you played it, 100% fold on the flop. Very likely youre up against a pair or A,K.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

I almost never play cash online. I play 2/5 live a few times a week (max buyin $1,500). 

I would be more willing to take the call approach preflop when playing live because a lot of people tend to C bet less, so it's very possible to see a turn card for free/super cheap.

Your play isn't terrible but unless you flop 2 clubs or miracle trips, 90% youre going to be forced to fold to a flop bet.

However, I do like that you play your own way. Mix it up and be unpredictable. Not only does it throw your opponents off, its more fun that way 🆒

I debate

Ah  that is exactly why I float flops as well, because 90% of the population will never two barrel, and mostly the way I make money off of this flatting 3bets pre habit is by getting them to (check)fold turn. I do look at cbet size and timing a bit when deciding to peel one off or not, it does give some cues, and I feel in this hand I should've known better than to continue. 

Ok, another hand:

h2.png.2b73dad02baf2c5200e0912991741985.png

I am hoho. So how do you feel about leading out on the flop here in stead of check raising? I mostly do this because there's a guy between me and the original raiser and us checking to him and then me checkraising doesn't really win me any more than the cbet really, if that because might not even cbet in a 3way pot, and I think we definitely want to get some money in on the flop here.

Turn I'm basically turning it into a bluff, and bet-folding if anyone fights back. No one did, so we win the pot. As far as the bluff, then It's quite likely I have a made hand here as I occasionally lead out with tp or mp or whatever on very draw-y flops anyway (how do you feel about the latter btw?)

You have so much equity on the flop that leading is a great play. If you get raised you can put in another raise and get it in on the flop. 

Even though it's only 8 high, youre still mathematically ahead of majority of hands on that flop.

I debate

Thanks guys. :)

At the moment it's not going too hot as far as the bankroll challenge, seeing as the roll is at 76€ exactly, but will try to do a bit better in the future, I've definitely slipped up some regarding my play and it's one thing to make mistakes you don't know are mistakes but when you're making mistakes where you are fully aware they are mistakes it's time to get it together.

Took 7th in the 10-x bounty, so got a handful of points for the medium leaderboard, have some points in the low as well, but not enough to be in the top 100, and what is pissing me off about those leaderboards right now is the bootcamp one, because I am constantly hovering somewhere between 235th and 260th and fear I might just miss the 250 on the last day.

Now I said in the beginning I might do some 10€ sportsbets for the freeroll if the bankroll allows, I would say at the moment the roll does not allow it :D but I went ahead and placed one anyway. It's on Maleckova @ 3.50 so if that goes my way, would be pretty sweet. Thank you  for the tip. :)

I've definitely slipped up some regarding my play and it's one thing to make mistakes you don't know are mistakes but when you're making mistakes where you are fully aware they are mistakes it's time to get it together.

When this happens with me I just stop with playing poker for at least a few hours. When you keep going in these vibes it's most defenitly going to end bad. Hope you can step-it-up a bit ;) But I think you can

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

Archived