Satellite tickets system

VikingsAF

Hello members of the community,

I guess it's surely a pain in the ass for ,  and  to exchange all those poker tickets to other ones. (Except for when they love to do this or this is their only job ;p )

Isn't it possible for the satellites to just get only 1 euro tickets? And that a 5 euro buy-in satellite just gets paid by 5 tickets of 1 euro? I know this would make a huge change for how the system right now is implemented, and I will most-defenitly take some time to set everything up again, but I think this should be something that could work :)
See it as that every ticket is their own currency to pay for a specified tourney.

I just want to mention that this is only a brain-fart, and I will sum up the advantages and disadvantages I had in mind.

Advantages
- Less work for the moderators 
- Players can use their winings ASAP for smaller tourneys. No need to wait for approval

- Players can play more smaller tourneys to reach a bigger one (Not sure if this is actually an advantage)

Disadvantages
- Less work for the moderators (I don't want to take away their only work :p hehe)
- Players can abuse smaller tourneys to reach bigger ones, but I don't know if it's that easy
- It seems like a big change for the client, altough it seems feasible (Is this actually a word?) to me.

I hope this idea is a bit of use, otherwise just throw it away and forget about it :p

Sincerly
Joshua

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

The idea behind the Sat system is that you can only use tickets from one series on that series, keeping money in that series. If you could play a €25 UO sat and win €100 or €250 of generic tickets you spend on the Daily 4 or a €25 Deepstack then thats €250 lost from the prize pool for the UO events. Grinders would just play teh 'soft' satellites and take the money out the system.

When the store becomes available in 2.0 you won't get as many random tickets that you don't want so there will be less need for exchanges to happen.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

No I didn't mean that we could use any ticket for any satellite :) 

So for example. Saturday stack has its own 1 euro tickets and uo also and so on. But it just gets easier for players to keep playing lower tournaments without having the needs to exchange them always. 

So do you get what I'm trying to say? The value if the tickets stays in their own satellite :) as I said in the first post. You can think of it as satellites having their own currency

But what is the store about?  Sorry, didn't know about something like that. 

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

Would you not end up with hundreds of 'UO Euros'? By the time you reach the final you'll have 250 tickets in your account.

There are some more detailed descriptions in teh poker section but basically instead of getting a ticket for completing challenges you would get store points and then you can go into teh store and get whatever ticket suits you instead of being forced to have whats on the current list. 

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Yeah but the tickets would be given in another manner. (It won't actually be tickets anymore, just a value)

For example 

You go to profile and then you get a tab "tickets" or maybe "satellites" is better :) . There you then see the satellite tourneys with a value in euro behind it :) if you click on them you'd see the available tourneys and if you enter the fee will just be subtracted from your charge for the specific tourney. 

It would look like this. 

Unibet Open: 175 euro

Saturday stack: 12 euro

Sunday entitled: 0 euro . . . 

You enter a 25 euro unibet open and now the value behind Unibet open would say 150

It sounds very clear to me. And I think it's even less a mess than it is now :) 

You're basically talking about T$ like on stars but for every single satellite system , past present and future, it could be done, but from a programming perspective, I think it's better form to just have a list of tickets that you can restrict in whatever way you want on a ticket by ticket basis or on categories, rather than having 20 different balances on your account. Also it might be a bit confusing to new players to have all these balances, tickets seem more straight forward (I would like it tho :) ).

Again on the programming side of things I think it would be easier to just make a ticket conversion app (in client or on website) where you tick the tickets you want converted and then you get a drop down menu of what tickets you can get based on what you ticked, rather then redesigning how the entire satellite system, tickets and balances work. 

LE: hmm however having a different balance would help with the issue with cash tickets where you kinda need to be able to buy-in with 50BB because otherwise they can't really be used (or you could just cash them out by losing 1 cent), but you wouldn't be able to target certain stakes with them anymore 

Archived