What would you do?

cris1285

Go All-in.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

J♣️  9♣️ in my hand,  2. level, SB. Just a call, take it easy.

Flop is 8♣️ T♣️ 4 ♥️  Nice, so so so many chance to have the coconuts a la Kassouf.

The guy behind me raise half of the pot. Something like 80 when i have like 1900. Of course i call. Turn is 3 ♦️. He raise again half of the pot, i still call, thinking to raise... River is T, he raise, i fold, got KT. 

I am just interested what others do when you have this kind of draw. I step in the same or very similar trap like every day, and always sucks. How is it possible to avoid it? 

Raise to like 300 on the flop. Then bet/raise on the turn. You have so much equity. Its the type of hand that even if it goes brick brick you cant feel bad because you were ahead on the flop, close to a flip on the turn. The river, just check behind/fold to a bet.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

I understand the thinking behind playing it more aggressively, but as in this case with top pair, king kicker the guy is still going to come along, and we just lose even more when that card doesn't come.
Is it really "wrong" to play it passively and wait?

And  great topic 👍

Just call me Mrs Kings :-)

I wouldn't say wrong but an aggressive action is far more preferable in my opinion. If we just call we take away a way to win the pot as we will always have some fold equity. Facing a flop check raise and a turn barrel will be scary with just one pair and the prospect of another bet on the river. 

It's always nice to win pots with a semi bluff to make up for the times we don't hit and if villain is still with us at the river then we can just assume we are beat often and check fold. 

It's pretty early in the tourney to be risking all your chips on a draw regardless of how good it is. Check/Raising the flop seems like a standard play but I don't think there is any reason to be preparing to go all in at any point. Depending on the buy-in level and what the villian is like he's probably never folding top pair regardless of what you do at the lower stakes and you're only getting paid if a K comes on the river.

What position was the villian in? BB? Was it 6 or 9 handed? Did you see any action from the villian before the hand?

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

I check raise flop, bet out hard on turn, definitely also bet that river. I lose this hand unless the opp folds, and river he's not folding probably if he stuck around for the whole hand (fish :D), but checking the river here is just wrong. I would check the river if I had any kind of bluffcatcher hand by the river with intention to call in case he was on fd himself, but with just the J high, I think not, also can't really checkraise all in as a bluff here anymore because pot will be way too big for him to easily fold. Bet river and the line looks like a flopped set, rivered boat.

Archived