Dark Skin

MoreTBC

I know we talked about it before but I'm gonna put it here again so it's a permanent idea :) I'd really like a dark skin. It can be incredibly tilting trying to read large chunks of text on the forum withe grey on white that exists just now. The sidebar in the sports section of the site has the perfect dark colour scheme, just chuck a little green in the mix and it'll look lovely 

Capture.PNG.d0fc147112d60c7a3d91f5f5c47c03be.PNG

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

If there was a dark theme, I'd use it myself, so I support the idea :)

Unfortunately I don't think there's an easy way to allow the member to choose the theme, and I believe we'd have to get the platform supplier involved in some of the work = expensive. If the idea gets a lot of votes, I'll see what we can do :)

If you don't already have it, something that might be useful would be the program f.lux. It dims your screen when the sun sets and makes the white colours considerably easier on the eyes - it can be found for free via google.

Nonetheless, I'm a fan of a dark skin as well :)

Former Community Manager

, I'll write an alternative stylesheet and find a Chrome extension that can apply it. That way I don't depend on anyone else (like the supplier), and I can probably have something ready tomorrow.

In order for you to apply it, you'd need to install the extension, search for the stylesheet I've written and then just apply it - will only affect the UnibetCommunity site.

I'm looking at extensions/plugins now and will start on the code after the Schalke game :)

The dark skin looks really nice. Perfect for Halloween 😃

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

, , the skin is ready! :) There're still some minor things to be changed, but I'll wait doing this, as I'll have to update the code again next week, when I push some new changes.

Instructions:

1. Download this file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14641388/Community_DarkV02.txt

2. Install this Chrome plugin (the dark skin is limited to Chrome at the moment): https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylish/fjnbnpbmkenffdnngjfgmeleoegfcffe?hl=en

3. Once the plugin has been installed, right click the icon in the upper right corner and then click "Options".

4. Click "Write new style" in the right side and paste all the content from the dropbox file above.

5. Below the CSS editor, you should apply a filter so the styling will only apply to the Unibet Community. First you select "URLs on the domain" and then you write www.unibetcommunity.com

6. Now just click save and go to the community :)

NB ignore all the errors the plugin will show :D

Working great here also.

When you hover over someone's avatar, the words are barely visible. For Halloween though it's perfect because it has that ghosty vibe.

Great job on this! 😃

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Couple of little things :-

• The three dots you hover over to edit a post are grey so hard to see
  • The options button on the right is white on light grey for most of the site. It's green in the ideas section though.
  • The ranks of users is hard to see 
  • Hovering over any of the comment options (Bold, italic etc) makes them basically disappear (White on light grey) 
  • Hovering over 'Post your comment' is White on yellow and hard to read
  • The font drop down box is hard to read.

If I find any more I'll let you know.

MoreTBC wrote:

Couple of little things :-

• The three dots you hover over to edit a post are grey so hard to see
  • The options button on the right is white on light grey for most of the site. It's green in the ideas section though.
  • The ranks of users is hard to see 
  • Hovering over any of the comment options (Bold, italic etc) makes them basically disappear (White on light grey) 
  • Hovering over 'Post your comment' is White on yellow and hard to read
  • The font drop down box is hard to read.

If I find any more I'll let you know.

Thanks. I'll get it fixed when I do the next update (probably by the end of this week)

I was updating some other design related stuff and thought I might as well deal with this at the same time :)

All the things you mentioned + a few other have been fixed. For the rank icons I had to use a slightly dirty fix, but I think it looks okay (the Unibet rank icon being an exception). Link still the same: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14641388/Community_DarkV02.txt

Let me know, if you come across anything else that should be fixed :)

When this goes live and if it get's enough 👍 can we have a poll on changing it to the default skin?

Also, in the ideas section can we get green thumb icons for when you have liked an idea? At the moment they're just light grey on dark grey and don't really stand out.

The word 'likes' on posts is the same, as is titles for pictures.

Unfortunately it's not my decision, if we can make the dark skin the default one. I'll have to discuss it with the brand team first, and they'll probably want one of our designers to redo what I've done :)

If a lot of members actually "install" the new template, I'm definitely going to have a chat with the brand guys about it :)

It's actually on purpose with the like icon. Green is mainly used for links with the dark skin. As it doesn't really make sense to click the like icon, once you've already liked an idea, I've made it that color. Hope it makes sense :)

Archived