Topping up account with PayPal

VikingsAF

Go to solution Solved by MarcoV,

Hello,

I don't think I need support or anything for this matter, but I didn't know where to post this elsewhere.

I am a great supporter of using PayPal as a third party transaction website just because they have an overall great security system, consumer protection and so on. Paying trough this is overall a really nice experience and I love to have all my accounts centralized around google. (PayPal is not really part anymore of Ebay, but for me they are :p) 

So my question is why Unibet doesn't (yet) accept payments trough PayPal. I think they could really reach a bigger market if they added this as an extra payment option. I wouldn't even mind paying an extra fee if the reason is that Paypal asks to much to the "sellers". Altough I think that Unibet, as a big company, only would have to pay 1% of the transaction (+0,15 cents or so). And the other way around, I think PayPal is a really good way to withdraw money from your account.

But that's my opinion, and if this isn't anything do-able, I would still love Unibet ;)

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

• Solution

We've come along way on PayPal since the thread was posted, it's now possible to deposit and withdraw by PayPal in the following countries/markets:

United Kingdom, Germany , Italy, Austria and France.

We're looking into adding it for more countries, we'll be sure to keep you updated once it happens :)

It's worth noting that we would like to be able to offer this payment option for all countries, but PayPal offers their services in re-regulated markets, which is why e.g anyone using Unibet.com won't have the option.

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions

/Jeppe

Former community moderator

Wish I could, but I was told not to reveal anything yet - as we don't know if it'll take a few weeks or even a few months to implement, we prefer to wait a bit before communicating more information about markets, deadlines, etc.
All I can say at this stage is that we're doing our best to get it done as soon as possible :)

@MarcoV wrote:

@MoreTBC

Wish I could, but I was told not to reveal anything yet - as we don't know if it'll take a few weeks or even a few months to implement, we prefer to wait a bit before communicating more information about markets, deadlines, etc.

All I can say at this stage is that we're doing our best to get it done as soon as possible :)

Then any spoilers on that countries that won't getting Paypal?:laugh:

• Like 1

@psrquack wrote:

@MarcoV wrote:

@MoreTBC

Then any spoilers on that countries that won't getting Paypal?:laugh:

@VikingsAF's country ;)

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

@KameshwarSahoo wrote:

When will the option to deposit and withdrawal to PayPal will be available in INDIA. India is a huge market for everything.

I am ready to move to India when everything fails in Europe . Because if all the regulations I am not sure we are allowed to do anything related to gambling anymore. They ban everything in my country .  

If that happens I am ready to become a guru in India. 

@KameshwarSahoo wrote:

When will the option to deposit and withdrawal to PayPal will be available in INDIA. India is a huge market for everything.

@KameshwarSahoo From the information I have, this unfortunately isn't something that's on the way any time soon. PayPal can only be offered in some re-regulated countries and therefore we can't offer this for any country that is still part of Unibet.com and doesn't have a local site.

I hope it'll change in the future - and it might - but for now I don't want to give any false hope.

If you're having trouble now making deposits and withdrawals because of this then please let us know, we aim to always have other working options available :)

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just went to top up my Unibet account from the balance in my paypal account and it appears that I can't because I have more than £20 in my Unibet account

Apparently you can only use Paypal to deposit if you have less than £20 in your account

Seems very strange !

I'm in the UK

Hi @Mark3 :) Indeed the info is correct, in order to be able to deposit with Paypal the balance of your account would need to be below £20. Another useful info would be that pending withdrawals count as funds that are still on your account so in the case that you decide to withdraw your funds in order to "make room" for a Paypal deposit, the funds would have to be successfully processed and paid out for that to be possible.

/Ray

Former Community Moderator