Auto Logout - can I change the time?

MisterM

I open the Unibet client. I Register to tournaments I want to play. They start after 45 minutes. I wait and do other stuff and bang - In every 5 minutes or so the Unibet Poker client logs out, so I have to login every short period of time, or if i forgot to do it, then I miss the time when tournament starts. Why you do it? It is the most awful system and very annoying as if it logs out it jumps on the screen to me. Can I somehow change the time to be longer? Can you tell me is in the new poker client the same awful autologout system?

When youre actively using its the main program running so your CPU is allocating enough resources for it to run. When its siting in the background other programs are using up that memory thus causing you to disconnect/logout.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Try this experiment. Minimize the client but dont do anything else. Come back in 10 minutes and see  if youre logged out.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

I often have the same thing happen to me when I use the downloaded client. The (original) browser version usually keeps me logged in though, so maybe you could try that - if you haven't done so already. The downside is that you can only have one table open at the time, but if you only plan on playing one tournament anyway it's probably your best option. (I'm not sure if it's possible to play more than one table in the new beta version, though, since I can't get it to work... but maybe someone who's been able to try it properly can answer that. - And assuming it's available where you live of course.)

@Valkyrie wrote:

I often have the same thing happen to me when I use the downloaded client. The (original) browser version usually keeps me logged in though, so maybe you could try that - if you haven't done so already. The downside is that you can only have one table open at the time, but if you only plan on playing one tournament anyway it's probably your best option. (I'm not sure if it's possible to play more than one table in the new beta version, though, since I can't get it to work... but maybe someone who's been able to try it properly can answer that. - And assuming it's available where you live of course.)

Multi tabling is avalable in the new web client but its in tabs not tiled.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

@MisterM wrote:

Valkyrie what computer you have, Apple? I happened to have a friend with Macbook visiting me and he complaned for the same thing, so im thinking maybe its a Mac thing then.

I'm on a Windows laptop, but it's bordering on ancient so in my case I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with the CPU issue the guys were talking about above. The downloaded client also slows it down so I usually play in the browser version because it seems to require less resources (unless I absolutely want to play more than one table at once, that is). I was hoping the new beta web client would be less stressful to it, but I only got as far as the lobby before everything started freezing up so I had to close it down before my computer crashed and I haven't dared try it again. :sad: I've reported it to the Poker team though.

Anyway, I'm not sure if that's what you meant, but if your friend has similar trouble with the beta web client it would be great if he reported it as well. They've set up a thread for it in the Poker section: https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Poker/New-Web-Client-Beta-launch/td-p/36693

Btw, did the beta version work okay for you and did it fix the logout issue?

I can't test it as I don't have the 1.0 client installed on this machine, but I'm pretty sure there's no auto logout feature.  It does indeed sound like CPU lag disconnecting you. Your best bet might be to have fewer programs running at the same time, or this thread may help:  https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Poker/How-to-Optimize-Unibet-to-run-smoother-less-disconnections/m-p/26342

Former head of poker @ Unibet

Archived