Stubbe's Bundesliga Corner

BonusPater

🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

13 hours ago, psrquack said:

Congratulations to Dortmund, they've really deserved it.👍

It's funny, currently it feels like the end of the season, yet the BVB still has to win twice in order to reach the UCL.

Also a great result for Coach Terzic beating Nagelsmann now for the third time in 4 months! How can you not like this guy?

It will be very interesting to see what he does next. Stay at the BVB as assistent under Rose? Or move on to a club like Wolfsburg, Leverkusen, Frankfurt? I think as of now it's fair to assume that Terzic will be the next BVB head coach after Rose leaves...

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

I don't know who is in charge of Leverkusen's player policy or if bundesliga has different standards but at least in premier league loaned players are usually banned to play against their official team (might be even rule to forbid it, don't remember)

Bit by own dog and now top 4 position pretty much impossible so someone must be punching himself 😵

• Like 1

Feel like Dortmund is making a massive downgrade. If i would be BMG i would go for Terzic 🤣, just for the memes 😆

Terzic is miracle maker, saving this season, it was beyond repair. If the season was 5-10 matches longer they would get the title.

Upemacano to Bayern is a massive 🤣 He is so overrated that it hurts.

• Haha 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

I didn't watch the games this afternoon, maybe I should have! What a performance by Frankfurt! Leading the Smurfs 2-1 in the second half and then conceding 3 goals in 12 minutes in order to lose the Champions' League must be the biggest choke job by someone called Adolf H. in German (Bundesliga) history....😀

Of course, Frankfurt cannot fire Hütter, they need Gladbach's transfer fee, however after such a game the team bus should have just taken off without him...

Speaking of the Smurfs, glad that @Stubbe-Unibet won his bet! Are you now able to quit your second job at Mickey Dee's that covered all your previous losses with them? 😀 In addition to that, I think you should also apologize to the Schalke Ultras! Since they hunted some sense into the team and increased team morale through non-verbal motivation tactics, Schalke scored 7 times in 3 games (18 goals in 30 games before), leading at least 1-0 in every game!

The BVB now needs 1 win against Mainz or Leverkusen to secure the UCL! Both opponents have nothing to play for anymore! A win tomorrow and next week, we can play the reserves like Meunier, Schulz, Tigges and Brandt and I can skip the games again!

• Like 2

After saving Hertha, Pal Dardai is being interviewed on German TV right now. You tell me, whether he's having a good time right now:

image.thumb.png.6361d06f1228d51f602dfbf4a3f1ba75.png

Edited by WuDu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

giphy.gif

Solid win today for the BVB and the UCL is secured! Thank God I don't have to watch us travel to Turku and Soligrosk now.

giphy.gif

In addition to that, we won the cup and the Smurfs have played their last game in Bundesliga history. A really nice season in the end! 

I think I'm skipping the matchday next week, watching the game today was already borderline. Terzic today doing his best to run the squad into the ground again, so I hope Rose does a much better job of rotating and substituting our players next year.

image.thumb.png.2b8683ae396c0fe0b798e9a058d7013c.png

In fantasy, you guys gave me a run for the money, but I doubt that Iskander (whoever you are) is catching me with 120 points between us. @Purps also about to crash 4000 points 👍 for the year. So I won the league twice now, better luck next time, maybe with some added competition ( @psrquack, @jerry, @cris1285 ). Just saying...

The only thing that matters in the Bundesliga next weekend is the relegation battle:

image.png.b221c8bca68d17136519031bc94252ae.png

Köln is playing the Smurfs, that should be easy 3 points for them.

Bremen hasn't won in 9 games and they go against Rose and Gladbach. 

Bielefeld probably needs a win against Stuttgart. 

Both Gladbach and Stuttgart might still reach the Conference League with a win, question is if they even want to play there. 🤪 Anyway, I think that Bremen is going down directly! I don't see them winning and Köln will pass by them. 

• Like 4

Bayern announce that the final game of the season against Augsburg will be played in front of 250 spectators. The club decided to give 100 tickets to healthcare workers, 100 tickets are available for club members, decided by lottery. 10 tickets go to the FC Bayern Kids Club. Head coach Hansi Flick, as well as the assistant coaches and players, who will bid farewell, will be able to share this special moment with their relatives, they will each receive five tickets.

• Like 1

Since the Smurfs will leave the Bundesliga forever in 3 days, let's remember one of the sickest seasons in history that ended yesterday, exactly 20 years ago!

You might want to check out this article published by the BBC:

Schalke's Bundesliga agony: Champions for four minutes & 38 seconds

The 2000/01 season was incredible in the end; a few weeks earlier, the BVB and Bayern had a Saturday night battle for the ages with drama and red cards en masse. I time-stamped some action here:

Edited by WuDu

On 5/16/2021 at 8:26 PM, WuDu said:

Anyway, I think that Bremen is going down directly! I don't see them winning and Köln will pass by them. 

And Bremen is gone directly! Totally deserved as Schalke was fighting more for Bremen's survival today than Werder themselves!

giphy.gif

SJW club from a leftist hellhole of a city! If we somehow could get Freiburg out, the purge would be complete! 🥳

Köln now has to play relegation and Bielefeld is saved. Very nice!

Kiel lost 6 points on Fürth over their final two games and have to play relegation against Köln now.

giphy.gif

Bochum and Fürth are playing in the Bundesliga again after round about 10 years. But my oh my, this will be an interesting 2. Bundesliga next year! It's basically the tournament to determine the King of the North:

Hamburg, Bremen, Pauli, Hannover, Rostock and maybe Kiel! 

In addition to these clubs, we also have former Bundesliga clubs like Schalke, Paderborn, Düsseldorf and Nürnberg! And maybe even Köln!

With Darmstadt, Karlsruhe (former Buli clubs as well) and Heidenheim (lost relegation last year) there are even more that might challenge for promotion.

Hopefully this stacked field doesn't destroy my odds of Schalke not being promoted next year. Bremen not making it could also be juicy...

Köln winning the second leg of the relegation 5-1 in Kiel means that the 2. Bundesliga is now the Northern Germany championship:

HSV, Bremen, Hannover, Kiel, St Pauli and Hansa Rostock. Too bad Braunschweig and Osnabrück went down this year...😀

Bremen is keeping its incompetent GM, so I'm really looking forward to whether Unibet offers some long-term bets for the promotion in 21/22.

In other news, the BVB is replacing Bürki with fantasy darling Kobel! 🥳 I like this move!

• Like 1

Third Swiss goalkeeper 😆 Do i see pattern here? 🤪  And its still not the best which is Sommer. I mean Kobel [change the first letter and its my last name 😁] can be better i feel paying for him so much after one good season is a bit gamble. I might be biased but you guys missed out on Dragowski and even Leno is available now that idiots at Arsenal are taking Onana. I can see future that Kobel will not live up to expectations and Dortmund will go after Leno in the winter 🤔

• Haha 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@jerry

Dragowski, Maignan and Lafont were the transfermarkt darlings. 😀 However none of them played Bundesliga before. I liked Kobel when he played for Augsburg in 18/19 and last year he was the 5th best rated keeper by kicker. He's still young and can improve and his voice sounds manly when he's barking out instructions from the back. 👍 Good transfer.

Van Bommel to Wolfsburg, oh my...

And the Smurfs are looking for 15 M Euro for Harit from Villareal. I don't see that. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

2 days until the new 2. Bundesliga season kicks off and it's so quiet here? What's going on? Unibet even has the Smurfs as the favorite to win the 2. Bundesliga at 4.00! It's not going to happen though...

Well, the Smurfs are playing the HSV on Free-TV on Friday, so I might take a look at the grandpas that are playing for them now:

image.png.8bd55f0650b00d29748a906ff7731854.png

And they're getting Drexler from Köln as well. Sad! 

To get back on topic, the BVB is looking exciting this season! We've lost Sancho to United and picked up Kobel from Stuttgart. Donyell Malen is probably going to come as well.

In addition to that, we robbed PSG's cradle with Coulibaly and Kamara. With BVB 2 playing in the 3. Liga this season and the U-19 being absolutely stacked with talent, hopefully a lot of young players can make it into the first team over the next few years.  

With Sancho leaving, this should open up some space for guys like Reyna, Brandt or Moukoko to fill the void. Haaland is looking like a beast after taking the summer off, so I'm looking forward to attractive football in front of spectators again!

• Like 2

Oh, my favourite league of all, goal wise/betting wise. But not since the damn corona. Since then im convinced that match/goals ration went down significantly.

Well, those Schalke additions doesnt seem too bad. I mean those are zugange that will see them 100% relegated after the aufstieg but can you make better ones for trying to survive 2nd Bundesliga ordeal? Kaminski was dreaded upon arrival even in our polish clubs, well some were looking forward to him, but not many 🤪, but he is ok for 2nd Buli, made the aufstieg with Stuttgart more or less as a stammspieler. I dont like that most of that are old players, i would like to see as many young ones as new arrivals. Maybe they have good academy. Hope to see more from Hoppe [see what i have done here😆], that he is a real deal. Unless duo Terodde/Hoppe score at least >30 i dont see them up. It will be solid 5-10 team.

I think FINALLY Hsv will win the league and Werder will follow. Third one can be anyone, even Schalke.

• Like 1

@jerry

Which teams were promoted from the 2. Bundesliga over the last few years?

Paderborn, Union, Bielefeld, Fürth, Bochum. All small teams that haven't played in the Buli ever, just once or 10 years ago. Additionally, we had clubs like Stuttgart and Köln, who're simply too big for the 2. Bundesliga. In this league, it's tough to buy yourself into the Bundesliga, unless you can spend like Red Bull or Köln or Stuttgart.

The Smurfs are broke. They're so broke that they cannot even play Harit, Mascarell and Nastasic tomorrow, because that would kick in certain boni for these players. 🤣 Kabak isn't playing as well, because they weren't able to sell him so far.

A great coach can get you a long way: Baumgart, Matarazzo, Fischer. Is Grammozis a great coach? 

Speaking of Werder, they also are not going to make it! Their GM gave an interview this week stating that he still expects 15-20 transfers until the deadline. 🤡 So basically, after finishing summer preparation, they will lose half their roster and add another half of the roster! Seems like a solid plan! 🤣

• Haha 1

On 7/21/2021 at 10:31 AM, WuDu said:

Haaland is looking like a beast after taking the summer off

Still lot of rumours, maybe Roman will pick his pockets for crazy money. Apparently you are not willing to take Werner as part of deal which is quite crazy too, as part of trade, you would get him for cheap value.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

Still lot of rumours, maybe Roman will pick his pockets for crazy money. Apparently you are not willing to take Werner as part of deal which is quite crazy too, as part of trade, you would get him for cheap value.

Haaland only leaves if someone comes up with an offer we cannot refuse, especially since we took in 85 M for Sancho (minus 15 % for City).

So if Roman wants him, we're talking about 175 M Euro in cash. Werner? 🤣 A counter-attacker that's not a killer in front of the goal? No need for him, especially since we have Moukoko as the long term option at his position.  

Haaland also doesn't look like he's sitting on packed bags, if you ask me:

46 minutes ago, WuDu said:

So if Roman wants him, we're talking about 175 M Euro in cash. Werner? 🤣 A counter-attacker that's not a killer in front of the goal?

Where do you find difference between them? Looks very similar to me. Counters, inside box, empty nets & penalties.

Haaland might do it notch better but that wasnt point but to get Werner cheaply at trade, good season for him, double or trible value and sell him again for some sugar daddy 😄More profit to be made than just getting exact number now or worst settle for 75 M next summer.

Where do you find difference between them? Looks very similar to me. Counters, inside box, empty nets & penalties.

Haaland might do it notch better but that wasnt point but to get Werner cheaply at trade, good season for him

When @psrquack stated that Haaland's value should be roughly 50 M Euro, I thought I had read it all and then you come along...😁

Yeah, very similar indeed!

Like I said before, the BVB doesn't really have trouble scoring on counter attacks. Yes, Werner has speed, however that doesn't help you at all if Mainz 05 or Hoffenheim are parking the bus. The BVB often struggles against these small teams, Werner wouldn't help us at all in that regard.

We're about to pick up Malen, who might be the replacement at center forward once Haaland leaves. Long term, this is Moukoko's job to lose. 

Back to Werner, he's played 11 times in the Buli against the BVB, he scored in just 1 game:

https://www.transfermarkt.de/timo-werner/bilanzdetails/spieler/170527/gegner/16

15 games against Bayern, he scored in two games:

https://www.transfermarkt.de/timo-werner/bilanzdetails/spieler/170527/gegner/27

In the EPL he scored against Southampton, Burnley, Sheffield, Newcastle and West Ham. 

I've already posted about the opponents he scored against playing for the National Team. 

Hudson-Odoi would have been interesting 2-3 years ago, but yeah, I think the BVB can find better players themselves, we don't need for Roman to spoon-feed us his rejects...😀

Edited by WuDu
  • Haha 1