New Web Client - Beta launch

Chris-Unibet

Same setup as above.

I sit at a cash table, then type +1 to get another table, but there is a queue. Much later I click on the tab for the queue table and see that the buy-in window had actually come up but timed out.

The behaviour should be that the buy-in window counts a ""pending move" and bumps that table to the front.

With desktop version 1 a new table (whether from a queue or direct sit-down) buy-in window bumped the table to the front but a "bust out" where the player loses all their money and needs to put some more on the table didn't bump it - some players complained about this in the 2p2 thread but I don't know if it was passed on to you.

In any case the desired behaviour is that the buy-in window and the equivalents (e.g. buy-in, play again, you finished in Xth place windows) for tournaments should bump that table to the front if the user has table prioritzation feature enabled.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ,

Thanks for the feedback.

Accessing the profile: when you click on your alias, from the lobby, it opens a tab where there is a "profile" button. Do you mean that this button isn't obvious enough? Or rather that it shouldn't be accessible this way?

Regarding the background:
- by default, you get the Unibet Open background. However, on your profile, another one is showing. I've reported it.
- if you have an active table and change your background, your active table won't be affected. You'd need to close and reopen your table. In a way, that also allows players to play with different backgrounds on each of their tables if they want too (e.g. if you want to compare them to decide which one you like the most) so I'm wondering if that's a bad thing.
- I've reported the scroll bar thing (where it closes the section)

I agree about the new table behaviour (should be part of the table priority and pops up when you can finally buy-in). I don't think I've seen the "lose all your stack" one but I'll report it too, thanks!

I mean I didn't see that button when I clicked on the alias till just now when you told me it was there :) I think part of the problem is it's hidden under the mouse pointer.

Re: the table background. Yes, it seems its only by default that you get the inconsistency between the actual background and the one the menu system thinks is selected - with the attendant problem that you can't immediately select the other, (I call it the minimalist) one. I tried changing back to the Unibet Open one and it works fine (i.e. the menu system knows its the one selected). 

If you are having trouble reproducing the table background selection window closing itself - it's actually not about going full right. It basically happens when you click and hold down on the scroll bar, then pull it in the direction you want, with your mouse cursor finishing off the window (whether above, below, left or right). If your mouse stays on the scrollbar itself or on the window its fine.

Not sure if this is meant to be happening but I can use https://www.unibet.com/poker/poker-browser-new from the UK to access 2.0.

It works on a fresh install of Firefox 49.0.2, doesn't work on Chrome Version 55.0.2883.28 beta (64-bit) (Error about version not supported) and on Edge showed me the Lobby in an unlogged in state and refreshed about 5 times before crapping out. (I know it's not supported)

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Random things I've noticed so far (all in Firefox):-

• In Profile, when you click on the /\ to show your other aliases the + for adding a new alias is directly under your mouse cursor. Would it not be better to have the X for coming out the menu at the bottom and the + at the top to stop any accidental double clicks?
  • In Profile, Clicking the drop down for the Flops seenrange opens a transparent menu that fades to a grey background really slowly.
  • In Challenges, your current points overlap with the header 'Your points'. The bullet points at the bottom left also appear under the first letter of the point.
  • In Challenges, It would be nice to have Texas Hold'em and Omaha as two tabs you can switch between rather than a drop down.
  • The History tab doesn't follow the same design as the Profile and challenges tabs. I would have expected the hand history stuff to appear under the bar with Profile/Challenges/History and not full window with only a little arrow as 'back'
  • Client is showing the the plain table background in profile but when I go to a table I get the Unibet Open one.
  • In settings I cannot choose a time < GMT + 0 or > GMT +3. This may be because they're not in the beta yet I guess. The scroll bar for moving through the timezones is barely visible though.
  • In the full tournament schedule I see registered MTTs from yesterday and the bar with them in it overlaps the back arrow.
  • I got logged out with inactivity (I'm not playing but I am moving through the menus). When I logged back in it didn't remember any of the settings I made and reverted to default.
  • After logging back in and going back to the full MTT schedule there were no icons on the 'My registered tournaments' to show busts or cashes. After going into one of the lobbies and back out they appeared. There also appears to be no way to get rid of them like in the 1.0 client.
  • There isn't an option to spectate MTT tables.
  • Filtering/searching appears to be very slow. 
  • The Messages and Deposit icons do nothing for me. Might be because I loaded the client direct with the link and not through the main site. Clicking on any of the banners do work and take me to the main site and I'm logged in.
  • When trying to enter a locked MTT when you enter a password that is incorrect a large black rectangle appears at the bottom of the client. When you hit the red X you get 'Message.entering this tournament requires correct password' and then the black rectangle disappears.
  • There are sections to the left and right of any MTT in the My Registered Tournaments bar where you can click (cursor changes to a hand) and when you do the name of the MTT goes from gray to white and then does nothing. It's like a strange toggle.

That's all I got for you so far. :)

Ran out of edit time :(

• Hand strength is underneath cards in PLO
  • Chips sit in front of third flop card partially obscuring the suit of the card if the stack is big enough.
  • The total of the pot appears twice, once above the cards and once next to the chips. The one next to the chips is hard to read on the Unibet Open background. Would rather see the chips above the flop to the left of the big 'Total Pot' label
  • It would be nice to know what set of challenges are represented in the bottom right with a 'PLO' or NLHE' in the middle of the circle.

Got timed out while playing PLO25 with my ticket. It did an automatic login without me needing to do anything and I got the flashing icon to say there was an active table but I couldn't click on it. When I check my profile my PLO25 ticket showed as having €0.00 on it (I assume because it's still classed as being on the table). 

I now can't get on the 2.0 client and expect my Beta journey is over :)

Indeed, there was an issue leading for regulated market players to have access to Web Client for few hours. It has been fixed. I'll go through your report asap and add feedback when needed. Thanks a lot and sorry not to be able to open the doors for you yet. 

When you ought to have 5 tables open (e.g. you pre-register a tournament but in the meantime you have four others open) obviously the 5th table doesn't open because there is not space. When you leave a table (e.g. a cash game you were playing while you wait for the tournament to start) the "waiting table" does not seem to come and fill in the gap - to get it you need to restart the web client (maybe I wasn't patient enough but it didn't seem like it was about to open)

With the v.1 client - at least under android - when you had more than the max of one table open there was a dropdown box where it asked you which one you want. In any case, when you finished a table the "missing" one would open.

I don't know think the dropdown box can be reproduced in v.2 ( it would have to ask which four we want) but the "waiting" table should open when a gap becomes available rather than just going missing.

That should be related to the technical difficulties we experienced earlier today, unfortunately everyone had trouble logging in/staying online - apologies for the inconvenience :sad:

Former Community Manager

I tried it for the first today, played it in Chrome Version 53.0.2785.143 m.
I like the design on the startup screen and the challenges page. I have to play a bit more to get use the layout of the poker table, seeing the bets wasn't as easy as in the stand-alone pc client.

The only bug I could find (not trying too hard) is that when you try sorting the tournament list of tables in different ways, I tried sorting by speed, then start time and then speed again, it was lagging and wasn't displaying correctly, if you scroll a little and wait a while (several seconds) it seems to correct itself, at least a bit. Since you can't filter on turbo/deep etc it was impossible for me to see how many deep tournaments there was today.

The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.
-Eldridge Cleaver

Round 2 :) All observed on Firefox.

• When loading the web client in Firefox I had to give it permission to load an outdated version of Adobe Flash. Does the client use Flash? I thought all the browsers were dropping support for Flash?

BetaBug1.thumb.png.117caa7e2137b3975aff8df394e5d690.png

• Random (i think ante chips) would appear around all the players until the first player acted and then they would disappear
  • The cursor is always a hand, suggesting I can click on things and they will take me places, but they don't.
  • When someone makes a raise it clashes pretty badly with the green background of the basic felt table. Also having the word fold on the table for every play just seems cluttered.
  • When the timebank is counting down I think the band moving at both sides looks weird. I would have expected a race track idea where it goes around the name. Probably personal preference.
  • The time was set to GMT for me in the settings but was showing CET until I actually clicked on GMT in the settings. It seems to pull setting information from the v1 client but not apply some of it correctly. I had the same bug as lektoraj with the table background too. Also, why is the time so big? It looks really out of place with a font that size compared to everything else
  • I like the new MTT info box but I think the boxing glove symbol makes no sense. To me (and this is probably PS's fault) the glove represents knockouts, not players left until you're in the money. I understand the idea of everything being symbols but I just don't think it works here. It might be worth politely borrowing some of the design/layout of the Jivaro HUD MTT info as it's the cleanest I've seen.
  • There are no tooltips for anything (in Firefox anyway). It may be a limitation of the browser but not being able to hover over any icon and find out what it does cannot be a good thing for new players. I always felt I had to click on things to find out what they do.
  • The sit out options button on the MTT table is underneath the MTT info window when it's opened. I think it would make sense to move the MTT info button to the bottom and the sitout options to the top so you can have both open at the same time if required. I also think the sitout options button should be a chair, not 3 dots. Without clicking on it you would have literally no idea what it does if you had not used any poker clients before.
  • You can't click on the hand number to get to the hand history. This is particularly frustrating in cash games as there is no dealer chat now either.
  • I couldn't see anyway in a MTT lobby that showed late reg time left. I may have just missed it.
  • It would be nice if you could see notifications from the table. This won't be an issue on the desktop client but having to leave the table to check them on web is a minor annoyance. 
  • Please add a option in the settings for a simple card deck. I'm not asking for PS level customisation but one other deck with big letters and numbers would be great. I don't get the face card images. The emoji style just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the client for me. Maybe it's just one of those 'nobody likes change' things and I'll get used to it.
  • My cash ticket came up as some strange letter combination 'CHSK25' or something similar when I chose it. Similar to what lektoraj said I think the buy in window should default to selecting a ticket instead of cash for the buy in if you have one available.
  • Also +1 to lektorajs comment on not being able to get from a MTT table to the home page without going MTT lobby > Full MTT lobby > Home. Seems very long winded.
  • The biggest one for me, If you have the window minimised you get no notification that it's your turn to act. I don't have the sounds on so I got timed out multiple times while playing last night. I'm 99% sure the v1 web client blinks when it's your turn to act.

There are probably more but I've forgotten them :)

Just had a quick play with the client.

Screenshot_8.png.9c3436f1c4f840c1a92f00dc75984910.png

The card placement is strange, looks like opponents are trying to hide

The clickable regions to bottom dont stick inside there bounds, I click the circle and get the survey. was same on cash where I had to click as far up as possible to not get the survey.

The scaling in browser is really strange.

Community cards look really pixelated when table is quarter screen size.

Top left writing is blurry when quarter screen size.

Now there is more space on hand cards, numbers could do with being bigger

MTT lobbies still seem like they not taking best advantage of space, cant see that many players/games in the lists.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

Just completed step 5 of the November missions. Got the notifications of getting the tickets fine but the mission icon is stuck on 2/3

Capture1.PNG.e6790b04843f40460b4cecefae399937.PNG

Clicking on the mission button give me this

Capture.PNG.8aa4a01b02041f2dba9a5a3a494408a0.PNG

Going into my profile and back out makes the mission button disappear.

Archived