blog: from 50€ up

taft

100-300 a day, strategy was makin some percent from bookie than go, new machines are working from online so it takes time to get back to winrate 😃  it can take even 24 h to get back to *normal* level, so its better to come next day, after 12 p.m. was kinda nice 😃 fridays and sundays were worst as winrate was rigged

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay. Cool story , I'm definitely a bit of a degen gambler but haven't done too much sportsbetting so far so could only understand some of that :D Thank you  and  :)

181.70€ and 510€ in UO tickets. I was a bit scared to play those 50s, but have played 2 so far and won both, so not too bad. Exchanged one back down to 50s, but am thinking of playing the other 250 one tomorrow in the Wednesday final. Have played the bare minimum of cashgames (15 flops exactly :D), did a few 10€ and 4€ mtts, won a bit, lost a bit, and several 10UOs that I lost.

Have been sort of busy with real life stuff, sadly busted the 250UO final on Wednesday, had a decent stack and then got it in preflop first with kings against a small pair, the small pair hit a set, and then with queens against another small pair which hit a set again :D Oh well. Have only 4 of the 50s left as well, so will exchange back down to 10s I guess.

Some sportsbets today:bets221016.thumb.png.76a1acf7dab542c94cd3ba3aea4c1b54.png

Accidentally bet on Tottenham twice :D It may look like I'm a huge fan, but whatever.

Bleeding Tottenham :D I kept adding small bets on them towards the end of the match, and obviously it ended up a tie. I also withdrew a hundo earlier because I felt I was overrolled for the games I'm playing, so now I'm a bit short I think, but will try to build back up.

Haha, wasn't too right. Had fun anyways. I tried some live action betting as well and turns out I can't even tell what a thing I thought was a thing is called, because seems not to be the thing I thought, because was sure I hit one correctly, but says I lost, so it must have been a different thing. (Sorry for the very vague description but the terms for in game events are slightly different in my native language so no use spelling it out)

I can only deduce from this that I'm not ready for any sort of football betting :D I have had some successful bets in the past but I only placed them where I felt I had some sort of inkling who was winning and how, which is normally not my case :D and may have been accidents anyway.

Ok, I'm done betting for at least a week now, had some fun tonight :) Remaining roll now at 25.57 (withdrew a hundred earlier, so technically have only lost 74.43 lol) Plan is 4 nl, fulfill the requirement for Moving on Up and keep playing my uo tickets, still have plenty.

Congrats on the 250 ticket. That's a very nice hit!

Do you plan to try to qualify for Unibet Open Bucharest or are you going to hold those qualifiers for another event?

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Planning to hold for a bit , I like playing the 50s tbh, I've played 4 so far and won 3 of them, so seems to suit me and I want to collect a decent number of the 250s to feel comfortable trying a final again, I was a bit dissapointed with the way the last one went.

As far as being a nice hit then it certainly is for me considering all this came out of the community freeroll win, didn't have any uo tickets previously :D And now I should have a good chance to turn it into a package at some point. The exchanging down to smaller tickets option is super sweet in Unibet.

Doing very well at 4NL, however placed some wildly unsuccessful and too large (5€ ea) bets on the exact result in a football game, thought I was pretty clever by covering all the exact results that seemed likely to me with bets with large enough odds that if any of them would have happened I would have come out profiting, however none did. Made some back with some successful live bets that I cashed in at the right moment (was pretty lucky that the underdog hit that goal at all,  of course, and I was able to cash in with a nice profit, because I didn't really believe that result would hold, and was right).

Thank you  and  I will try :D Sort of moved up or taking a shot at 10NL, going okay so far, what I've noticed is that people fold, lol. Made about 20€ 4-tabling for the past hour and a half. 

I have now lost the final to the UO package twice, but have 490 worth of tickets still, so there's still hope. :) I don't think I'll try the final again before I'm up to a thousand in tickets, sort of looking to never go broke with them because I think it would be super sweet qualifying for a package and maybe future ones as well all out of participating in that one community freeroll :D

I am actually scared of playing live, having never really done it before (have played with a group of friends but I think that's different) so I am in no special hurry as well, although the event coming up in Bucharest sounds very fun.

What scares you most about playing live? 😃

Dealers usually keep the action flowing nicely, and if anyone gets stupid at the table the 'floor' is always at hand :D

If you're worried about making mistakes etc, like anything you'll be flying along in no time with practice :D

Some basic advice from experience: -

• Always announce verbally your bet size before your chips hit the felt, this way it's hard to make a bet sizing mistake.
  • Remember if you just bet with a single chip it's always a call/limp unless you announce raise no matter how big it is.
  • Never muck your cards until the dealer has announced the winner of the hand.
  • Don't drink too much alcohol.
  • Have fun, many people are quite at the table, but you can have some fun if you want by just interacting a bit.
  • In live mtts the mood is almost always super chilled and happy from my very limited experience also :d

:Thumbsup::Happy:

Good question  :) I think I'm mostly scared about getting confused about bet sizes.

After that I'm also a bit scared of acting out of turn or messing up otherwise regarding the rules, I read the t&c where they describe some of the procedures in case x-happens and that was a lot of x-s to remember to not let happen.

Also might have some general social anxiety and a bit worried whether I give off huge live tells or something, because I'm not used to it.

@taft wrote:

Good question @SkilfulPoker :) I think I'm mostly scared about getting confused about bet sizes.

After that I'm also a bit scared of acting out of turn or messing up otherwise regarding the rules, I read the t&c where they describe some of the procedures in case x-happens and that was a lot of x-s to remember to not let happen.

Also might have some general social anxiety and a bit worried whether I give off huge live tells or something, because I'm not used to it.

Yes you can just take your time, you have as long as you want , until someone calls a 'clock' meaning you have a certain amount of time left to act, so you don't have to insta act every hand.

Acting out of turn can happen sometimes, but the dealer will always move around the table (especially if they are good) and their eyes will usually be on the next person to act, if that person doesn't act they tell them to act because they are slowing down the table, 'it's on you' - so you can just follow them around the table and wait until they get to you if you want.

Also a good cue is when the person on your right acts, of course, then you know it's your turn, sometimes you can come unstuck with this (e.g. a few times guy on my right has acted out of turn and i've insta followed him ha) but it's a useful indicator anyway.

About terms and conditions you don't need to rememeber all the live specific rules tbh, that's what the dealer is for, and sometimes even the dealer doesnt know if it's an unusual situation and then they call the floor.

About giving off huge live tells, i wouldn't worry too much about that, as long as you keep your cards covered. One kind of obvious thing is people tend to talk and get confident if they got a big hand, so maybe be cautious of doing that if you've been quite for the earlier orbits etc, but apart from that am sure no one will be able to soul read you too easily :D

About social aspect, this is just experience for sure, also helps to remember that there are probabally tonnes of people in the same position, not that experienced playing live, and looking for an opportunity to relax. Striking up a brief conversation in between hands with the person on your right or left, will help you relax into the atmosphere I bet, something as simple as "are you from Romania?" or "how did you qualify?" etc

Hope to see you at a future Unibet Open sometime!

Also, since youre a women be prepared for at least a few creepy comments from drunk folks. At least here in Canada thats the case. Certain people shouldn't be allowed alcohol.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

You'll be amazed how much time you actually have per hand to follow the action when you play live. I only played my first live tourney a few months ago and it only took an orbit or two to get into the swing of things. Each hand can take a few minutes so you can follow the action once you're out the hand and see how things work.

Bet sizing is a lot harder to do when you don't have a 1/2 pot button but so long as you can do some rough estimates it shouldn't really matter too much. If someone raises to 180 for example, just make it 200 in your head when trying to work out a re-raise or pot size. Try to follow the hands your not in at the start and do the math in your head for what you think the pot size is and % of the bet and things like that and you'll start to build up go to figures as estimates.

As Skilful said, it can be daunting at first but chances are someone else at your table will be in the same position or there will be a veteran of the live game at your table that will be more than happy to help. Once you've done it once you'll love it :) 

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Thank you for the encouragement  and for the warning  :) 

Ever since I moved to 10NL I've sort of been raking it in, so new goal is 500 flops a day and 100€ profit per day.

Withdrew 78€ so counting up from 200, and 500 by Sunday night would be great.

Archived