October Community League

DavidP_Unibet

Don't know if you've seen NMPfan's post , but David who handles the league is at home sick at the moment, but I'm sure he'll provide an update once he's back at the office - let's hope that he gets well soon!

Former Community Manager

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@HAI_ROMANIA wrote:

Yeah it's really bad cause it's all about professionalism ("The league will run with a monthly leaderboard, with €2 buyin games taking place on Wednesday and Friday evenings at 20:30 CET - your 5 best results each month will count towards the leaderboard, which will be updated in this post every Monday afternoon.). I pay for this tournament and I want to know my place after every tournament like he said .For you it's not important maybe but for me it's important .

You should be grateful you're even allowed to play in these.

Maybe with future leagues we need to set a certain requirement and if you fit that requirement (Make it easy enough that 95+% of the community can reach) then the password will be messaged to you.

You're the last person that should be complaining. You haven't done anything but complain and join a few competitions. (37 posts, 0 likes)

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

• 2 weeks later...
In danger for being seen as a sour old man, I propably should have shut my mouth, but I say it anyway... :-) The Poker League tournaments should be ended. That`s my opinion....Because there is no League...it`s just ordinary tournaments like all the others in the Client. I havn`t played them for a while, because of the lack of info and updates of the standings and such. When you play a Poker League, all the fun and exitment is about how the standings is after each and every game. If you Climb the ladder or you drop Down the tables.... I understand that the one person that follow up the poker League is ill, and this is not any critisism to him, but after so long time, somebody else should have taken over, and at least give some info and updates of the standings. This is not good enough Unibet! If you want a forum to grow, you got to follow up things often, every day.... This forum started up just months ago, totally New....Right now the future for this forum is not great, at least thats my opinon. My tip is to get more administrators to follow up Things you start at least. You cannot depend on only one person. If he is ill or on vacation or something, everything stops up...? I hope you can turn Things around, because this forum has a great opportunity. In the meanwhile I play my pokerleagues elsewhere where I get my updates and excitement fullfilled. No hard feelings though :-)

@MrHalsan wrote:

In danger for being seen as a sour old man, I propably should have shut my mouth, but I say it anyway... :-) The Poker League tournaments should be ended. That`s my opinion....Because there is no League...it`s just ordinary tournaments like all the others in the Client. I havn`t played them for a while, because of the lack of info and updates of the standings and such. When you play a Poker League, all the fun and exitment is about how the standings is after each and every game. If you Climb the ladder or you drop Down the tables.... I understand that the one person that follow up the poker League is ill, and this is not any critisism to him, but after so long time, somebody else should have taken over, and at least give some info and updates of the standings. This is not good enough Unibet! If you want a forum to grow, you got to follow up things often, every day.... This forum started up just months ago, totally New....Right now the future for this forum is not great, at least thats my opinon. My tip is to get more administrators to follow up Things you start at least. You cannot depend on only one person. If he is ill or on vacation or something, everything stops up...? I hope you can turn Things around, because this forum has a great opportunity. In the meanwhile I play my pokerleagues elsewhere where I get my updates and excitement fullfilled. No hard feelings though :-)

I think you don't seem to understand that this is an extra thing they do for you. They shouldn't give away all this extra prizes. 

Why nobody else took over the responsibility here? Because sometimes it can be busy, certainly in periods where a lot of people get ill. It's not that they should hire new people just so they could give away stuff to salty people. 

And if you think the community is falling apart. Then so let it be your opinion. As I can understand I see it growing only, and during my month on here I only had really great experiences. 

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

It`s not about the prizes....Never mentioned anything about prizes.... It`s about following up Things You start. Like the Poker League. I understand that the responible person is paid by Unibet to make this poker section of the forum be as good as it gets... updating the standings in the poker League is not that difficult. any other forum member could help out doing this. I have run my own poker forum for years With many poker Leagues, and I know how important it is to follow up this Things. No critisism to the person that is ill, but it should be easy for any other member to follow up when these Things happens. For free! The first months for this forum was great, but if youre satiesfied With the last month...then good for you :-) Best wishes for David, but it is very fragile if it all Depends on only one person.

Okay, I don't want to get all into this argument in any way, but wanted to just say I appreciate there's a league going on and I'm sure it'll get done eventually.

The reason why you might see more dedication from admins at other forums  might be that they are volunteers, it's their hobby and often people will spend a bunch of their time willingly doing stuff so long as it's something they consider a hobby of theirs. I have actually been surprised that some of the admins here seem to have the same sort of dedication, especially from  and  when exchanging tickets: sometimes within minutes and sometimes within minutes at 2 a.m. in the middle of the night. But this is going above and beyond for something that's a job and I am sure not the only job or the main part of the job for any of the admins here. 

Patience, grasshopper. ;)

You won´t get anything done with your arguments . We got your points last time and nothing changed since then. 

Why don´t you just let it be? Do you think David gets well sooner if you write posts about professionalism, having a great forum or whatever this is about.

As I said before the Community League isn´t his main task, it is probably the smallest part of his job (as far as I can judge 😃 ). I met him in Glasgow and he is such a great guy, he tried to welcome - and probably managed to do it - every single online qualifier in person. You won´t see that at Pokerstars events or ****** 888. And now that he is sick, lets just hope that he gets better soon and that he doesn´t suffer a sickness too severe. 

Please stop writing these posts that say just the same over and over again in different words, nobody wants to read them and nobody agrees with you. If you don´t enjoy the Community league, don´t play it, but don´t badmouth Unibet or this forum again. :peace:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

, appreciate your feedback! I agree with your conclusion; that this hasn't been handled well. I'm at a conference Monday and Tuesday next week, but I'll make sure that Marco or Jeppe get the data needed, so we can make the calculation and give you an update. Going forward we should of course make sure that there's someone who can take over, if David is sick. I haven't read all of your posts (I'm busy making a presentation for the conference but thought I had to reply to this one), but are you also unhappy with the general frequency of updates?

NB Marco, Jeppe and I are online an average of around 155 hours a week. We get paid to work 120 and the 155 of course doesn't include time at conferences, answering emails, attending meetings etc. etc.). 

So you think anyone else on the community should keep the updates? Not as an attack towards you, but maybe you should take that responsibility then? I think you could be able if what you say is true, and you ran a forum somewhere else.

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

@MrHalsan, appreciate your feedback! I agree with your conclusion; that this hasn't been handled well. I'm at a conference Monday and Tuesday next week, but I'll make sure that Marco or Jeppe get the data needed, so we can make the calculation and give you an update. Going forward we should of course make sure that there's someone who can take over, if David is sick. I haven't read all of your posts (I'm busy making a presentation for the conference but thought I had to reply to this one), but are you also unhappy with the general frequency of updates?

NB Marco, Jeppe and I are online an average of around 155 hours a week. We get paid to work 120 and the 155 of course doesn't include time at conferences, answering emails, attending meetings etc. etc.). 

Thank you for youre answer @testuser1. My comments was not ment as critisism towards Jeppe personal at all, like two other forum members are seem to be thinking. I even pointed that out. Anybody can get ill, or be away for several reasons for some time...It`s not his fault he get ill. I understand that you work hard, and i believe you when you say you work much more than you get paid for. No critics too you... I was told by one of the forum members that I was not wanted in here, because I came up With critics about the poker League... Is it really so? If you dare to point out a few Things that you think could be handled better, you got no right to be a forum member?Really? If everybody have the same meaning and everybody is satiesfied, how can you develop? You asked if I was unhappy With the general updates also, but the answer is no. Updates in forum are generally good. It`s the updates in the poker League I find not good enough, for me that is :-)

@VikingsAF wrote:

@MrHalsan So you think anyone else on the community should keep the updates? Not as an attack towards you, but maybe you should take that responsibility then? I think you could be able if what you say is true, and you ran a forum somewhere else.

Not as an attack to you either, but that is a Peace of cake! Of course I could be able to do so, and so could you... The one thing making it difficult to do so at Unibet, is the possibillity to change avatars for each and every game. If everybody had the same avatar throughout the poker League, anybody could calculate the points and update the standings themselves immidiately after the tourneys where finished. No problems!

@GotWhatItTakes wrote:

You won´t get anything done with your arguments @MrHalsan. We got your points last time and nothing changed since then. 

Why don´t you just let it be? Do you think David gets well sooner if you write posts about professionalism, having a great forum or whatever this is about.

As I said before the Community League isn´t his main task, it is probably the smallest part of his job (as far as I can judge 😃 ). I met him in Glasgow and he is such a great guy, he tried to welcome - and probably managed to do it - every single online qualifier in person. You won´t see that at Pokerstars events or ****** 888. And now that he is sick, lets just hope that he gets better soon and that he doesn´t suffer a sickness too severe. 

Please stop writing these posts that say just the same over and over again in different words, nobody wants to read them and nobody agrees with you. If you don´t enjoy the Community league, don´t play it, but don´t badmouth Unibet or this forum again. :peace:

If you really read what i wrote, you see that i never criticized David personally or any other working for the community forum. I just pointed out that Things are very fragile if somebody gets ill or goes on a holiday for that matters. You also said nobody agrees With me, and that I am not wanted at this forum....Really? For just pointing out some Things that could be better, in my opinion? Are you the one that decide who can be a member or not, and what People can say or not? Well, youre wrong about that... Stubbe at unibet answered me, and as you can see, he agrees With me....And he is the Community Manager ;-)

Mr. you are acting like my 1.5 years old nephew . I was watching a bit for what this league is for and i see some prizes.

If you say "is not about money" when actually this is all about i am a parrot , when you say is not about criticism but this is what are you doing i am a rose , when you say you love this forum and is all great only because the moderator was answering in this topic  and before of that you say "right now the future for this forum is not great" , we might have a problem Huston !

Decide what you are trying to say with what are not trying to say cause is the opposite of what you say :)) .Hilarious isn't it? This is how it sounds your words

@MrHalsan wrote:

@GotWhatItTakes wrote:

You won´t get anything done with your arguments @MrHalsan. We got your points last time and nothing changed since then. 

If you really read what i wrote, you see that i never criticized David personally or any other working for the community forum. I just pointed out that Things are very fragile if somebody gets ill or goes on a holiday for that matters. You also said nobody agrees With me, and that I am not wanted at this forum....Really? For just pointing out some Things that could be better, in my opinion? Are you the one that decide who can be a member or not, and what People can say or not? Well, youre wrong about that... Stubbe at unibet answered me, and as you can see, he agrees With me....And he is the Community Manager ;-)

Seriously, I don´t want to go over this again. As it seems you change your opinion as often as David Beckham changes his hair. I never said you are not wanted at this forum. You can´t just make something up for no reason. It looks like you are looking for a fight, I don´t know why though. All I said is, that nobody forces you to play the community league. If you dont want to play it, then just let it be. I never said I am the one to decide who can be a member, I don´t know where you got that from. You wrote the very same thing a week ago and you got an answer. Everything was happy with that answer, but you just restarted it again now. 

I really have better things to do than reading made up stuff, so please keep to the facts. 

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

While his original comment might be a bit too abrasive for my taste I do agree with  that there should be multiple people capable of doing any given task, this feedback isn't hate worthy at all, but I guess the way you originally phrased it made is sound kinda bad (maybe wrose then you intended). The issue is, I'm pretty sure everyone is overworked right now, don't think there is any one slouch that they can say hey you should do this task as well. On the bright side I see Unibet is hiring for a ton of positions right now so the situation will likely get better for everyone soonish. 

As for if I'm happy with the updates, in the league I'm ok with it, the regular updates (when there are no issues) are perfectly fine, 1 update per week (2 tournaments) is ok ... If it were my league yes I would be a stickler for doing updates ASAP just like you, but that's speaking from the perspective of someone that does jack sht all day anyway :) , can't really expect the same from someone that has a million tasks. There should be a way to easily semi-automate this stuff like the regular leaderboards tho, without going through the devs every time. Obviously the general updates on the community are top tier, fast and efficient assitence from the best people in the company, not just a random CS reading from a sheet of answers.

And yeah the problem with the league is the changing aliases, but you also can't really force people to use the same one since it kind of creates more problems than it fixes when people can't really comply with that request, either by forgetting or by playing multiple games. Changing aliases (anonymity) is after all one of the big features of Unibet, seems a bit counter productive to tell people they shouldn't do it. If the new software will have (at some point) a way for you to choose your alias for each tournament separately (when you register) then it would be ok, since most people wouldn't mind knowing eachother the community games, and it won't disturb their regular session either.

Sorry for the ridiculously long delay - I was sick and unable to even check my emails, and so the attempts to get in touch with me to sort out this league and a few other things went unanswered. It didn't help that nobody knew where to find the files relating to the league, so hopefully there'll be a plan for that next time.

The October League finished on 28th October and the final standings are below. Congrats to  on the win!

All prizes should be credited in the next 24 hours - if you finished in the top 5 please send me a private message to let me know which tickets you would like, and  you'll need to also let me know what custom avatar you would like :) I'll start up a seperate thread for the November League.

AliasOverall PointsPrize
Bucharestyay72€250 in tickets + avatar
HaaruneN68€100 in tickets
lugiy22ya68€50 in tickets
donYaro62€35 in tickets
Ihave50outs59€25 in tickets
arcasul57€10 MTT ticket
diibadaaba53€10 MTT ticket
WhiteBelt49€10 MTT ticket
gzjtgf49€10 MTT ticket
cris180246€10 MTT ticket
xEscobaRx45€2 UO ticket
helmapelti44€2 UO ticket
JillianP42€2 UO ticket
Waldid40€2 UO ticket
2NOUD340€2 UO ticket
aurum37€2 UO ticket
acewalkig36€2 UO ticket
GiMiHendrix35€2 UO ticket
Prawno35€2 UO ticket
anndroid34€2 UO ticket
NotaBot32€2 UO ticket
ThePainkiler30€2 UO ticket
IbrulSVK27€2 UO ticket
qeeq24€2 UO ticket
DefaultAlias22€2 UO ticket
zuluss22€2 UO ticket
bigfatdog21€2 UO ticket
111andy11119€2 UO ticket
ZenitSTPete19€2 UO ticket
Mechanic23318€2 UO ticket
ChipLeader1316€2 UO ticket
UhlenPokeeer15€2 UO ticket
Mohomb13€2 UO ticket
Ertegemse11€2 UO ticket
nubandom10€2 UO ticket
wastedaces9€2 UO ticket
hju899€2 UO ticket
RK_958€2 UO ticket
IBradypus8€2 UO ticket
shawni8€2 UO ticket
Lollero17€2 UO ticket
AbFab7€2 UO ticket
PaziHalinka6€2 UO ticket
Smele6€2 UO ticket
LuckyLuke7776€2 UO ticket
NoCondown6€2 UO ticket
MilenaNails6€2 UO ticket
Iw4ntD1ck5€2 UO ticket
Player__15€2 UO ticket
pumppiukko5€2 UO ticket
Benedicta5€2 UO ticket
lu55lu5€2 UO ticket
macgregor5€2 UO ticket
AArow5€2 UO ticket
Arab___Money5€2 UO ticket
l-l-l-l-l4€2 UO ticket
chrisje1124€2 UO ticket
jensapagen4€2 UO ticket
lynnie54€2 UO ticket
Swordfight4€2 UO ticket
PearlsOfMind3€2 UO ticket
MiguelHenri3€2 UO ticket
crikeykenny3€2 UO ticket
YeahBunny3€2 UO ticket
cris1285123€2 UO ticket
sniperxx3€2 UO ticket
BroederTuck2€2 UO ticket
FoldTheDoor2€2 UO ticket
Hogmo552€2 UO ticket
farmerjon1€2 UO ticket
BillyR231€2 UO ticket
Carlavid21€2 UO ticket
Dundee_Dude1€2 UO ticket
Choccycookie1€2 UO ticket
Noobontwitch1€2 UO ticket
POZ1TIVE1€2 UO ticket
-USSR-1€2 UO ticket
vongrundal0€2 UO ticket
Anaatti0€2 UO ticket
RaceGooood0€2 UO ticket
GolfingYoshi0€2 UO ticket
SOUMSOUM0€2 UO ticket
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Archived