H.O.R.S.E. Masterclass

MoreTBC

I'll prefix this with an advance apology if it's not ok to link what I'm away to link but last night Jason Somerville sat down with Daniel Negreanu and talked though Daniel's final table run in the WCOOP HORSE championship. I only watched half an hour or some of the 3 hours but I learned so much from what they were talking about so I thought it was worth sharing with anyone else that might play any of the mixed games. All hole cards are face up so they basically cover every hand whether Daniel was playing or not and talk about the thought process in each hand as if they were playing. Definitely worth a watch if you have teh time or are interested in mixed games.

If the link gets removed just google Jason's twitch channel and it's in the entry in past broadcasts :) 

Watch live video from on www.twitch.tv EDIT: embedded video.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

I watched it as well, it was such a great video. Daniel Negreanu gives us such a good lesson about how to think in those games, so much learning !

It reminds me how sad i am that Unibet doesn't do mixed games though, its so much fun.

Wow thanks man!

Indeed very helpful. Played HORSE for the first time, like a month ago, in the mini-wcoop and went deep but then more then once I came in spots where I had no idea what to do or where I was in a hand. So this is really useful!

One thing though, around the 2h mark in the video Jason talks about JJ5 (and QQ4) being close to 987 in razz when all jacks and fives are dead, or at least 40-60.

If there's one game in HORSE I consider myself pretty good at, it's razz. And I'm pretty sure that those calculations were wrong, it's only 30-70 or even less.

But nevertheless, thanks for the share!

I think he meant Stud and just said the wrong game :) Both simulations come out 60-40.

Edit: Watched it back and they're talking Razz but I can't get the simulations to match. It looked like Jason was doing them live on ProPokerTools so I'm not sure how he got those numbers.

, , , Is there a way to stop embedded videos from auto playing? It freaks me out every time I come into this thread to reply and Daniel's impression of Jason blasts out my speakers 🤣

Archived