The Ryder Cup community competition

JeppeL

euusa.PNG.527d5b9e4548f997a4965a72706a42db.PNG

Though I don’t get to see a lot of golf anymore, the Ryder Cup is something I always enjoy and try not to miss! The Europe vs USA format is unique, and it’s also one of the only golf events where you get to see the very best players play fourballs and foursomes in a highly competitive setting – what better than a community competition for this event!

Though I don’t get to see a lot of golf anymore, the Ryder Cup is something I always enjoy and try not to miss! The Europe vs USA format is unique, and it’s also one of the only golf events where you get to see the very best players play fourballs and foursomes in a highly competitive setting – what better than a community competition for this event!

On Friday and Saturday you’ll have to post two sets of predictions, one for the foursomes and one for the fourballs. For Sunday, only one set of predictions is needed as only single matches are played.

The foursomes are set to start both Friday and Saturday at 14:35 CET while the first fourball will start at 19:30 CET. The fourball pairings aren’t announced until after the early foursomes are finished, so you’ll need to be fairly fast at posting your predictions for the fourballs after they're announced - if your foursome predictions are made after the first foursome group tees off, they will be invalid and not count towards the final score - the same goes for the fourball predictions. 

All participating members of this competition will have to post predictions for the first set of foursomes friday afternoon before 14:35 CET – registration is now closed!

In order for us to keep track of the scoring as easily as possible, please post your predictions in the same way as this example, with the Europeans mentioned first, the Americans last and then at the end who you think wins the matchup:

Foursome/fourball predictions example:

1. L. Westwood – J. Rose vs D. Johnson – P. Mickelson: Europe
  2. S. Garcia – H. Stenson vs. J. Walker – Z. Johnson: USA

Single match prediction example:

R. Mcilroy vs. R. Fowler: Europe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the day 1 foursome matchups(copy/paste these and post your predictions as described above):

H. Stenson - J. Rose vs. J. Spieth - P. Ried

R. Mcilroy - A. Sullivan vs. P. Mickelson - R. Fowler

S. Garcia - M. Kaymer vs. J. Walker - Z. Johnson

L. Westwood - T. Pieters vs. D. Johnson - M. Kuchar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You get 1 point for each correct prediction, which we'll tally together to find the overall winner. 

The teams for tomorrows foursomes have not been announced yet, I'll try and post them as soon as they're made public - whereafter you can post your predictions. 

We’ll decide on prizes, once we see how many members have joined the competition, and submitted predictions for both Fridays foursome and fourballs :Smile:

For any information about the players, teams and groupings, pleas check the official Ryder Cup website - which can easily be googled :)

Terms and conditions: 

- Only one entry per community member
- Unibet reserves the right to change or withdraw this promotion at any time.
- All foursome predictions have to be made before the first group of foursomes start.
- All fourball predictions have to be made before the first group of fourballs start.

Former Community Manager

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@JeppeL wrote:

euusa.PNG.36e270980b475f9835fc46c77f928881.PNG

On Friday and Saturday you’ll have to post two sets of predictions, one for the foursomes and one for the fourballs. For Sunday, only one set of predictions is needed as only single matches are played.

The foursomes are set to start both Friday and Saturday at 14:35 CET while the first fourball will start at 19:30 CET. The fourball pairings aren’t announced until after the early foursomes are finished, so you’ll need to be fairly fast at posting your predictions for the fourballs after they're announced - if your foursome predictions are made after the first foursome group tees off, they will be invalid and not count towards the final score - the same goes for the fourball predictions. 

All participating members of this competition will have to post predictions for the first set of foursomes tomorrow afternoon before 14:35 CET – meaning no late entries.

In order for us to keep track of the scoring as easily as possible, please post your predictions in the same way as this example, with the Europeans mentioned first, the Americans last and then at the end who you think wins the matchup:

Foursome/fourball predictions example:

1. L. Westwood – J. Rose vs D. Johnson – P. Mickelson: Europe
  2. S. Garcia – H. Stenson vs. J. Walker – Z. Johnson: USA

Single match prediction example:

R. Mcilroy vs. R. Fowler: Europe

You get 1 point for each correct prediction, which we'll tally together to find the overall winner. 

The teams for tomorrows foursomes have not been announced yet, I'll try and post them as soon as they're made public - whereafter you can post your predictions. 

We’ll decide on prizes, once we see how many members have joined the competition, and submitted predictions for both Fridays foursome and fourballs :Smile:

For any information about the players, teams and groupings, pleas check the official Ryder Cup website - which can easily be googled :)

Terms and conditions: 

- Only one entry per community member

- Unibet reserves the right to change or withdraw this promotion at any time.

- All foursome predictions have to be made before the first group of foursomes start.

- All fourball predictions have to be made before the first group of fourballs start.

"fourballs","foursomes",are you sure it's golf?LOL

Fear knocked at the door, Faith answered and nobody was there.

Day 1 morning foursomes are up:

Former Community Manager

H. Stenson - J. Rose vs. J. Spieth - P. Ried Prediction: H.Stenson/J.Rose to Win

R. Mcilroy - A. Sullivan vs. P. Mickelson - R. Fowler Prediction: P. Mickelson/R.Fowler to Win

S. Garcia - M. Kaymer vs. J. Walker - Z. Johnson Prediction: J.Walker/Z. Johnson to Win

L. Westwood - T. Pieters vs. D. Johnson - M. Kuchar Prediction: D.Johnson/M. Kuchar to Win

H. Stenson - J. Rose vs. J. Spieth - P. Ried - H.Stenson - J. Rose

R. Mcilroy - A. Sullivan vs. P. Mickelson - R. Fowler - P.Michelson - R. Fowler

S. Garcia - M. Kaymer vs. J. Walker - Z. Johnson - S. Garcia - M. Kaymer

L. Westwood - T. Pieters vs. D. Johnson - M. Kuchar - L. Westwood - T.Pieters

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

H. Stenson - J. Rose vs. J. Spieth - P. Ried  - USA ( J. Spieth - P. Ried )

R. Mcilroy - A. Sullivan vs. P. Mickelson - R. Fowler - USA ( P. Mickelson - R. Fowler )

S. Garcia - M. Kaymer vs. J. Walker - Z. Johnson - Europe ( S. Garcia - M. Kaymer )

L. Westwood - T. Pieters vs. D. Johnson - M. Kuchar - USA ( D. Johnson - M. Kuchar )

"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"

H. Stenson - J. Rose vs. J. Spieth - P. Ried - Europe win

R. Mcilroy - A. Sullivan vs. P. Mickelson - R. Fowler - Europe win

S. Garcia - M. Kaymer vs. J. Walker - Z. Johnson - Europe win

L. Westwood - T. Pieters vs. D. Johnson - M. Kuchar - USA win

Here are my precictions for Ryder cup today, great competition by the way!

Winner: J.Spieth-P.Reed

Winner: R.Mcilroy-A.Sullivan

Winner: S.Garcia-M.Kaymer

Winner: D.Johnsson-M.Kuchar

H. Stenson - J. Rose vs. J. Spieth - P. Ried      EUROPE (H.STENSON-J.ROSE)

R. Mcilroy - A. Sullivan vs. P. Mickelson - R. Fowler    USA (P MICKELSON-R.FOWLER)

S. Garcia - M. Kaymer vs. J. Walker - Z. Johnson      USA (J.WALKER-Z.JOHNSON)

L. Westwood - T. Pieters vs. D. Johnson - M. Kuchar   USA (D.JOHNSON-M.KUCHAR)

Fear knocked at the door, Faith answered and nobody was there.

Hey! Here are my predictions to the foursome/fourball today.

Foursome/fourball

These are the day 1 foursome matchups(copy/paste these and post your predictions as described above):

H. Stenson - J. Rose vs. J. Spieth - P. Ried: Europe

R. Mcilroy - A. Sullivan vs. P. Mickelson - R. Fowler: Europe

S. Garcia - M. Kaymer vs. J. Walker - Z. Johnson: USA

L. Westwood - T. Pieters vs. D. Johnson - M. Kuchar: USA

H. Stenson - J. Rose vs. J. Spieth - P. Ried - H.Stenson - J. Rose

R. Mcilroy - A. Sullivan vs. P. Mickelson - R. Fowler - P.Michelson - R. Fowler

S. Garcia - M. Kaymer vs. J. Walker - Z. Johnson - S. Garcia - M. Kaymer

L. Westwood - T. Pieters vs. D. Johnson - M. Kuchar - L. Westwood - T.Pieters

Get rekt

H. Stenson - J. Rose vs. J. Spieth - P. Ried J. Spieth - P. Ried 

R. Mcilroy - A. Sullivan vs. P. Mickelson - R. Fowler R. Mcilroy - A. Sullivan 

S. Garcia - M. Kaymer vs. J. Walker - Z. Johnson S. Garcia - M. Kaymer