Jump to content

Cards dissapear half way through a hand - players avatars and stack totals dissapear too


JokerKings

Recommended Posts

I was under the impression that the latest software update was going to solve some issues players were experiencing at the tables but thus far I have encountered more?

My cards dissapear half way through a hand - players avatars and stack totals dissapear too (also during a hand)?

On several occasions I have had to leave a table and rejoin because just that single table becomes frozen?

Anyone else having these problems?

Currently grinding from a very strong internet connection on a £2k + gaming PC so the glitch must be in the software?

Please advise Unibet - you guys do such a good job otherwise!

Edit by Jeppe-Unibet: Edited subject title

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi ,

It shouldn't be the case and it's not something we've specifically heard about since the last update.

Magicadil has a thread here on optimization of the poker client, but also try and check out Kasperi's last post here - sounds like that could perhaps be the issue as you're playing on a gaming pc with a powerful graphics card :)

Former Community Manager
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@JeppeL wrote:

Hi @JokerKings,

It shouldn't be the case and it's not something we've specifically heard about since the last update.

Magicadil has a thread here on optimization of the poker client, but also try and check out Kasperi's last post here - sounds like that could perhaps be the issue as you're playing on a gaming pc with a powerful graphics card :)


I will be sure to check it out but it appears his post is regarding Diconnect problems when my issues are more to do with the software glitching and I can't see cards/ opponents (While the game is still running).

Your software worked almost 98% of the time pre-patch but this update is when I started having issues.  I don't understand why I would need to optimise my computer to run software that shouldn't be processor intensive?

Just to clarify my current issues are:

1.) When playing more than one table, tables other than the first I opened will occasionally "crash" where players are removed from the table mid hand (So you can't see player name or stack amount) ALTHOUGH the first table is running perfectly smoothly.  The only fix for this thus far is to leave and return but it is costing me money as anything invested is lost.  I say "crash" but, to be clear, the software is functioning normally apart from the fact players are missing from the table and I lose the ability to bet.

2.) when new players join a running table it can occasionally cause some players who are currently in the hand to dissapear as described above (although the table is still running and invisible players can still bet/call/check as normal).  After the hand is complete things return to normal BUT you cannot size bets/calls properly because you have no reference to the size of your opponents stack.

I am certain I am not the only person running into these issues so it's something you should investigate further.

Hope you get to the bottom of it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Did you see the Kasperi's post as well? It sounds like it could be the issue, that the client somehow re-set as to which of your graphics cards the client is pulling resources from. 

Edit: I'll move the topic to our bug reports board if need be and have someone from the poker team look at it, but like you, i would love if a solution could be found that fixes it for you right away :)

Former Community Manager
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@JeppeL wrote:

@JokerKings Did you see the Kasperi's post as well? It sounds like it could be the issue, that the client somehow re-set as to which of your graphics cards the client is pulling resources from. 

Edit: I'll move the topic to our bug reports board if need be and have someone from the poker team look at it, but like you, i would love if a solution could be found that fixes it for you right away :)


Kasperi's post starts "Lately, I've been noticing a lot of people have been having disconnection problems." I am not having disconnect problems.  I will however try and follow the restof the instructions to see if this works.

Thanks for your time responding on this matter - maybe we will get some more feedback from the rest of the community and see if this is more prevalant than we first thought.

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That one is by Magicadil, the one I'm referring to goes as follows :) :

I have a Nvidia optimus equipped laptop, and when i selected Unibet client to use Nvidia adapter not the internal Intel adapter my problems has magically gone. No client freeces, no disconnections, no problems at all. And client runs much faster now.

Before change when i wasn't doing anything with my computer and client was running in background it just freeces but not anymore. I think there is some issues with Intel graphic drivers in Windows 10 especially with power managment.

Former Community Manager
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@JeppeL wrote:

That one is by Magicadil, the one I'm referring to goes as follows :) :

I have a Nvidia optimus equipped laptop, and when i selected Unibet client to use Nvidia adapter not the internal Intel adapter my problems has magically gone. No client freeces, no disconnections, no problems at all. And client runs much faster now.

Before change when i wasn't doing anything with my computer and client was running in background it just freeces but not anymore. I think there is some issues with Intel graphic drivers in Windows 10 especially with power managment.


Yeah I read that but as I explained - The software DOES NOT FREEZE - It continues to run as normal BUT Players/Cards/Betting buttons are hidden and the game continues as normal.

Maybe other players can use this thread to report similar experiences but I find it hard to believe I am the only one with these issues (and it's strange that this is only a problem since your "Update")

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a well known client wide issue. Best thing if it happens is to quickly close table and reopen it. It's been reported many times before.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is an annoying one because we were planning to leave the bug alone due to 2.0.  It's a client bug related to Adobe Air, so very hard for us to fix.  2.0 would've resolved the problem as it doesn't use Adobe Air.

I've put this back at the top of the bug fix list because of the delay to 2.0, but the delay happened pretty late on in the month, so I suspect it's going to stay in there for at least part of October.  Sorry about that, I agree that it sucks.

Former head of poker @ Unibet
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@Andrew-Unibet wrote:

This is an annoying one because we were planning to leave the bug alone due to 2.0.  It's a client bug related to Adobe Air, so very hard for us to fix.  2.0 would've resolved the problem as it doesn't use Adobe Air.

I've put this back at the top of the bug fix list because of the delay to 2.0, but the delay happened pretty late on in the month, so I suspect it's going to stay in there for at least part of October.  Sorry about that, I agree that it sucks.


Hey guys it's not the end of the world!  Just trying to help the devs out to improve on what I think is already really solid software :D  

I am glad the community echoes what I am saying anyway and it's not just my setup!

Obviously as a player who mutli-tables it's crushing my ability to play more than one table and therefore hindering rake for Unibet too so it should be  priority in my opinion.  When the bug appears mid hand and you can't see what's going on/it costs you the pot it's incredibly frustrating and, as you can imagine, very costly in the long run for anyone trying to consistently grind out a profit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see what you mean . While Andrew did respond on what the poker teams course of action will be regarding the bug(which for these errors IMO is ultimately most important), you are welcome to create a topic on the poker board in the like of asking other members if they've experienced this bug themselves while linking to the topic here - I see no problem with that at all, but as you say yourself, the topic does belong on the bug reports board, because if other members experience a bug they want to report, it's best if there's a clear place and list where they can see if it's been reported previously and what is being done to fix it :)

Former Community Manager
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...