Bye bye Bucharest

ChipsAhoy72

Ouch. Brutal. Look on the bright side though mate, you came very close. And you still have plenty of time to try again.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Its your own fault.. by naming yourself "SoCloseMan" you are just asking for becoming the bubble boy. 😀

But like  already said, there is plenty of time left and everything is still possible. Just choose a different name (something subtle like SHIPTHEUOPACKAGEGODDAMNIT!) and nobody is gonna stop you. :-)

GL us!

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

I think the preflop allin with 9ts was a terrible move. The stacks was equal and there is a plenty of opportunities to win value from that situation. I personally think the standard qualifier structure (10-50-250) is much better to win the seat, but everybody likes the overlay situations. Gl to your next try.

You have to look at effective stacksizes in big blinds, not in absolute numbers. That means they're playing for 10bb stacks.

Risk 9320 to win 1750 seem totally ok with T9s.

Say villain only calls with around 25% of his holdings, any ace, any pair, most broadways and some suited kings (pure assumption for the example) In that case we still have around 40% equity against his callingrange.

In this example we would be making money if our opponent folds more than 40% of the time, and since he's only calling with 25% of his hands, we are therefor making money.

This is a very simplified example, but I just wanted to make you understand that it is not so much about the times they actually call in these spots, but it's about the times they fold.
If you are interested in finding out more about it, google NASH equilibrium and/or fold equity calculators to play around with. Don't just randomly install any program you encounter though :-)

edit: I added a chart of push/fold ranges and calling ranges that are balanced. So basicly, if you apply these ranges to go all-in, you're playing "unexploitable". Do realize that "unexploitable" does not always mean the best expected value (EV). If your opponent fold too much, you should shove more, if he calls too wide, you should shove tighter etc.

aa7b89122d8cb3d72de32ace43bc8683.thumb.png.d6b987a29cf4d5c32930501af7ca7ec9.png

@psrquack wrote:

I think the preflop allin with 9ts was a terrible move. The stacks was equal and there is a plenty of opportunities to win value from that situation. I personally think the standard qualifier structure (10-50-250) is much better to win the seat, but everybody likes the overlay situations. Gl to your next try.

I dont think there is a situation apart from a really ridicilous ICM spot where I am not ripping T9s there. It is such a massive +Ev shove that we have to take it.

I am just a human, the same way a Great White Shark is just a fish.

Archived