Poker Release Notes 3.27

Stubbe-Unibet

Releasenotes327.png.2ca7a5af0e3b36d3e10d8e9ac96229c9.png

Previous release notes can be found here.

Release date: 23rd May (server release 23rd, but this month client release coming later; the 29th)
Next release: 27th June

Biggest changes this month are related to navigation inside the client. This release will bring the biggest UI changes since the release of v3.0. There's now also the option to cancel an active bonus straight in the client, so no need to tag me on here anymore for such requests 🙂 

We're also getting closer to the date where we'll be making changes to the daily specials. In the June release, we're planning to make changes to both the Tuesday and Saturday promotions. If you like HexaPro, you won't be disappointed:

Picture2.png.ffcf3db9d8b1260c5a0e7d2e1474e696.png

Picture1.png.c341ab095950fc9a345e0514f80fd571.png

Promotions

Still running/upcoming from previous release(s):

• High Hand, 8th May  – 4th June
  • HexaPro Daily Race 8th May  – 4th June (4 weeks
  • May Mission    

Included in this release:

• Prize Drop, 19th June – 23rd July (35 days)
  • Affiliate XP Race 1st June -30th June
  • MTT Bankroll Booster Series, 25th June – 2nd July (1 week)
  • June Mission

Coming in next release:

• Summer Bootcamp, 3rd July – 6th August
  • Banzai Flips, 24th July – 27th August
  • Time Based Jackpot Mania, August
  • XP Points Race, 7th Aug – 3rd Sept
  • July Mission
  • August Mission

New features/Improvements

• Navigation changes
    • Main objective has been to never have the game formats more than 1 click away. We've also removed the "player" icon in the footer, for more intuitive access to promotions, bonus shop etc. Several minor changes, some of which I'll show below.

• ‘Player’ icon is gone and the sub sections moved under Gift wrap icon
      nav1.png.16159ae600806d04a11bf3eaa7812c48.png

• We have made sub-navigation vertical instead of horizontal, so they always remain visible and no scrolling needed
      nav2.png.2198e27acde5bb9b6dfb0ccc8fcdfdec.png

nav3.png.b740d348aa3a992885c532e7054b3241.png

• Hand history is now only available as a sub-menu under each game type, but you can view hands from any game type for them all:
      nav4.png.4b6ce99715cba2a4e8500b3a3426b5bb.png

• New bonus cancel option:
      nav5.png.307dc6ba9e10a423b1e250a2016fb69f.png

• New community summer league avatar
    sharksummer.png.e67fcecb13698b816986032cf8d52eb5.png
  • New table background
    piratebg.thumb.jpg.69e823609d27c800e2ac1c3827a90193.jpg

Bug fixes

• Android WEB, when searching for Tournaments you only get number pad. Fixed now so letters can be entered as well. 

Downtime 

We are updating Unibet Poker server side on Tuesday 23/05/2023 05:00-06:00 UTC.

Games will be paused during update.

New SNG tournament creation disabled 1 hour before update.

Update may be finished earlier

• Like 6

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

• 2 weeks later...

1) The Takeoff Tuesday and Straospheric Saturday art is stunning, really nice. I'm very curious about the maths behind the Hexa Jackpot timers, does anyone know where I can see more info on this? Normally for slots and poker games there is a full breakdown somewhere of how exactly the maths works (in some jurisdictions it is actually a legal requirement to display RTP). What I mean by this is if the jackpot is GTD to hit within 800 or 500 or 150 or 50 games, what are the odds of it hitting in the next game? 

2) I like the high hands, annoyingly I thought I won one with a King high straight flush at 100PLO the other day but it was after the promo ended for the night. Absolutely RIP.

3) Been missing the affiliate race, love to see that back.

4) 'Cancel Bonus' option is welcome, also saves Stubbe from responding to 5 messages on it a day.

5) Is there a community event with a UO package as a prize? I vaguely recall reading about that but can't see that here.

6) Shark avatar is cute.

7) The new table background would be great as a desktop background, IDK how people use these as a poker background with cards and chips and avatars in the mix. 6-tabling with a screen full of 'cluttered' backgrounds seems like a recipe for a sextuple dose of conjunctivitis. I assume the only users are guys playing 1 table of 4NL. Personally I cant use anything other than the blandest and simplest backgrounds.

8 )The command 'hack' to dodge the CAPTCHAs that some genius posted on the forums is no longer working for me every time. I am literally moving some of my volume elsewhere simply because every other site / app in existence has near instant log in, so I can open those and be playing 6 tables in the time it takes to fill in 4 of the 20 CAPTCHAs Unibet gatekeeps their site with. I might open Unibet as well but play less tables because I'm already sat in games elsewhere. People who are more capricious will just withdraw everything from Unibet and play elsewhere. Regs who played solely on Unibet will kind of put up with it a bit because they are used to the meta and are tied in for the loyalty scheme for a period. Recreational players will just quit, no rec (esp older less computer savvy ones) is putting up with 20 CAPTCHAs to log in.

9) Asked for poker stats this month 3 times, got two responses both wrong. Try again in June...

10) Idea: some kind of emoji to let people know you are coming back shortly and just on eg. a bathroom break. This would help prevent shorthanded games breaking. Atm if someone sits out HU or 3 handed the game very frequently breaks because nobody wants to sit for up to 8 minutes wondering if the player is returning. You also get games breaking because maybe in a 4 handed game one guy sits out, someone won't play 3 handed, someone else wont play HU and the entire game breaks. ATM you have no clue if the guy is gone for 15 seconds and will then return, or if he has no intention of returning and will just block the seat for 8 minutes until the software auto stands him. Curious what other people think of this, its less of an issue at lower stakes but some stakes like 200NL especially are very very fragile off peak and anything to keep games running has to be good. Lower stakes there's loads of volume and people doing whatever low stakes players do, 400NL regs are chasing rewards and are more comfortable battling, 200NL is recs and then 50 or 100 regs shot taking and they refuse to pay rake to play each other. 200NL is actually kind of a weird stake for a few reasons (eg. the bootcamps screw with 200 very very hard) but the ecology of 200NL is a topic for another post.

GL everyone!

• Like 4

I really like the 10th point and i think will be very handy and useful. A sort of BRB (be right back) would let people know you are back in a short period 👍
On the other side I don't know how much it takes to implement this feature

• Like 2

On 5/28/2023 at 10:04 AM, Wizard said:

1) The Takeoff Tuesday and Straospheric Saturday art is stunning, really nice. I'm very curious about the maths behind the Hexa Jackpot timers, does anyone know where I can see more info on this? Normally for slots and poker games there is a full breakdown somewhere of how exactly the maths works (in some jurisdictions it is actually a legal requirement to display RTP). What I mean by this is if the jackpot is GTD to hit within 800 or 500 or 150 or 50 games, what are the odds of it hitting in the next game? 

2) I like the high hands, annoyingly I thought I won one with a King high straight flush at 100PLO the other day but it was after the promo ended for the night. Absolutely RIP.

3) Been missing the affiliate race, love to see that back.

4) 'Cancel Bonus' option is welcome, also saves Stubbe from responding to 5 messages on it a day.

5) Is there a community event with a UO package as a prize? I vaguely recall reading about that but can't see that here.

6) Shark avatar is cute.

7) The new table background would be great as a desktop background, IDK how people use these as a poker background with cards and chips and avatars in the mix. 6-tabling with a screen full of 'cluttered' backgrounds seems like a recipe for a sextuple dose of conjunctivitis. I assume the only users are guys playing 1 table of 4NL. Personally I cant use anything other than the blandest and simplest backgrounds.

8 )The command 'hack' to dodge the CAPTCHAs that some genius posted on the forums is no longer working for me every time. I am literally moving some of my volume elsewhere simply because every other site / app in existence has near instant log in, so I can open those and be playing 6 tables in the time it takes to fill in 4 of the 20 CAPTCHAs Unibet gatekeeps their site with. I might open Unibet as well but play less tables because I'm already sat in games elsewhere. People who are more capricious will just withdraw everything from Unibet and play elsewhere. Regs who played solely on Unibet will kind of put up with it a bit because they are used to the meta and are tied in for the loyalty scheme for a period. Recreational players will just quit, no rec (esp older less computer savvy ones) is putting up with 20 CAPTCHAs to log in.

9) Asked for poker stats this month 3 times, got two responses both wrong. Try again in June...

10) Idea: some kind of emoji to let people know you are coming back shortly and just on eg. a bathroom break. This would help prevent shorthanded games breaking. Atm if someone sits out HU or 3 handed the game very frequently breaks because nobody wants to sit for up to 8 minutes wondering if the player is returning. You also get games breaking because maybe in a 4 handed game one guy sits out, someone won't play 3 handed, someone else wont play HU and the entire game breaks. ATM you have no clue if the guy is gone for 15 seconds and will then return, or if he has no intention of returning and will just block the seat for 8 minutes until the software auto stands him. Curious what other people think of this, its less of an issue at lower stakes but some stakes like 200NL especially are very very fragile off peak and anything to keep games running has to be good. Lower stakes there's loads of volume and people doing whatever low stakes players do, 400NL regs are chasing rewards and are more comfortable battling, 200NL is recs and then 50 or 100 regs shot taking and they refuse to pay rake to play each other. 200NL is actually kind of a weird stake for a few reasons (eg. the bootcamps screw with 200 very very hard) but the ecology of 200NL is a topic for another post.

GL everyone!

Great feedback as always 🙂

1) No, the exact math isn't published anywhere. It's also worth noting we're making changes to this. The specifications for the new daily specials are quite different to the jackpots that run during the World Cup - they're better this time, from a player perspective (hitting earlier, on average).

5) The community summer league (expecting to announce it in a couple of weeks, with a start early July) will have a Unibet Open package as top prize!

7) I'm one of the weirdos 😄 I used to use the old kids room one... But I agree no one playing lots of tables will be using the really busy ones. I just think we've already got a pretty good selection of "grinder tables"; if you've got ideas for some new ones, please let me know!

8 ) We will soon be releasing an improvement, but it won't be a proper fix. We're working on a fix as well, but can't say anything about when that will come. Agree it's obviously really terrible for those that are affected - which is far from everyone.

9) One for @Marion-Unibet to look into

10) I'd say it's quite likely we'll be moving away from bootcamps and to some extent also HexaPro races, as we're now spending a rather significant amount of money on the bi-weekly bonuses, which is essentially a sort of personalized bootcamp/race (obviously without the leaderboard aspect). For HexaPro we just don't have a good alternative, so we'll need to develop a new promo format (a format that still offers decent value to regs but where recs also have a realistic shot at winning something). For cash game we're also somewhat limited with the alternatives; we got high hand and prize drops. 
As for the emoji, I agree and we did actually have a BRB in the plans at one point. Will check what happened to that one.

@HardGain Great idea with the 'BRB'.  Is 'BRB' somewhat well understood in Europe among non-native English speakers or are there equivalent acronyms in other languages? Someone help, I dropped out of French...

@Stubbe-Unibet 

1) You already know this but what I assume is happening (just based on how fast the counter moves) is not that many people play when the counter is at ~700, more people play at ~300 and then many people who never normally play them will mass multitable once its ~100 games left to attempt to 'snipe' the jackpot. The balance of how often it hits at higher multipliers doesn't necessarily impact how good it is for the guys sniping once its 100 games left to hit (it will reach 100 less often but once the snipers sit they are more likely to hit the jackpot faster). Though it does make things way better for recs who don't understand the meta in that they have more of a chance to win when they sit with a jackpot GTD in the next 700 games. The guys who just play 10 games when the jackpot is GTD within 700 games and then quit are donating massively EV wise vs the guys who sit later. For me personally I would be happy if the counter just went down to 100 and I mass tabled them, but I realise screwing over the randoms who ignore the jackpot counter meta is not ideal for the site xD.

5) Sick

7) Let me fire off Microsoft Paint and have a go...

10A) Interesting stuff, honestly I was not a fan of the bootcamps. I play a variety of stakes so I would very very rarely win anything from the bootcamps despite raking 3-6k a month and I think it made the games noticeably worse as there would be the same handful of nitregs playing every single table of 50NL and 100NL every single night. They purely reward high volume regs who play eg. 50NL and 100NL, or only 400NL, in high volume, every day. I cant imagine many recs are putting in like 6h a night every night of 100NL 100PLO to place in the low race. I mean there will be weak regs who b/e in game and win rewards but those guys tend to be nitty and terrible for the games (400NL I think is different there are some guys playing a ton who are very LAG, with varying levels of ability).

10B) Hexapros IDK about because I only really play them to spend my bonus points, its never been the main focus. What might be good is some kind of rebate for people having big losing stretches in them. If you run super good in hexas you dont really need a reward and if you run bad (reg or rec) then a rebate would be great. I dont really play hexas above 25s (even though I play 200NL every single day) because the hexa swings are just so massive and its so depressing just playing eg. 100 Euro hexas for an hour, play 25 games win 7 and be down 1.5k. Some kind of rebate promo where the people losing the most and running the worst in multipliers get some kind of rebate would be cool, lots of different ways to do this I guess. I realise this may be complicated to set up to avoid people gaming it and wrt responsible gaming issues.

10C) Cash game rewards are tough in that it is very very hard to create rewards that are meaningful both to low volume recs and high volume regs. Rewards that make the games better  >>> rewards that make the games nittier. Intuitively I would want to offer more rewards for losing hands, losing big pots etc rather than stuff like the high hands that reward winning. Similarly the rewards for seeing flops > rewards for pure number of hands (including hands folded pre). Some kind of reward linked to high VPIP and aggression would be really cool because this incentivises action. Higher VPIP means higher RB????? This would be sick as it encourages action, punishes nits, rewards loose splashy players and make the games better. 

11) Final bonus observation: it is quite common for sites to cast the major final tables and the giant jackpot sng multipliers. By this I mean a cards up replay on YouTube of the final tables / jackpot sngs with commentary. Sometimes with interviews with the winners as well. I can't see Unibet doing this anywhere (please correct me if I'm wrong). The marketing value from showing the big wins is fairly significant IMO. ATM when some lad wins 10k in a 100 Euro Hexa there is a tiny popup in the lobby and then it seems to just disappear into the void (there might be an archived final hand buried in the gamelab but its not exactly well promoted). A random punter can win 10 grand on Unibet and instead of this being a headline advertisement it is essentially hidden.  Same for the big Sunday tournaments. There must be people who satty into the 250 supermoon, win, and then this sick story is kind of lost into the ether. This casting is also really easy content to produce because Unibet already has the full HHs. It isn't like a live poker set or something requiring a studio. Has Unibet considered casting the bigger final tables or Hexas?

If you don't have anyone available for casting these regularly I would be interested in doing this. I play 100NL-200NL full time and have experience in creating content eg. coaching, blogging, vlogging, moderating a poker forum etc. I don't just post guff on the forums xD. 

Run good everyone.

On 5/30/2023 at 7:56 AM, Wizard said:

@HardGain Great idea with the 'BRB'.  Is 'BRB' somewhat well understood in Europe among non-native English speakers or are there equivalent acronyms in other languages? Someone help, I dropped out of French...

@Stubbe-Unibet 

1) You already know this but what I assume is happening (just based on how fast the counter moves) is not that many people play when the counter is at ~700, more people play at ~300 and then many people who never normally play them will mass multitable once its ~100 games left to attempt to 'snipe' the jackpot. The balance of how often it hits at higher multipliers doesn't necessarily impact how good it is for the guys sniping once its 100 games left to hit (it will reach 100 less often but once the snipers sit they are more likely to hit the jackpot faster). Though it does make things way better for recs who don't understand the meta in that they have more of a chance to win when they sit with a jackpot GTD in the next 700 games. The guys who just play 10 games when the jackpot is GTD within 700 games and then quit are donating massively EV wise vs the guys who sit later. For me personally I would be happy if the counter just went down to 100 and I mass tabled them, but I realise screwing over the randoms who ignore the jackpot counter meta is not ideal for the site xD.

5) Sick

7) Let me fire off Microsoft Paint and have a go...

10A) Interesting stuff, honestly I was not a fan of the bootcamps. I play a variety of stakes so I would very very rarely win anything from the bootcamps despite raking 3-6k a month and I think it made the games noticeably worse as there would be the same handful of nitregs playing every single table of 50NL and 100NL every single night. They purely reward high volume regs who play eg. 50NL and 100NL, or only 400NL, in high volume, every day. I cant imagine many recs are putting in like 6h a night every night of 100NL 100PLO to place in the low race. I mean there will be weak regs who b/e in game and win rewards but those guys tend to be nitty and terrible for the games (400NL I think is different there are some guys playing a ton who are very LAG, with varying levels of ability).

10B) Hexapros IDK about because I only really play them to spend my bonus points, its never been the main focus. What might be good is some kind of rebate for people having big losing stretches in them. If you run super good in hexas you dont really need a reward and if you run bad (reg or rec) then a rebate would be great. I dont really play hexas above 25s (even though I play 200NL every single day) because the hexa swings are just so massive and its so depressing just playing eg. 100 Euro hexas for an hour, play 25 games win 7 and be down 1.5k. Some kind of rebate promo where the people losing the most and running the worst in multipliers get some kind of rebate would be cool, lots of different ways to do this I guess. I realise this may be complicated to set up to avoid people gaming it and wrt responsible gaming issues.

10C) Cash game rewards are tough in that it is very very hard to create rewards that are meaningful both to low volume recs and high volume regs. Rewards that make the games better  >>> rewards that make the games nittier. Intuitively I would want to offer more rewards for losing hands, losing big pots etc rather than stuff like the high hands that reward winning. Similarly the rewards for seeing flops > rewards for pure number of hands (including hands folded pre). Some kind of reward linked to high VPIP and aggression would be really cool because this incentivises action. Higher VPIP means higher RB????? This would be sick as it encourages action, punishes nits, rewards loose splashy players and make the games better. 

11) Final bonus observation: it is quite common for sites to cast the major final tables and the giant jackpot sng multipliers. By this I mean a cards up replay on YouTube of the final tables / jackpot sngs with commentary. Sometimes with interviews with the winners as well. I can't see Unibet doing this anywhere (please correct me if I'm wrong). The marketing value from showing the big wins is fairly significant IMO. ATM when some lad wins 10k in a 100 Euro Hexa there is a tiny popup in the lobby and then it seems to just disappear into the void (there might be an archived final hand buried in the gamelab but its not exactly well promoted). A random punter can win 10 grand on Unibet and instead of this being a headline advertisement it is essentially hidden.  Same for the big Sunday tournaments. There must be people who satty into the 250 supermoon, win, and then this sick story is kind of lost into the ether. This casting is also really easy content to produce because Unibet already has the full HHs. It isn't like a live poker set or something requiring a studio. Has Unibet considered casting the bigger final tables or Hexas?

If you don't have anyone available for casting these regularly I would be interested in doing this. I play 100NL-200NL full time and have experience in creating content eg. coaching, blogging, vlogging, moderating a poker forum etc. I don't just post guff on the forums xD. 

Run good everyone.

1) Yes, that is a somewhat accurate summary of the player behavior. This is also why we've decided to have the jackpots hit earlier than before, so less of the value goes to the most extreme "snipers" opening max tables when counter gets all the way down to for instance 5 minutes.

7) I'm waiting for that epic paint design 😄 you don't need to prepare anything visually; an idea in writing or stealing a picture from google would be enough 🙂

11) agree this content would be nice! Just not easy to do with current internal setup. Guess I could make a template in after effects, but that'd only really be for single hand replays (like last hand of 1000x hexa). For entire final table or HexaPro, I don't see a good way to do it by simply copy and paste of hand history, with the resource constraints we currently have in this area (not sure I'd personally be able to build this; at least not without doing a bit of studying first 😄 ). What exactly did you have in mind here, in terms of technical solution for easily creating a video of say full hexapro tournament?

Hi, @Wizard @Stubbe-Unibet

so i don't really agree that bootcamps are bad and attract nitty regs, i would say its quite the opposite, atleast on NL200/400.
In my experience ( 2M+ hands NL200 & NL400  last 4 years on unibet) during bootcamps there are always a few regs including myself sometimes lol,  playing
way out of line, trying to VPIP to many hands especially butons, too many tables and chasing rewards, playing for too long and spewing etc.
Therefore traffic is always great during bootcamps, alot of table starting, many tables usually run  just regs without recreationals--pokersites dreams :).

The promo itself is designed to encourage volume and looser 
play, it makes sense if you see how some points are given:

-Reach the flop with at least three other players
-Reach the flop in two consecutive hands
-Play a hand for the button and win or split the pot
-Be dealt a straight flush

I understand some people don't play much, or mix stakes and can't win alot if anything from bootcamp, but  thats how most promos work.
Of course someone working more and risking more is gona be rewarded more. Even if we have promo like random prize drops, someone that plays more
is going to have better chances of getting prizes, thats just how it works.

No promotion is perfect, i agree that there are  downsides like if you play stake in between like nl200, its harder to compete vs guys who play nl400 only.
And the recs are unlikely to make payouts.

But if we care for recs, what do we think its best for them, if they play during bootcamps against like 50 players in pool, 
who are playing poor in general, making alot of mistakes, or is better without bootcamps, lower rewards, where everyone plays less tables, 
focused, primarily targeting recs only ? Isn't that way worse for games/recs ?

If we keep lowering RB, rewards and even promos that encourage higher volume and rb play, then longterm its very likely traffic will fall alot,
and tables will run only around recreationals like on most main sites, well atleast legit ones. Games are getting tougher and tougher every day so why
else would regs play eachother only on many tables, if not for good rewards/promos.  And im afraid promos like  "rake 7000 get 350"  won't be enough .

Love it or hate it, i would say bootcamp is probably the best and most successful promo for what is supposed to do-encourage volume and looser play.

1 hour ago, bctrips said:

Hi, @Wizard @Stubbe-Unibet

so i don't really agree that bootcamps are bad and attract nitty regs, i would say its quite the opposite, atleast on NL200/400.
In my experience ( 2M+ hands NL200 & NL400  last 4 years on unibet) during bootcamps there are always a few regs including myself sometimes lol,  playing
way out of line, trying to VPIP to many hands especially butons, too many tables and chasing rewards, playing for too long and spewing etc.
Therefore traffic is always great during bootcamps, alot of table starting, many tables usually run  just regs without recreationals--pokersites dreams :).

The promo itself is designed to encourage volume and looser 
play, it makes sense if you see how some points are given:

-Reach the flop with at least three other players
-Reach the flop in two consecutive hands
-Play a hand for the button and win or split the pot
-Be dealt a straight flush

I understand some people don't play much, or mix stakes and can't win alot if anything from bootcamp, but  thats how most promos work.
Of course someone working more and risking more is gona be rewarded more. Even if we have promo like random prize drops, someone that plays more
is going to have better chances of getting prizes, thats just how it works.

No promotion is perfect, i agree that there are  downsides like if you play stake in between like nl200, its harder to compete vs guys who play nl400 only.
And the recs are unlikely to make payouts.

But if we care for recs, what do we think its best for them, if they play during bootcamps against like 50 players in pool, 
who are playing poor in general, making alot of mistakes, or is better without bootcamps, lower rewards, where everyone plays less tables, 
focused, primarily targeting recs only ? Isn't that way worse for games/recs ?

If we keep lowering RB, rewards and even promos that encourage higher volume and rb play, then longterm its very likely traffic will fall alot,
and tables will run only around recreationals like on most main sites, well atleast legit ones. Games are getting tougher and tougher every day so why
else would regs play eachother only on many tables, if not for good rewards/promos.  And im afraid promos like  "rake 7000 get 350"  won't be enough .

Love it or hate it, i would say bootcamp is probably the best and most successful promo for what is supposed to do-encourage volume and looser play.

@bctrips appreciate the feedback. We won't make any changes before it's been looked at in more detail, from a data perspective. We don't have to speculate about how games are impacted in terms of VPIP or nitty behavior; we have that data 🙂

@bctrips Very good comment, I defer to you wrt 400NL as I'm sure you know more about the 400NL meta than me.

Your point about games not just solely running around rec players is huge. I see on other sites games where a reg is sat on a table for ages with nobody else sitting, eventually a rec sits and 2 mins later the entire table is full of regs, then one the spot busts the game breaks almost instantly. This isn't just high stakes either, I have seen this at at stakes as low as 100NL on certain specific sites / dodgy app clubs. Unibet has done a really good job of making sure that this isn't the meta here. 

FWIW I wasn't suggesting simply canning bootcamps without a similar big promo, I agree that rewards are super important. You can see the difference between rewards vs no rewards sometimes when a site / club sometimes offers no rewards and then a month later has some kind of promo on. Its like night and day, suddenly when there is a prize for raking more then people want to battle not bumhunt.

@Stubbe-Unibet  Disclaimer: I am not hugely tech illiterate and also can only see a partial picture (I can see what users see not what Unibet management has access to). When I finish a hexapro I can open the replayer and watch every hand in order, seeing my own hole cards. I assumed there was an equivalent version for management with all the hole cards face up. I was apparently wrong xD.

I have no clue how much of an effort it would be to create a cards up replayer that can work through an entire Hexa / FT hand by hand. As you said it already exists for the final hand in the game lab so IDK how much extra work it is to add the rest of the tournament. You might have to ask a full time developer, I genuinely have no idea if this would take 1 hour or 6 months of developer time. On the plus side this would have numerous uses, I assume it would be the most intuitive way to view tournaments / hexas / sngs internally. Eg. If I worked for Unibet and I was reviewing a final table for potential collusion / botting / cheating then viewing the hand histories in turn in a replayer would be the most intuitive way to look for anomalies. Viewing everything in raw text would be pretty challenging.

When I suggested this I was imagining receiving either:

1) A video of the entire Hexa / FT with hole cards up.

2) A link to some kind of replayer of the event so I can click through the actions myself.

Does Unibet have a cards up replayer for individual hands?

If you have that then its doable.

Its possible to play a HH in one window, then cut to playing the next HH in a fresh window, then the next HH in a third window and on and on. This would be kind of finnicky to do but it could be edited down in OBS or whatever video editor to make it smooth such that the transition from one hand finishing to the next starting is instantaneous, as if its just one long replay. The viewer of the final product wouldn't even know what had happened it would just look like eg. 25 hand histories that progress naturally.

I realise that this would be quite slow to do, specifically the process of using editing software to cut the transition from one hand to another. It is completely doable though.

I'm not sure if I understand this correctly / have explained this coherently so let me know if this makes any kind of sense. I never claim to be a tech expert xD.

7 hours ago, Wizard said:

@bctrips Very good comment, I defer to you wrt 400NL as I'm sure you know more about the 400NL meta than me.

Your point about games not just solely running around rec players is huge. I see on other sites games where a reg is sat on a table for ages with nobody else sitting, eventually a rec sits and 2 mins later the entire table is full of regs, then one the spot busts the game breaks almost instantly. This isn't just high stakes either, I have seen this at at stakes as low as 100NL on certain specific sites / dodgy app clubs. Unibet has done a really good job of making sure that this isn't the meta here. 

FWIW I wasn't suggesting simply canning bootcamps without a similar big promo, I agree that rewards are super important. You can see the difference between rewards vs no rewards sometimes when a site / club sometimes offers no rewards and then a month later has some kind of promo on. Its like night and day, suddenly when there is a prize for raking more then people want to battle not bumhunt.

@Stubbe-Unibet  Disclaimer: I am not hugely tech illiterate and also can only see a partial picture (I can see what users see not what Unibet management has access to). When I finish a hexapro I can open the replayer and watch every hand in order, seeing my own hole cards. I assumed there was an equivalent version for management with all the hole cards face up. I was apparently wrong xD.

I have no clue how much of an effort it would be to create a cards up replayer that can work through an entire Hexa / FT hand by hand. As you said it already exists for the final hand in the game lab so IDK how much extra work it is to add the rest of the tournament. You might have to ask a full time developer, I genuinely have no idea if this would take 1 hour or 6 months of developer time. On the plus side this would have numerous uses, I assume it would be the most intuitive way to view tournaments / hexas / sngs internally. Eg. If I worked for Unibet and I was reviewing a final table for potential collusion / botting / cheating then viewing the hand histories in turn in a replayer would be the most intuitive way to look for anomalies. Viewing everything in raw text would be pretty challenging.

When I suggested this I was imagining receiving either:

1) A video of the entire Hexa / FT with hole cards up.

2) A link to some kind of replayer of the event so I can click through the actions myself.

If you have that then its doable.

Its possible to play a HH in one window, then cut to playing the next HH in a fresh window, then the next HH in a third window and on and on. This would be kind of finnicky to do but it could be edited down in OBS or whatever video editor to make it smooth such that the transition from one hand finishing to the next starting is instantaneous, as if its just one long replay. The viewer of the final product wouldn't even know what had happened it would just look like eg. 25 hand histories that progress naturally.

I realise that this would be quite slow to do, specifically the process of using editing software to cut the transition from one hand to another. It is completely doable though.

I'm not sure if I understand this correctly / have explained this coherently so let me know if this makes any kind of sense. I never claim to be a tech expert xD.

We of course have the full hand history 😉 but there's a loooong way from having a text format hand history to an epic video playback of the hand - I'm not talking replayer style here, but proper playback of the hand how it actually looked in real-time. For HexaPro, the lottery is of course key as well. I'd want a nice win screen when tournament ends etc.

Possible I'm just complicating things here for little extra value 🙂

Yeah you gotta have that beautiful gold background. It feels incredible to see that, or I assume it will do when I actually hit the 1000x.

RIP, this might be one of those daydreams that is kind of good in theory but where the technology just isn't there yet. IDK, maybe in some random future update there will be a need for a perfect universal cards up replayer and it becomes possible.

Solution: I will fire up OBS when I finally hit the 1000x multiplier and cast my own win. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GothMoth said:

Sorry to be the whining one, but I find the new navigation way worse.

@GothMoth absolute fine to be whining. Would appreciate if it was at least a little constructive though 😅 from past feedback I do remember you're not a huge fan of change 😉

@Stubbe-Unibet I was just was planning to start my session, when saw and deciced to give quick non-constructive feedback 😃

And you are right about the changes, but if they are beneficial for me and most of the players, I'll welcome them happily.

However during the past few years they have been mostly bad imo, esp. the payouts distribution, which costed me thousands already.

There are great things, for sure too, but mostly in the promos.

And the biggest "bonus" is the constant number of weak players. Even Supernova(I played it around dozen times in the recent years) and Supermoon are full of total donks...

Tonight I managed to last till the last hand before the break and won €622! I qualified by freeroll this time and centrolls before when just won a bounty and was 2-outed The first time was via community promo when lost with nut FD AI vs 2 players in the first hand.

So this promos are great if you are active player/member and I'm very thankfull to you for it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GothMoth said:

@Stubbe-Unibet I was just was planning to start my session, when saw and deciced to give quick non-constructive feedback 😃

And you are right about the changes, but if they are beneficial for me and most of the players, I'll welcome them happily.

However during the past few years they have been mostly bad imo, esp. the payouts distribution, which costed me thousands already.

There are great things, for sure too, but mostly in the promos.

And the biggest "bonus" is the constant number of weak players. Even Supernova(I played it around dozen times in the recent years) and Supermoon are full of total donks...

Tonight I managed to last till the last hand before the break and won €622! I qualified by freeroll this time and centrolls before when just won a bounty and was 2-outed The first time was via community promo when lost with nut FD AI vs 2 players in the first hand.

So this promos are great if you are active player/member and I'm very thankfull to you for it!

Let's keep this thread about the latest release 😉

So what about the navigation don't you like? The primary changes are:

• You have now always got the game types available at the top; before they'd disappear from header and be moved to footer in some case, which caused confusion.
  • Instead of having a profile section with a mix of stuff like loyalty, bonus shop, tickets and hand history (hidden behind an icon in the footer), we moved all the bonus/promo related items under the promo icon players will know from the main site. So now you can access both loyalty and promotions from the same icon, instead of it being located two completely different places.
  • There is no longer any horizontal scrolling in the client

Which part in particular are you struggling with? 

On 6/1/2023 at 2:36 PM, Wizard said:

I asked multiple 3rd party replayers if they would add support for Unibet HH and none of them saw any value in it due to lack of demand. 

I don't think it's worth us building it because nobody (population) wants to watch 9 random aliases play a FT. That's why we never streamed the online UO FTs or anything like that.

From a fraud perspective, collusion detection is far more sophisticated than manually going through every hand reading the text history. Moving to some sort of cards up replayer would be slowing down the fraud team. 

Edited by Andy-Unibet
  • Like 1

Poker Janitor

On 6/5/2023 at 9:46 AM, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Which part in particular are you struggling with? 

The whole thing seems messed up, but maybe it's just me or I'll adapt, so relax - no detailed-mode is following 😃

Actually I hate the vertical, so very detailed and wrongly placed combo icon, which reveals right behind the buttons on the 9th table when in 3x3 tiling mode(in my set-up).

menu.png

Edited by GothMoth

The thing I don't like the most about the new release is how the table theme changes.
It used to be like this: If you go to the table theme settings from the main menu and select a theme, then this theme was applied to all future open tables. BUT. If you go into table theme settings from the settings menu while sitting at the table to change the theme of THIS table, all future tables will NOT apply that theme. And that was good, you could change the theme of a particular table and it wouldn't affect future open tables.

And now a new tournament starts with the latest theme setting, no matter where I make that setting, whether it's from the table menu or the main menu.
I don't know why it was changed. In general, I want a faster change of the theme of a particular table. I'm used to noticing tables on babble, in ITM, on finals, satellites, etc. It is quite inconvenient to do this on Unibet, but I understand that it is important for a fairly small percentage of players, so I am unlikely to wait for this.

Edited by SShcherbyna

On 6/7/2023 at 8:05 PM, SShcherbyna said:

The thing I don't like the most about the new release is how the table theme changes.
It used to be like this: If you go to the table theme settings from the main menu and select a theme, then this theme was applied to all future open tables. BUT. If you go into table theme settings from the settings menu while sitting at the table to change the theme of THIS table, all future tables will NOT apply that theme. And that was good, you could change the theme of a particular table and it wouldn't affect future open tables.

And now a new tournament starts with the latest theme setting, no matter where I make that setting, whether it's from the table menu or the main menu.
I don't know why it was changed. In general, I want a faster change of the theme of a particular table. I'm used to noticing tables on babble, in ITM, on finals, satellites, etc. It is quite inconvenient to do this on Unibet, but I understand that it is important for a fairly small percentage of players, so I am unlikely to wait for this.

Tbh I was not aware that this changed. I thought it had always worked like it does now; if you change the table background from table setting, it applies to that table and future tables, unless you tick the apply to all tables option 

@novy

Its an XP race for certain people who signed up through specific affiliates.

Essentially certain affiliate sites will advertise Unibet and direct people to go sign up to Unibet through their link. 

Unibet pays these affiliate sites a commission of what these players rake (maybe they get eg. 5% of what these players rake).

In turn, these affiliate sites give a portion of this commission back to the people who signed up through them. 

in 2023 there seems to be a monthly XP race once a quarter where the people who rake the most (across all games / stakes) get prizes. 

The more you rake (as an affiliate player) the higher you climb the leaderboard and the more you stand to win.

BTW, you cant join the affiliate once you have signed up to Unibet. If you signed up through one of the specific affiliates then you are in the race, if you didn't you are not.

You can search on the leaderboard to find yourself, it has your first and last initial and your rake in cents. Eg. if you are John Smith and you have raked 50 euros it will show:

J. S. 5000.

Hope this makes it clear!

Edited by Wizard
  • Thanks 1