Blog: Grind on the mind

SkilfulPoker

You can lose weight fast on 1,500 calories if you lift heavy. Best method because you gain muscle at same time. It takes a lot of dedication but the payoff is definitely worth it.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't say 600 calories a day is healthy at all. Crash dieting is generally just bad for your body. 

I would download an app called MyFitnessPal and track all of your food. You can set your weight loss goals and it will calculate your dietary intake. My missus is going mad off the little supermarket till beep when I scan all my food. You'll also quickly learn what food you should be avoiding with the hints it provides about different food. 

Also get 7 minute app. Perfect when you can't make the gym or don't want to join one in the first place!!! Quick HIIT workouts that will get your heart thumping and burn fat. 

oh great thanks doctor, nice to know i'm getting pro advice.. anyway i guess i will do what i want with my body. no offence, well maybe a little.

Anyway! so i enter twice for 888 £110 tourney ; two day 1's two days i damn well lose! aaaah

yesterday whatever can't rememeber.

(i was sober)

today i also try my best, and dont have any alcohol at all...

i end up calling 13bb off, in the BB with ATo

vs UTG raise, from a chinese guy who had played 6 hands on our table...

can't help but think i should have folded, hindsght is a nice thing he had JJ.

on way home i went pub, because why not i got no more poker to play haha.

On a more serious note here's the thing...

I can't play online.. i don't know what it is online , i just have no discipline... the month i was sposed to go to Bucharest, i earnt 1k, i thought it would be my spending money... but then i thought, hey why not, win a main event seat and have you spending money too.. hey great idea... hey unibet sports betting... oh ❤️♥️❤️ i lost my 1k ... hahah... oh well....

(p.s. unibet staff it's not problematic, aside from it's hurting my poker world domination dreams)...

hence i only had £300 spending money for Bucharest, hence i couldnt afford the flight reschedule..

oh well...

i have a cunning plan... my current client says he may renew this month, if he does, i'll have 1.2k towards end of this month, i'm genna try to run it up live, then if it works, i can splash a £100 or so online, knowing i will lose it :D i have zero discipline online, but can play ok live, ok...

cool, thanks for reading, say hello, tell me how your jan 2017 is going :D

Hey @Ametrine you are cool and so is most others, apologies you'rs is the first name that came to mind. I am here at 5am on Frday, guess what. Last two nights i played an MTT the 888 mtt, 110 entry, two nights running, both nights i played until 1am ffs! tonight here is how it went down...

i have 13bbs ... random chinese guy recently joins table

raised utg all in 32 bb

tabled folds to be in BB with 14 bbs

i have ATo i deliberate for a bit... he talks some rubbish damn him! :D

and persuaded me to call... (REAL TIP: if someone says fold and save your chips, they want you to call)

I did this to a guy earlier, i told him, fold save your chips i wanted him to call me... this chinese guy said same to me... i call, he has JJ ❤️♥️❤️

oh well :D ... but basic lesson is, i played ok live,  i cant play online.. im genna try to win live... will keep u updated... good luck everyone! i played ok live,

@SkilfulPoker wrote:

oh great thanks doctor, nice to know i'm getting pro advice.. anyway i guess i will do what i want with my body. no offence, well maybe a little.

Of course it's your body but we see how well you've managed it by 'doing what you want.' @NeriPoker gave you perfectly good advise.

Majority of overweight people are just lazy and make excuses to justify their decisions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fatlogic

Dont be offended. Use this as motivation to prove that you can turn things around. Summer is roughly 6 months away, go beast mode everyday.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Okay I have no idea how my reply offended you when I actually took the time to give you some advice. No I'm not a doctor, didn't claim to be but I'm speaking from experience as someone who has has both gained and lost a fair bit of weight repeatedly. 

Your reply comes across very childish and to be honest makes you look like a bit of a tw@t. 

@radge1hope you did better than me, a few hands in i raise JTs, get 3bet, call of course because why not...

Flop K75... he cbets small.. i think yeah ok whatever.. so put in a cheeky little check raise with jack high!

he shoved... well i could hit a jack on the turn right, surely he dont have a king... i stack off proudly with my jack high.. going with my read he has nothing!

oh dear he has AK :D

i have so little patience online :D but it was fun, and as long as i keep the deposits small, it's all good :-)

next serious campaign with poker will be live with about 8 stacks at 100nl, in about 2 weeks ; until then I will take a bit of a break i think :D

OK the weekend is here, been so ill all week with the flu!

But am just about over the worst of it i think, but not well enough to go out, so decided to play some poker instead.

Unforunately i still can't play on Unibet very reliably the main client now opens on my pc but the graphics are all messed up... and the web client is intermitent it might open 9/10 times i try to load it.

So I'm going to play on another site this weekend and just see what little progress I can make, I wont mention the other sites name (doesnt seem right in Unibet's forum :D) but i will post my charts throughout the weekend. Looking to just get a tonne of volume in, and play the most mindful poker i ever played before online... Will see how it goes.

Main focus is going to be 2nl cash i think, starting with about 10 stacks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all. Hope you're doing good.

I was just a little frustrated with Unibet Poker client last month as it just kept crashing on me, and the online one was unreliable, so I reluctantly played on another site for a bit. Most recently I had a go at 20nl...

I'm pleased I didn't tilt... this is a big improvement for me, and although a very small sample, (and a losing one at that) my actual play I think was reasonable, and I made the right mental decisions when they mattered, for example leaving a table when I started to feel my ego getting into the way and taking it too personally against one or two players.

So a victory and even if I didn't win the battle of the $ line... I did win the battle of not being results orientated and playing with a reasonably decent mental game.

Here's my results from the last few days:

Results.thumb.png.85ac1fbdeaa121b7d1c504b213384be7.png

So I withdrew my money (and then promptly lost on a basketball bet...) but that aside, I am back to figuring out what to do about poker. So I decided hey it's a new month, the challenges on Unibet are always fun. Some amateur has just won $1.6million in Australia

So I'm inspired to play some more poker, and am back on Unibet.

Just about to deposit $20.

Goals for this month:

- Have fun.
 - Keep blog updated daily / every couple of days.
 - Profit (that would be nice, although I'm not expecting much).
 - Play as well as I can when ever I play!

Unibet really is the bomb when it comes to somewhere fun to play for a challenge for not much money.

I just noticed the MTT league has started again, great timing, as i'm looking to get into some MTTs.

Deposited $20 and entered the $10 deepstack ($ = euro)

Just need to bink this to get a bit of a bankroll going, in meantime I may play some 4nl to help bankroll a little as it's down to 14 now I entered this.

Just playing recreationally at the moment, so not too concerned about BRM.

No strategy in my challenge thread today, i'm too hung over :P had a good night though. Instead here's a pretty amazing violinist

and a song from stereophonics that is pretty decent that i never heard of until last night :)

Have a good Wednesday!

In meantime I will try to get rid of my headache, damn hangovers!

Archived