UDSO/MPF Malta April 2023

sgriff

Good to see Unibet supporting the Malta Poker Festival.  The package includes a satellite to the main event on 28/4. I'm confused why this is included when the package already includes a main event seat. What would happen if I qualified as the next day would be the final day for qualifiers yet I'd then have 2 bullets?  Could I cash the 2nd bullet? Alternatively, if I arrived earlier in the week could I play my qualifier earlier than the 28th which is stated as there are satellites earlier in the week?

Finally, is there a set day for playing the main event with the main event entry included in the package or could I arrive earlier (and stay somewhere else initially or extend the hotel stay if allowed) and play a day 1 earlier in the week which would free me up for  playing in the other events if I didn't make day 2?

Lots of questions. Just trying to get my head around how the package works before I book my flights (I'll be going anyway even if I miss out on the package).

On 2/26/2023 at 7:42 PM, sgriff said:

Good to see Unibet supporting the Malta Poker Festival.  The package includes a satellite to the main event on 28/4. I'm confused why this is included when the package already includes a main event seat. What would happen if I qualified as the next day would be the final day for qualifiers yet I'd then have 2 bullets?  Could I cash the 2nd bullet? Alternatively, if I arrived earlier in the week could I play my qualifier earlier than the 28th which is stated as there are satellites earlier in the week?

Finally, is there a set day for playing the main event with the main event entry included in the package or could I arrive earlier (and stay somewhere else initially or extend the hotel stay if allowed) and play a day 1 earlier in the week which would free me up for  playing in the other events if I didn't make day 2?

Lots of questions. Just trying to get my head around how the package works before I book my flights (I'll be going anyway even if I miss out on the package).

It includes a sat seat because it's a multi flight, multi entry event so we added the sat as an extra way to get another entry.

You could sell your additional seat if you didn't want it. If you arrived earlier then I'd assume you could play an earlier sat.

For hotel arrangements you'd need to confirm this with the event organisers about the package flexibility. I can check with the DSO Boss tomorrow and get some more info.

• Thanks 1

Poker Janitor

• 2 months later...
Just back from a great time in Malta for the Deepstack Open. I thought that I read something beforehand that there would be welcome drinks etc, but I didn't receive any information on this, just confirmation that they had noted I wanted to use the package for Malta.  I emailed asking if there were welcome drinks etc but didn't hear back. 

Were there welcome drinks and activities or am I getting confused with a package I'd seen by another poker site? I know it's a bit late now, but it would be useful to know for the future and to know how to get any details in advance. 

Unibet Open have welcome drinks and activities, but I'm not getting confused with that. I swear I saw something online but I couldn't find it when I looked again.